Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Im young but Im interested  (Read 4671 times)

cody745

Im young but Im interested
« on: January 14, 2008, 11:39:23 pm »

Hi, I am interested in moving out to New Hampshire by the end of 2008 or 2009. I am going to file for an emancipation and move out. I am 14 at the current moment but very politically savvy. Alot of you will know me by a video thats gotten tons of hits on the internet. I am known as the "Ron Paul Kid" here's one of my vids: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Msilh1H7E1g&feature=related  and here's the other one:  http://youtube.com/watch?v=L3EeviSzmKE&feature=related

Things aren't working out were I am, I am going to emancipate, move out to NH with a friend or two. Any suggestions? I am going to have a job and save and get a loan for this and hopefully I can help persuae the youth as well.

I need suggestions and legallity of the process.

JosephCHart

Re: Im young but Im interested
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 11:49:39 pm »

:o WELCOME!  Great work!  Truely an inspiration.  As for legality, wait for others to come on :)

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 12:37:08 am »

Dude, bring the whole fam.  Your dad seems like he is a good guy if he's a Ron Paul supporter, too.  Also, we're trying to get potential movers to bring friends and family, if possible.  If you intend to move out here (even if you later find that you can't, but intend to now), you should sign the pledge we've just put up in the last few days:

www.pledgebank.com/Next1000

BTW, you can sign the Next 1,000 pledge even if you can't make it out until the end of September 2011.  If you can get out here for Porcfest '08 "The Ocho," that would be awesome.  It would be even more awesome if you could bring the whole fam.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 10:58:27 am »

Bring your family up to Porc Fest this June.  Maybe you'll convert your dad to two causes.  :)
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

cody745

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 04:47:49 pm »

My father is with it politically, but his head isn't right. He has a very explosive temper and harsh anger problems, probably why he was supporting Giuliani. I have NO intention of bringing him around.

I am going to do this one with my friends. We are all going to emancipate. We are gonna need loans and such and help moving but the site has been VERY helpful, if there's any other assistance I can get, I'd love to participate.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 08:00:46 pm »

what does "emancipate" mean to you? why do you want to or need to do it?

what do your buddies want to do when they get here?
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2008, 09:21:31 am »

Welcome. ;D

My only suggestion is to avoid indebting indenturing yourself with a loan. You won’t truly be free if you’re spending the next 5–10 years working to pay off creditors.

lloydbob1

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2008, 09:26:25 am »

The economy, in general, is probably going to take a hit.  Jobs could dry up. You might be better off living where you already have a support group and get what work you can, save money, get some experience and move when things get better.

cody745

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2008, 05:05:14 pm »

The economy, in general, is probably going to take a hit.  Jobs could dry up. You might be better off living where you already have a support group and get what work you can, save money, get some experience and move when things get better.

It's an idea. I was thinking of starting a buisness, my good friend Zach Stowasser started his when he was 17 and he can help me set one up. I was thinking about opening a hookah lounge, for those of you who don't know what Hookah is, google it.

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2008, 07:11:30 pm »

There's definitely a need for fsp businesses up here.  You don't need a storefront or a lot of inventory.  A lot of people in NH are just self-employed professionals.  Find some things you really enjoy doing and get good at those things.  It's best to land here with a trade or two to fall back on.  Electrician and IT work are always in demand.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."
Pages: [1]   Go Up