Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: FSP Project doesn't seem very Muslim-friendly...  (Read 15091 times)

tom ploszaj

Re: FSP Project doesn't seem very Muslim-friendly...
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2007, 08:50:06 pm »

Well as a FSP supporter I believe that if a Christian can place their hand on the Bible or a Muslim on the Koran and swear to uphold the NH and US Constitutions then they will be welcome with open arms by FSP membership.  Hopefully to help in amending the constitutions and laws to allow people to be freer than they are now. 

tom ploszaj

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2007, 08:54:34 pm »

P.S.
Sorry I just read a similar post from a Christian feeling that FSP is not Christ friendly.   Remember anyone can post on here.  You need to come and meet with FSP members, maybe this Jan or June and the annual FSP sponsored events

Denis Goddard

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Free the Mallocs!
    • Free State Blogs
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2007, 07:45:11 am »

randy762ak,

Please do me a favor, and don't post here anymore.

Thanks!

tranquility

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2007, 03:18:38 pm »

Thanks everyone for the positive responses. :-)   (And the trolls do make themselves obvious.)

I did a bit of online searching & found there was a mosque being built in Manchester, and that there are about 3000 Muslims in NH. There were some protests about the new mosque, but it didn't sound bigoted but more like people concerned about traffic, parking accommodations and things like that. I also read there were interfaith groups, and Christians, Jews and others were volunteering to help construct the mosque.  Definitely a positive sign that people are working together, of all faiths. (When I say faiths, it doesn't have to mean religious... even atheists have a faith/belief of their own)

Thanks for the links also -- I have checked them out as well.

I think the point some of you made is right, and as long as people focus on the primary issue of liberty, that everyone has a right to freedom & liberty so long as they do not harm others... then there should be no (or little) racism or bigotry. Ideally anyway. 
People who are fighting for liberty just have to remember that that right to freedom belongs to everyone, not just someone with the same beliefs they have. :)

The main issue is education. When people are educated about other cultures it just makes it so much easier to be tolerant and understanding.  It took my family years after I became Muslim to understand even some of the basics of Islam and that, yes, we are peaceful people, just like the average American who wants to live in peace, raise a family, and feel safe in their homes & neighborhoods. That's why the FSP is so appealing! :-)

** On a side note, some people listen to the fanatics' diatribe against Muslims, and might actually believe what people say. I have yet to meet a Muslim who isn't concerned about liberty & freedom for everyone. There are a ton of Muslims who speak out against violence & terror, but the media doesn't really talk about that too much because current US foreign policy needs Muslims to be viewed as the enemy, just as blacks were, and the Vietnamese, Koreans etc at different times. It seems most people here are educated enough to realize that it's just a bad time right now, and negative stereotyping is the norm.
Also, some Muslims I have met just don't have the energy to focus on speaking out. Why? They have relatives dying of hunger; family & friends stuck in places where they are in states of malnutrition & worrying about the survival of newborn babies; worried about bombs coming down on them and wiping out half their families; they have relatives to help who now have children whose legs have been amputated or they are blind or critically injured or lying in comas; or those who used to live in oppressive regimes where you are trained to remain silent, worrying about loved ones left behind maybe being tortured & killed. The list goes on. There are a lot of reasons some Muslims don't speak out publicly, though quite a few do.
"One is not a true believer whose neighbors do not feel secure from his mischief and evil".

Wanna know what really happened?  * www.whatreallyhappened.com *

error

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Department of Homeland Stupidity
    • U.S. Department of Homeland Stupidity
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2007, 01:07:50 pm »

Parking can be a real problem in Manchester, especially when something's going on at the arena. They completely failed to build the parking garage which would have gone along with the arena, and so you get cars stacked in every nook and cranny downtown. Fun to watch, not so fun to drive in. So this is definitely a concern.

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2007, 05:10:26 pm »

Parking can be a real problem in Manchester, especially when something's going on at the arena. They completely failed to build the parking garage which would have gone along with the arena, and so you get cars stacked in every nook and cranny downtown. Fun to watch, not so fun to drive in. So this is definitely a concern.

The event-parking situation is apparently why Pine Street and several other nearby streets are all signed residential parking only, permit required. Getting a permit to park as a resident requires a background check on your vehicle (that you’re ticket-free, the registration is up to date, &c.).

I’ll leave it as an exercise to the reader to decide whether or not this is just an example of the typical positive feedback loop of government incompetence, or if this was intentional on their part.

miamiballoonguy

• Home Page Of The Miami Balloon Guy
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2007, 07:50:04 am »

The event-parking situation is apparently why Pine Street and several other nearby streets are all signed residential parking only, permit required. Getting a permit to park as a resident requires a background check on your vehicle (that you’re ticket-free, the registration is up to date, &c.).

I’ll leave it as an exercise to the reader to decide whether or not this is just an example of the typical positive feedback loop of government incompetence, or if this was intentional on their part.

I bet you that it was intentional on their part...  How else are they going to fund their beuracracy (sic)?
Have Balloons, Will Travel.

Forastero

• It's like butter
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2007, 10:23:35 pm »

Well, as a Heathen, I welcome you with warm arms! Live and let live is both mine and many free stater's philosophy and way of life. Muslim, christian, buddhist, baha'i, whatever.
Yeah, freedom baby, I love it!

daveneu

• You have no idea! But I do...
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2007, 08:45:56 pm »

People are people but for the record - CAIR can take a HIKE!

The Loving Dave

(Now only a liberty loving person would say that!)
Dave N.
The world of me in an easy-to-take capsule

daveneu

• You have no idea! But I do...
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2007, 05:48:24 am »

randy762ak,

Thanks!

Ahhh - another lover of free speech

Questionie Dave
Dave N.
The world of me in an easy-to-take capsule

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2007, 12:24:33 am »

I would guess that this forum is more muslim-friendly than the average forum in america.

The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

TEBON

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2008, 12:13:51 pm »

I don't have a problem with muslims whatsoever. . . so add that to your tally of who's anti-muslim and who's pro-muslim.

Personally, I think a lot of us agree, that it could be a martian living next door, and I'd be happy to have them as my neighbor. . . that is unless they were trying to get welfare or voting to raise my taxes.   In fact, I might wander over there to see if I can barter for some cool lazers guns and stuff. 

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2008, 05:36:28 pm »

randy762ak,

Thanks!

All I see is someone asking someone else to take a hike, and leave the forum.

Y’know, like you just did.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2008, 06:56:14 pm »

randy762ak,

Thanks!

All I see is someone asking someone else to take a hike, and leave the forum.

Y’know, like you just did.
Beat me to it J.
 :)

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2008, 07:11:44 pm »

Hey, it's cool.  Anyone advocating freedom is good.  Heck, even potential liberty advocates are cool.

I have taken ships out to the middle east, and the people there are actually some of the coolest people anywhere.  All of the media stereotypes are bs.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up