Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which U-Haul in Nashua to use  (Read 2441 times)

TomAlciere

Which U-Haul in Nashua to use
« on: October 11, 2007, 09:41:06 am »

The U-Haul in south Nashua (Hillsborough County) on Daniel Webster Highway sucks. They offer vans for rent for part of the day "because another customer needs it" at the full one-day rate. Take it or leave it.  Use the one on East Hollis Street, opposite Budget dent-a-car. I used them this past weekend and the service was good. The move was slower than expected and they were happy to let me keep it extra days because they're making the daily rate. The final charge was what the regular prices reflected: Daily rate, CDW and mileage, no penalty for not bringing it back on time (just the regular charges for the extra days). NOTE: Of course, I stopped in from time to time to tell them.

Tom Alciere
Hudson, Hillsborough County, New Hampshire

catmarch

Re: Which U-Haul in Nashua to use
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 02:44:38 pm »

Thanks for the heads-up!

cinefoto

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 04:38:16 am »

Avoid U-Haul like the plague!   Deferred maintenance is the company creed.   Horror stories abound.  September in Columbus, Ohio:  two simultaneous "lack of maintenance" incidents on the same vehicle left a couple stranded half a day on US 23.   Relentless engine knock, sluggish brakes. Engine died with a bang.   It took U-Haul 6 hours to get another truck out to the standed couple.  Imagine transferring the contents of a three bedroom home from one truck to another on the shoulder of an 8 lane interstate!  The U-Haul employee just sat there.  He was waiting to call the wrecker to pick up the disabled piece of junk. 

Google this:  U Haul horror.  Then do the smart thing.  Call another truck rental company. 

cathleeninnh

• FSP Treasurer
  • FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 09:33:02 am »

Ditto. Anybody but. Many of us here in NH have had very bad experiences with U-haul.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 08:52:53 pm »

they suck in CA as well.  I had a reservation when moving from LA to SF... no trucks for me that day.  thanks UHAUL!

I will never use them again.

cathleeninnh

• FSP Treasurer
  • FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2007, 08:10:29 pm »

Shame on you for thinking a reservation meant a truck!

Cathleen
Pages: [1]   Go Up