Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Porc home in Seabrook...  (Read 13481 times)

Porcupine The Godful Heathen

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
Re: New Porc home in Seabrook...
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2008, 12:28:02 pm »

Well I love the winter and the snow so "good" weather for me is today. Not driving in it though. Thats not fun.
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods." - Einstein

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2008, 01:38:17 am »

I keep going out to the Seacoast, and there's hardly any snow out there, especially Seabrook itself.  A bit less snow seems to fall out there, and whatever's left on the ground seems to melt sooner, also.  I'm just sorry that we didn't consider this as a town to concentrate activists in sooner.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

TEBON

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2008, 10:10:46 am »

as I get older, snow becomes more and more stressful. . .  oh to those days where I'd pray for snow and take my buick out and do donuts in industrial parking lots.

not to advertise here. . .but I'm going to anyways. . . . if any seacoast porcs like a good place to eat, diner style, with great comfort food (and the best meatloaf sandwich around). . . Fast Eddy's in Hampton, right on Route One across from the Hampton Cinema. . .

50's diner style, great food, cheap, it's awesome. . . I loved it.  Home cooked meals are are rare find around. ..they seem to do it right

and btw-- I have no stock, ownership, nor do I even know anyone who works there, just a suggestion that's all.

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2008, 11:29:37 am »

Maybe we should throw that in to the 101 Reasons to Move to the Seacoast.

Now I just have to find some great restaurants in Seabrook, eh.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

TEBON

« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2008, 10:11:56 am »

that could be a problem Maxx. . . . there are the big box restaurants obviously. . . Applebees, Chilis, 99's, but for restaurants there aren't a plenty.  I do suggest Nana Mal's hotdog stand -- she's right on Route 1 near the crappy hotel called the Phonecia (sp?)

There is a great breakfast place on 286 heading to the beach, in the old firehouse complex. . .but it's hours are weird and sometimes it changes owners. . .so how it is now, I have no idea.  Kielbasa for breakfast is key for me lol.

I do think it's not a long trip up Route 1 to Hampton, where they have some great restaurants. . . the Galley Hatch,  Wilburs Fine Dining

maybe that's an idea. . . the Free State Restaurant lol. . . . personally I'd rather have a truck stop.

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2008, 11:06:59 am »

Build-A-Burger's.  It was going to be like a mongolian grill where you sort of choose your own toppings, and then the type of burger and how much you wanted.  $1 for the burger plus and extra $1 for each patty.  Cheap and fun, and you get people on all of the extras.

Unfortunately, inflation has been hitting record highs, so we'd have to charge like $1.07 or something.  Maybe we should call it inflation burger.  Or we could be like a bank and hit you with countless fees at the register.  People would say, "Wow, a free burger."  Yeah, your first patty, heh heh.

--Max

Ron Helwig

• FSP Participant
    • Shire Silver
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2008, 07:08:11 pm »

Unfortunately, inflation has been hitting record highs, so we'd have to charge like $1.07 or something.  Maybe we should call it inflation burger.  Or we could be like a bank and hit you with countless fees at the register.  People would say, "Wow, a free burger."  Yeah, your first patty, heh heh.

Just set the price at a gram of silver per patty. One gram for a soda. One gram for fries.

You probably wouldn't need to change the menu prices for decades  ;D
Are you a Next 1000 liberty activist?

Rebuild the precious metal economy with Shire Silver

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2008, 12:24:37 am »

Except that a gram is only worth about 55 cents.  Silver has maintained its value for thousands of years.  One ounce has always roughly equalled two hours worth of unskilled labor.

Ron Helwig

• FSP Participant
    • Shire Silver
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2008, 09:47:29 am »

Except that a gram is only worth about 55 cents.  Silver has maintained its value for thousands of years.  One ounce has always roughly equalled two hours worth of unskilled labor.

Loss leader.
Are you a Next 1000 liberty activist?

Rebuild the precious metal economy with Shire Silver

lloydbob1

« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2008, 10:13:58 am »

Wasn't silver about 3 bucks an oz just a short few years ago?  Hardly pays 2 hours of labor.

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2008, 10:31:06 am »

It fluctuates more than the dollar over the short run, but over long periods of time, it holds up much better.

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2008, 03:51:05 pm »

For anyone interested, the house in Seabrook will be available to look at by potential renters and other interested folks between 6-7pm, Tuesday, February 5th.

The home is at 14 Charles Henry Way right off of Route 1.  Just follow Route 1 South until you almost hit the Mass border. (There is a roundabout right there, with Town Hall on your left.) If you miss the turn, you can do a quick U-turn and come straight out.  Head down Folly Mill Road (which will be on your right going south on Route 1) and head about one minute down until you reach Charles Henry Way on your left.  It will be the small, blue house on your right.  You have to take your shoes off when you come inside the house.

freedominnh

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2008, 09:45:22 am »

Begging the question---did you close?

There are at least six Free Staters in Hampton.  If people meld into NH ---that is their perogative.  I have provided my personal style of  local activism to any of the people who know me.  Four(counting RH) of the six + 1(RH) are NH voters.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 10:07:52 am by freedominnh »

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2008, 11:42:30 am »

Whoa hoa!  Just hit 500 posts!  That means that I'm a productive member of the fsp, now.  (That was sarcasm, if you couldn't tell.)

The house closes on Feb 28th.  Everything is final now, and I'm just getting renters as we speak.  I chose Seabrook in part because it's so small, less than 7K people in town.  I also picked it because I got tired of waiting around for a seacoastal ftp.  I know that there are folks in Hampton, but couldn't figure out how the jurisdicitons played out, and had to conceed that I liked Seabrook more--and not just because of the low taxes.

I've found a lot of interest and even excitement about Seabrook, and the people there seem to be a libertarian as anyone on the coast.  My whole thing about Seabrook is about keeping things pretty much as they are, or downsizing wherever the townsfolk would agree to downsize.

susan28

• susan28.com
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2008, 12:12:20 am »

I mean they've been exporting Canadian bacon, whiskey, logs, and comedy to America for years and you folks aren't even grateful? 

28 <~~~~ very grateful for Kids in the Hall.. this is greaaat.. all this political influence makes me feel like Farah Fawcett in "Extremities"  :)
in love, there is always one who kisses and one who offers the cheek..
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up