Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: pledgebank.com/Next1000  (Read 13912 times)

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
Re: pledgebank.com/Next1000
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2008, 12:48:47 am »

We just hit 19 signers.  At this rate of one per day, we'll just barely hit our goal.  We can get quite a bit more attention by placing the link www.pledgebank.com/Next1000 in our signatures and by recruiting from the ranks of RP activists.  There was a tremendous amount of advertising and get-out-the-word effort that helped make the First 1,000 successful.  I think that a similar strategy would work with Next 1,000.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2008, 11:09:14 pm »

All right, I've got a new pic up on the website.  This one is of Mt. Washington, and I'm hoping that this will draw more people to the effort than the photo of kids snowmobiling on a frozen lake.  Who knows, maybe that's a bigger draw than "This car climbed Mt. Washington" eh.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
pledgebank.com/Next1000
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2008, 01:42:52 am »

We're up to 31 signers so far (six of whom have already moved), so I felt it would be worthwhile to post an update on the Next 1,000 project:

1. We've just started another run of ads on the Ridley Report, improving exposure and brand association with the Next 1,000 project.  There will also be a Next 1,000 table at Porcfest '08 "The Ocho," though we are still in need of volunteers to man the table.  Anyone willing to man the table for an hour or two, just PM me and I'll give you the info--or you can just sit down at the table at random and BS your way through people's questions.

2. The FSP Board rejected our effort to buy an ad in the FSP Newsletter.  The concern mentioned was that this would detract from the personal triggers effort.  This was an unfortunate setback for the effort, but the Board's decision was final.  The FSP Newsletter reaches 12,000 people, mostly potential movers.

3. We're putting together a kind of Board of Directors of sorts, using this thread as a kind of virtual meeting place to develop ideas for reaching people.  Anyone interested in joining this online Board is welcome to do so.  I expect this to eat up roughly one hour per week for those wanting to contribute this way.  Again, please PM me if you are interested in joining up or volunteering.

4.  www.pledgebank.com/Next1000 is being used as the site for comments and updates on the project.  Feel free to drop some supportive comments or constructive ideas for folks considering the move.

5. We're still targeting Operation Live Free or Die folks for the Next 1,000.  Some of the best places for recruiting new movers have been New York and New England activist groups.  They tend to be easier to reach and have been more likely to make the move.

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2008, 09:32:25 pm »

For the record, there have been about a dozen different people contributing to the Next 1,000 that I'm aware of, and I'd like to acknowledge some of them here.

Dave Ridley
Jim Flaherty
David Tapley
sjhipple
nathanm
jraxis

And many more thanks to all of the folks whose names I missed.  We are also setting up a kind of Next 1,000 Board of Directors.  If there is anyone out there interested in getting involved with this, just jump in and we'll get some activities rolling.

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2008, 03:10:37 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6-9-LqPygE&NR=1

This video is on topic, I swear.

Fishercat

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2008, 04:06:40 pm »

I've been Ozzie-Rolled?

margomaps

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2008, 05:24:08 pm »

I've been Ozzie-Rolled?

Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking.  I don't get the connection to this thread.  Max?

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2008, 07:03:08 pm »

Okay, okay.  It may be a bit off topic, eh.  Anyway, this is definitely a project worth helping out.  I think that we'll have the state once we have about 2,000 activists, and others have stated the same.  I think that this is a more realistic target, and I don't think that we'd need more than that, to be honest.

Keyser Soce

• FSP Participant
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2008, 08:30:12 pm »

I've been Ozzie-Rolled?

Better than being Rick Rolled. Right? :P
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." -- Mark Twain

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2008, 11:55:57 pm »

Anyway, we're in need of both Board members and volunteers for the table at PorcFest 08 "The Ocho." This is very important to the movement in general.  Also, check out www.freestatenow.com which has a lot of good success stories aboot folks who've made the move.

We're all asked to volunteer for things, and there are a lot of projects out there to work on, but the most important task of all is getting more activists here in NH in order participate in some of those projects. 

Ron Helwig

• FSP Participant
    • Shire Silver
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2008, 07:41:53 am »

Also, check out www.freestatenow.com which has a lot of good success stories aboot folks who've made the move.
It should be pointed out that http://freestatenow.com is a work in progress. The success stories are all Ridleos of movers - Thanks, Dave!
Are you a Next 1000 liberty activist?

Rebuild the precious metal economy with Shire Silver

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2008, 10:29:54 pm »

And it's a fantastic work in progress, eh.  Fantastic!   If anything, the rest of us should feel grateful for the opportunity to even LOOK at that site.  As though, by having seen freestatenow.com , that now, all other sites were as not even Web sites at all.

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2008, 04:49:51 pm »

We are planning on putting together an order for Next 1,000 sweat pants (since everyone already has T-shirts for everything).  The sweatpants are a bit more expensive than shirts, but are useful year round and look really nice.

If anyone has ideas for the design running down the leg, or if you would like to order a pair yourself, please PM me and give me your sizes.  They should run around $18-20, and are great if you already plan on getting some sweatpants for yourself or a loved one.

N1
E0
X0
T0

We're up to 41 signers, already, and are making progress toward our goal.  Anyone who mentioned an interest in joining the Next 1,000 Board can contact me or reply to this posting.  The Board will meet once a month for an hour or two to propose ways to reach future mover-activists.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2008, 08:01:10 pm »

I want to see a duel between Jason & Max!  Probably put us to sleep ;D
save me Maaaxxxx!
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2008, 08:02:55 pm »

2. The FSP Board rejected our effort to buy an ad in the FSP Newsletter.  The concern mentioned was that this would detract from the personal triggers effort.  This was an unfortunate setback for the effort, but the Board's decision was final.  The FSP Newsletter reaches 12,000 people, mostly potential movers.
I'm with ya Max .... if I was on the FSP Board or had a newsletter that would be good to advertize in ... I would have loved to have your ad .... but I can't help you.

Good luck with next 1000
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up