Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Camping Equipment Rentals  (Read 7782 times)

davann

Camping Equipment Rentals
« on: January 21, 2008, 10:36:39 pm »

Is there a place near Gun Stock to rent camping equipment? I am coming from across the country and really would like to do the camping stuff as part of my vacaction. Sure hope there is a place to rent stuff from.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
Re: Camping Equipment Rentals
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 11:01:46 pm »

Is there a place near Gun Stock to rent camping equipment? I am coming from across the country and really would like to do the camping stuff as part of my vacaction. Sure hope there is a place to rent stuff from.
I think that the EMS store in Concord does.  I may be going there this week.. if I do I will ask there.

Rich Goldman

• FSP Participant
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 12:03:43 am »

IMO, it's probably cheaper and more relable to buy and sell / donate what you can't take back  .  I got my 7x7 tent that packs up nicely for $40 and various other supplies can be picked up from one of the box stores (e.g. WalMart down the road).  Relatedly, I'm trying to setup an affiliate program so people can help fund PorcFest / FSP when they buy camping supplies or other things from stores like WalMart, Target, Dick's Sporting Goods, etc.  More on this in the coming weeks or two.
--
Rich Goldman
Head Organizer, PorcFest 2007 & 2008

CA_Libertarian

• FSP Member 2007
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 12:30:03 am »

IMO, it's probably cheaper and more relable to buy and sell / donate what you can't take back  .  I got my 7x7 tent that packs up nicely for $40 and various other supplies can be picked up from one of the box stores (e.g. WalMart down the road).  Relatedly, I'm trying to setup an affiliate program so people can help fund PorcFest / FSP when they buy camping supplies or other things from stores like WalMart, Target, Dick's Sporting Goods, etc.  More on this in the coming weeks or two.

If you're into shopping online, we already are set up as a GoodSearch charity.  GoodSearch is a search engine (though inferior for some types of searches) that donates a penny to your charity of choice every time you search.  It also has a long list of e-tailers that donate a percentage of your purchase to your charity.
www.pledgebank.com/Next1000

The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it NOW deserves the love and thanks of man and woman.
~Thomas Paine (1737–1809)

Rich Goldman

• FSP Participant
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 08:42:57 am »

Ah, cool.  I'll look into this further.
--
Rich Goldman
Head Organizer, PorcFest 2007 & 2008

Porcupine Realtor

• FSP Participant
  • Arrived in NH on 9/03/07!
    • Mark Warden - Porcupine Real Estate
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 08:48:43 am »

I am relinquishing my excellent campsite location in favor of staying in a nearby cottage.
The site is Poplar Field 5 and it is in the "party/social" area of the campground, near the Sakal/CAI fun tent.  The location is very convenient to the lodge/activities area and to rest rooms and showers.  The site has water and electric hook-ups.  The cost is $210 for the week.  You can pay me for it directly; otherwise I'll cancel it with Gunstock and it will go back into the general pool and may get assigned to a non-Porc.

The cottage has space for an additional 2-3 persons if anyone is interested.  It's 8.5 miles away, about 17 minutes by car, on the shore of Lake Winnipesaukee.  It has 4 beds and a kitchen.  Rent for the week is $825 divided by the number of nights/people.  It's a great deal!  No pets or indoor smoking.

There is another cottage nearby for rent, but ONLY Saturday through Saturday; you have to be out by noon on the 14th.  It's $650 for the week.  Call Sharla at 603-455-5245 to reserve.

For more info email mwarden@freestateproject.org

I also know of a good source of pop-up campers that can be delivered and setup on your site for $400-600 for the week.  It's a good option for those without tents.
www.PorcupineRealEstate.com
Mover #491
Allison James Estates & Homes
163 Amherst St Nashua NH 03064
Pages: [1]   Go Up