Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Free State Project = The Matrix  (Read 7917 times)

BobW

• I'm a llama!
Re:The Free State Project = The Matrix
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2003, 01:40:23 am »

Hi Darth,

Your post's philosophy was actually exercised after the French Revolution.

One group realized it didn't work.

Over 51% of a population believe you personally have acquired too much wealth.  The implications are important.

BobW  

Radar

• Constitutional Scholar
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2003, 07:22:06 pm »

I'm with Darth on this.  The looters must hit rock bottom before they finally learn and open their minds.  Then and only then will they realize their folly.  Sadly it will mean blood will be spilled.  I've long felt that America would be headed toward a second American revolution if the government didn't wise up.  I think the FSP is our last chance to handle things peacefully.  I hope it will work.
Work like you don't need the money.
Love like you've never been hurt.
Dance like nobody's watching.

--Satchel Paige

Oh yea, and New Hampshire Sucks!  It's the worst choice for a free state because it offers us the worst chance for success.  - Me

Penfist

• FSP Participant
  • Work together to build something that lasts.
    • Penfist
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2003, 07:31:41 pm »

Blood has already been spilled. Just ask the family member of any person who was killed in a drug bust gone sour.

Heck, ask Carl Drega, if you can contact the dead. Or any number of other Americans who have been euthanized because they dared defy government.

On the other hand, I don't think armed revolution is the answer to any of our various problems and complaints. Looters, mobs, and crowds suffer from a decline in IQ, and that can be used against "the looters" to great effect. If politicians can convince half the population that society will continue to function indefinitely under pyramid schemes such as Social Security, well the FSP should be able to convince them of just the opposite, since the truth is easier to support than a lie.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.
--Thomas Jefferson

Reaper

• FSP Participant
  • Atheism cures religious terrorism!
    • The Reaper's Den
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2003, 03:51:45 pm »

Morpheous says, ""The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inert, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it."

Kinda creepy, eh?

Could, as easily, be talking about walking around in the newly chosen Free State looking at the people around you.
Reaper
Proud member of the FSP's lunatic fringe!

"If we turn from battle because there is little hope of victory, where then would valor be?  Let it ever be the goal that stirs us, not the odds."

LibertyLover

• FSP Participant
    • Libertopia 2010
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2003, 06:53:59 pm »

If politicians can convince half the population that society will continue to function indefinitely under pyramid schemes such as Social Security, well the FSP should be able to convince them of just the opposite, since the truth is easier to support than a lie.

I had the great pleasure of attending a speech by Jose Pinero, the man who, almost single-handedly, freed the people of Chile from Social Security over twenty years ago. During the Q&A, Nathaniel Brandon rose to honor him. Dr. Pinero is the most gentle and unassuming man, and listening to him describe how he did "the impossible" was inspiring. One thing he said was that he would talk to anybody with his very simple message (never over 3 minutes long) about privatizing Society Security, even if he could only hope to move them the tiniest bit toward his point of view. He got a good laugh when he said he would even talk to Hillary Clinton.

With the incredible success of the privatization of SS in a politically repressive nation like Chile, we have proof to back up our argument for privatization here. We just have to follow Dr. Pinero's lead in freeing the minds of the people willing to listen to us for 3 minutes.
Libertopia 2010 -- a festival of freedom, community & art for sovereign individuals
http://www.libertopia.org

LeRuineur6

• FSP Participant
  • Act decisively. Without reserve!
    • Liberty Scholarship Fund
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2003, 02:23:09 pm »

Neo (The One): I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid. You're afraid of us. You're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin.

I'm going to hang up this phone and then I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries, a world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.
Please donate $5 to $10 per month to the Liberty Scholarship Fund!
"Noncooperation is intended to pave the way to real, honorable, and voluntary cooperation based on mutual respect and trust." -Gandhi

RidleyReport

• FSP Participant
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2003, 03:38:19 pm »

Darth wrote:

<< Our only hope is the complete destruction of society. >>

Darth although I'd probably rather have you for a neighbor than a statist, I'm not with you on this part.   You're essensially saying we need to see the patient die in order to have a successful operation.  

The FSP is supposed to be our last, best hope to *prevent* the need for Darth's scenario, not to help make it happen.
http://RidleyReport.com
http://NHexit.com - If Britain can do it, New Hampshire can do it

LibertyLover

• FSP Participant
    • Libertopia 2010
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2003, 10:05:50 pm »

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/rothbard29.html

In 1552, Etienne de la Boitie wrote that the greatest mystery of government was civil obedience, why masses of people would obey their rulers, no matter how tyrannical. When all they had to do to be free was to stop obeying. He believed that it was sheer force of habit, that all people needed in order to be free was to realize that they were ruled by their own consent and to decide to stop giving that consent.

Ayn Rand called it the sanction of the victim in "Atlas Shrugged."

Neo said that people only needed to see the world as it really was, a world without rules and controls, a world where anything was possible.

Etienne de la Boitie was only the first of many writers to say that freedom never totally dies. There are always a few educated people who can see what is happening. They have to show the masses what is possible, show them how to stop giving their consent.

We are those people who see the tyranny and know what has to be done. We can work through the political process to abolish unjust laws, but most important we can refuse to accept them, even refuse to obey them. We don't have to fight. We don't have to be martyrs. We just have to show those who are willing to see that freedom is possible.
Libertopia 2010 -- a festival of freedom, community & art for sovereign individuals
http://www.libertopia.org
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up