Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Convincing My Wife  (Read 5183 times)

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
Re: Convincing My Wife
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2007, 11:28:20 pm »

we can go shopping and save! That's all I needed to know. I am moving for political reasons also. I don't know if you have children but I want to move for my son. They are forcing people to vaccinate their children with all that junk. I don't want have anymore children if I don't move.

Hey.... are the the lady who was dressed up like the Statue of Liberty in Philly?  We met (I think you met everyone) on the mall that day... can't wait for you to get here to NH!

CA_Libertarian

• FSP Member 2007
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2007, 04:29:14 am »

Have him read the freestateblogs (http://freestateblogs.net/)
 about the many successes(and failures) that we have had here.  I have never been more convinced that a few people working hard can make a HUGE difference.
If he is a Ron Paul supporter have him check the state by state graphs here:
www.ronpaulgraphs.com  and check out NH per capita donations.   :D

Actually, Ron Paul was the subject matter when he brought up the idealist vs realist argument.  He believes that an idealist can't get elected, so he'll vote for someone who can get elected.  I hate that attitude...

I voted for Bush twice for that exact reason (back when I was ignorant and a lot less libertarian).
www.pledgebank.com/Next1000

The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it NOW deserves the love and thanks of man and woman.
~Thomas Paine (1737–1809)

Kate

• Now in NH
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2007, 04:31:36 pm »

OK I didn't need much convincing and I'm not legally a wife but I do have a few ideas on convincing the spouse.

Getting her here to meet the women in the movement is a powerful tool in getting her to move.   These are people who do things.  We have hobbies, families, and activist goals that we all work on while we are having a good time and fostering a great community. This is on top of the job to pay the bills.  You won't find many sit and whine types around here.  The women may not be as vocal on the forums and such but they tend to be the type of people who go out and do. 

Most of the parents I have met take great care and responsibility for raising their families.  The children I have met are a refreshing change from a lot of children I know growing up in New Jersey.  It is nice to see so many well behaved children around.  There are quite a few families with small to nearly grown children here.  Many more are just starting their families.

When you move here you find an adopted family that wants you to feel welcome.  It was wonderful moving out of state again and knowing people in New Hampshire.  We had a big move in party.  40 People shows up to help us unpack.  Many we had met at Porc Fest and the Liberty Forum.  Some we knew from the forums and others we had never seen before.  Most of these people we see often and are becoming good friends.  You know the kind you can share a good meal with and call when you have car trouble. 

A lot of people move for the activism.  It is the growing community that everybody loves when they get here.  The community also keeps you in the loop for all different kinds of activism that is going on. 

I moved 4 months ago and I have no regrets.  I'm busier than every and love it.  In 2008 I will be buying my first home and can't wait.

Kate
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up