Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: pledgebank.com/Next1000  (Read 13910 times)

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
pledgebank.com/Next1000
« on: January 15, 2008, 01:05:30 am »

Many prospective movers have already signed up on this site.  However, if you are planning on coming here before 20,000 is reached, before September 2011, please help us out by signing up at the Next 1000 site.  A few of us are really working hard at making this project as big a success as the First 1,000.

As many of you know, we only gave ourselves aboot one year to sign people up for the First 1,000, and it was a tremendous effort getting the signatures needed to hit our goal.  You can also help out from your homestate by talking to fellow liberty activists in your state aboot the fsp.  That kernel of an idea may germinate in their mind years from now when they are considering selling their house and moving out anyway.  NH may become a potential destination for them.

www.pledgebank.com/Next1000
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re: pledgebank.com/Next1000
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 09:18:50 am »

I need to make the qualification that this is unofficial. This Next 1000 project is Max's, not the FSP's. The FSP will have new signup options on our Join page soon that will allow people to select their own numeric triggers and time frame for moving. So feel free to sign up for Max's pledge, but be aware that the FSP isn't doing any validation or follow-up with it.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 11:34:14 am »

I need to make the qualification that Jason is still living in New York.  There are, in fact, several porcs already hard at work on the second wave, which was discussed at some length on other boards before I even got back from my last ship.  I was just the guy who took input for the sign up and move dates and put them up in the form of an actual pledge.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
    • My Homepage
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 11:54:34 am »

I need to make the qualification that Jason is still living in New York.  There are, in fact, several porcs already hard at work on the second wave, which was discussed at some length on other boards before I even got back from my last ship.  I was just the guy who took input for the sign up and move dates and put them up in the form of an actual pledge.

I don't know why you're being so annoying lately, Max. It's as if you're trying to stir up trouble or controversy of some kind.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 01:34:13 pm »

This is not the place for ad hominem, but for recruiting new people.  I have been sending personal messages to folks when I had a personal disagreement with them, and I think that that should be the standard if the issue doesn't involve everyone else reading the forum, but that's a topic for another thread.

If you are surprised that I am promoting controversy, then you don't know me that well.

I like to fight!

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
    • My Homepage
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 03:02:40 pm »

I like to fight!

Well, I don't, so lay off please.

lloydbob1

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 05:02:26 pm »

I want to see a duel between Jason & Max!  Probably put us to sleep ;D

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 10:13:02 pm »

I think one is advised to attack his enemies, if he must, but not his friends.  We're all friends here.
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2008, 12:37:32 pm »

It's very important that we recruit movers and activists.  It's good that the first 500 are figuring out how to do things, but we really have to bring in 2,000 people.  The more, the better.

We also have to reach other people who are politically active already--convert our enemies and make friends of the rest.  I've found that college is a good place for that.

Keyser Soce

• FSP Participant
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2008, 04:16:53 am »

I want to see a duel between Jason & Max!  Probably put us to sleep ;D

This is why we have chess and poker. And paintball.  ;D
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." -- Mark Twain

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2008, 12:18:41 pm »

One week into our pledge, the signup rate gives us over 1700 signers by the deadline.  Deja vu.  This is just like the First 1,000 all over again.  You get that big initial surge, then have to enlist volunteers to plug away at the project until you get your thousand.  We came in very close last time around.

Hopefully, a large onset of next wavers will encourage more of the First 1,000 and other freestaters to get off their butt and make the move--or at least scrimp and save for the big move.

CA_Libertarian

• FSP Member 2007
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2008, 01:51:40 pm »

Unlike the F1K, N1K benefits from the snowball effect.  We can see what you guys are doing there.  We know there's a network in place to help us find housing and employment, etc.  This makes it that much easier to take the plunge.

I bet we'll easily beat the deadline by several months.
www.pledgebank.com/Next1000

The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it NOW deserves the love and thanks of man and woman.
~Thomas Paine (1737–1809)

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2008, 03:27:24 pm »

There's an unofficial deadline of Dec 2009 in order to allow plenty of time for folks to make the move.  That extra year (Dec 2010) was added as a buffer--just in case we don't have enough sigs within two years.  I actually hesitated a bit on the First 1,000 because I didn't agree with some of the decisions made, there.  The Next 1,000 pledge gives us more time and allows people to sign up who may have been excluded from the First 1,000.

Any ideas for a logo?  New pic on the pledge?

mappchik

• FSP Participant
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2008, 10:00:50 am »

Our plan is to make the move after our oldest finishes middle school next year. Since it's time to change schools anyway, it seems to be a good transition time for everyone. This will give us plenty of time to sign up before the Dec 2009 deadline. I just don't want to sign on officially until we have a definite move date on the calendar.

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2008, 06:38:47 pm »

For goodness sakes.  Next 1,000 (and fsp, in general I think) is based on intent.  We have set the move in deadline by September of 2011 to catch as many people as possible.  Agreeing to make the move isn't the same as joining a monestary.  We're just saying that we plan to do this--barring acts of nature and Congress.

I've actually had a few people ask me about this, and there's nothing wrong with signing up--even if something down the road causes you to miss the deadline.  In fact, no one would be able to sign unconditionally, except for people who are already here today, which would kind of defeat the purpose.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up