Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Potential movers here...  (Read 9895 times)

freedominnh

Re: Potential movers here...
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2008, 08:01:28 pm »

The perfect storm was known as the no name storm right around Halloween in 1991.

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2008, 08:22:05 pm »

Maxx, I haven't seen anyone here insult you, so I don't know where all this is coming from.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2008, 08:28:53 pm »

Nearly all have stated that they would LOVE to move to a free state, but New England is out of the question. 

I'm not saying your point is invalid, but, honestly, a person who won't even sacrifice a teeny-tiny bit of comfort for liberty probably wouldn't do the rest either.  As I said, you've obviously talked to alot more people about this than me, but it sounds to me like the kind of excuse you make when you want to get out of going to someone's b-day party (and there'd be something else if that obstacle was removed).

Do you tell the "give me liberty or give me comfort" folks about FSW?

Really though...what's wrong with Wyoming?  Let's say there was another state vote to choose a Western state.  Wouldn't it be unlikely that a state BESIDES Wyoming would be chosen since there's already a small movement there?  In addition to FSW, you've also got Free West Alliance and some FSP Montana group (plus the FTP and North to the Future).  Are you saying that there just SHOULD be a vote to give it legitimacy? 

Again, people who can't get on board either the FSP or the FSW are just way too picky.

BTW, repeating the "there is already a Wyoming" issue does not help.  I am not proposing that we split movers with Wyoming.  I am proposing that we start a discussion about a vote on a second state using everything we know about the first.

Max for president of FSP III!!

IMO, the liberty migration market is saturated.  There are currently FIVE liberty migration movements.  All are dead except for two, and only one is really succeeding.

There is a certain professor on this thread whose initials are "JS" who helped start this whole project, but has not moved himself.  There are many noisemakers online who have contributed nill to the FSP, other than flaming those of us who have actually moved, help out on campaigns, donate, recruit, testify in the state house, and enlist natives to get involved.

There are quite a bit of people who haven't moved.  So what?  Not all of us are able to right away. It's not like Jason is doing nothing for the FSP.  I try to ignore the talkers and focus on the doers.  Btw, I appreciate the fact that Jason took the time to point out the the FSP has a spectrum of libertarians and many (if not most) of us are *not* anarchists.  I wish people would get over that already.

We waste such an awful lot of time and goodwill fighting with each other  :-\
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 08:45:06 pm by sjhipple »
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2008, 09:56:11 pm »

The perfect storm was known as the no name storm right around Halloween in 1991.

Since the original, we've borrowed the name and use it to signify the convergence of two lows with heavy precipe. I think I saw it used during the last few years flooding...
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 10:03:47 pm by John Edward Mercier »

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2008, 10:19:56 pm »

No!  No max for FSP prez.  No.

Cold is not merely a matter of convenience.  Bic Bicknell had so move to the southwest because of his wife's medical issues.  I personally asked him if he would consider moving to a milder western free state.  He said that he would love to, but there was no wfsp choosen by vote.  Since there's no discussion, voting date announced, and no actual vote, we get neither the media attention nor the mandate.

BTW, I actually think that more folks moved to Montana than Wyoming, but I'm not 100%.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2008, 08:21:43 am »

I try to ignore the talkers and focus on the doers. 

well said... well said!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up