Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: War on Drugs Pledge  (Read 3071 times)

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
War on Drugs Pledge
« on: November 07, 2007, 07:36:20 pm »

I have started a pledge at pledgebank.com regarding harm reduction and the War on Drugs.  I currently have 94 signers, and need only five more before the December deadline.  Of course, we can and should recruit new people to the project even if we pass the 100 mark, but the deadline is only about five weeks away.  This is an important opportunity to draw attention to this aspect of public policy.

The current signup rate has been accelerating in the last month, and I hope to get at least 120 signers before setting things up for next year.  Here is the link for signing up, if anyone hasn't done so already:
http://www.pledgebank.com/drugwar

Please involve as many people as you can.  We will start a big push nationwide to coincide with the two party primaries once we've reached our goal.

Thanks, again, to those who've already signed.

--Albert "Max" Abramson
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
Re: War on Drugs Pledge
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 11:43:14 pm »

This pledge was successful, with 8 more signers than called for.  Does anyone have any projects or ideas that they would like to propose to promote this?
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

CA_Libertarian

• FSP Member 2007
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 12:42:09 am »

This pledge was successful, with 8 more signers than called for.  Does anyone have any projects or ideas that they would like to propose to promote this?

I think I saw this discussed on another forum a while back, but I still love the idea...

Get a group of smokers, say 20, to meet up outside a government building - preferably legislative or law enforcement.  Each activist chooses to smoke their choice of a hand-rolled tobacco or marijuana cigarette.  Wave signs with catchy slogans pointing out that marijuana is no more dangerous than tobacco.

Alternatively, we could have 1 volunteer to be the civilly disobedient, while the rest puff tobacco.  I'm interested to see how the police would respond.  Would they start searching each person?  Arrest everybody and possibly face lawsuits for violating the rights of 19 people to gather, associate, and petition their government?
www.pledgebank.com/Next1000

The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it NOW deserves the love and thanks of man and woman.
~Thomas Paine (1737–1809)

JustRandy

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 02:21:49 am »

They'd probably all be charged until the lab could sort it out.  Considering the context of the gathering, there is probably cause to believe everybody was using a "controlled substance".  Not to mention the fact that the cops would be so pissed at the audacity of potheads toking in front of a cop-shop, they would pull no puches and even step beyond the law if they thought for a second they could get away with it.  The DA would probably feel the same as would the judge,,, most likely.
Pages: [1]   Go Up