Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: pledgebank.com/Next1000  (Read 13913 times)

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
Re: pledgebank.com/Next1000
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2008, 09:16:44 pm »

I think that it's groupthink, you know.  A whole committee starts reasoning their way through something and arrives at a decision that is much worse than any of them would make individually.  When I repeated this reasoning to other folks, they almost always give me a quizical look and just say, "What were they thinking?  Why would one detract from the other?" or something to that effect...

Anyway, we have more folks signing up, and the word is getting out about the project.  I've paid for some more Ridley ads, so my end of things (advertising for N1K) is going pretty well.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

jrod

« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2008, 01:03:27 pm »

I'm signed up, by the way.

Keyser Soce

• FSP Participant
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2008, 10:48:17 am »

Congrats! See you soon.
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." -- Mark Twain

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2008, 02:47:58 pm »

Great to hear!  ;D  What's your timeline for moving?
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2008, 01:43:11 am »

Congratulations!  We can't wait to see you here.  Don't forget to tell all of your liberty minded friends about the FSP and Next 1,000 before making the move.  That gets the idea into people's minds, and helps us later in recruiting.  We've now got a group up on facebook, and everyone is invited to join the group and leave comments.

Also, thanks to everyone for their efforts in getting new signers.  The Next 1,000 is already up to 44 signers.  Don't forget to remind new mover-activists (who weren't part of the First thou) to add their names to the Next 1,000 list, also.  This second wave would get us to the 1500-2,000 activists we need to really get NH back to its roots as a free state.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 01:43:16 am by maxxoccupancy »
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2008, 01:45:00 am »

Also, we have a Next 1,000 Board with a few new members.  Everyone is invited to join and help us come up with ideas for reaching new mover-activists.

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2008, 08:18:41 pm »

85 signers.  At this last month's present rate, we'll see about 800 signers by the deadline.  Be sure and remind newbies that they should put their name here, and also update their address so that the counter will move.

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2008, 08:27:55 pm »

85 signers.  At this last month's present rate, we'll see about 800 signers by the deadline.  Be sure and remind newbies that they should put their name here, and also update their address so that the counter will move.

One thing I'm going to start reminding people is that if they update, they can know "their number."  That is, what number mover they were.  It's kind of cool so people might be more likely to update.
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2008, 03:44:35 pm »

That's actually a really good idea.  I moved, tried to update my address, but never got a number.  I still don't know because I had account troubles early on.

Anyway, I've been reminding folks of the benefit of keeping your address up to date--and the counter.

coldsoul

• FSP Participant
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2008, 04:15:31 am »

I signed the next 1000 :)

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2008, 06:38:03 am »

I signed the next 1000 :)

If your wife is a freedom-lover, she can sign up for the FSP and the Next 1,000 too.

coldsoul

• FSP Participant
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2008, 05:19:21 pm »

Well if you know my wife can you introduce her to me since I haven't meet her yet? Seriously though I am single so it will only be me.

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2009, 12:36:55 pm »

Now at 104 signers.  If you know of anyone who has moved, or is planning to move, make sure that they have signed up at pledgebank.com/Next1000

We've been reaching out to more folks, but the numbers have been growing more slowly over the last quarter.  Be sure to let folks know about the importance of this one.  Next 1,000 is intended to get another thousand activists here before the next presidential primary.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2009, 02:58:01 pm »

Now at 104 signers.  If you know of anyone who has moved, or is planning to move, make sure that they have signed up at pledgebank.com/Next1000

We've been reaching out to more folks, but the numbers have been growing more slowly over the last quarter.  Be sure to let folks know about the importance of this one.  Next 1,000 is intended to get another thousand activists here before the next presidential primary.
we need to get the rest of the first 1000 here.

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2009, 02:07:29 am »

I'm not waiting around for that day.  It's likely that one or two hundred will never move here.  Some have already left.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up