Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Lauren Canario snatched by Milford PD  (Read 57519 times)

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
Re: Lauren Canario snatched by Milford PD
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2007, 09:54:28 am »

Yes I understand the whole disobedience thing. But I don't understand how it helps.
With fines, jail time, and lawyer fees, not to mention giving the JBT's exactly what they want ( a reason to arrest you) ( a notch in their belts).
I just think it is better to not give them a case against you. Meanwhile continue to mock and undermine them and continue to work on changing this state.
Again, it is just my humble opinion.

I don’t think any of the civdis guys pay their fines, nor do they hire lawyers.

Denis Goddard

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Free the Mallocs!
    • Free State Blogs
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2007, 10:19:35 am »

Yes I understand the whole disobedience thing. But I don't understand how it helps.
I understand how it helps, I just think it's not the most effective means.
I think that the silent majority of Free-Staters agree with me on that point.

On the other hand, those who favor Civ Dis say exactly the opposite: they understand working "within the system", but that they think it's not as effective, and that the majority of Free-Staters agree with them.

"Which is better, Civ Dis or Politics?" has been argued so many times, it ain't worth discussing any more.
All I can say is: get here and get active. I don't care how.

politicalGRAFFITI

• New Hampshire Underground Forum
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2007, 08:46:00 pm »

RangerProbst

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2007, 09:28:06 pm »

The only down side I see here is with the impounding of the car.  Either the fees get paid, or the car is auctioned (I may be wrong, but that's how it usually works).  So, either way the thugs are gonna make some money here.

The good old PD here in CA towed my truck because the tranny went out and I had it parked on the street for a week while I searched for a tranny I could buy online. I never paid the fees to get the car out of impound because the whole thing was completely ridiculous to me. When the tow company started sending me bills, I told them to kiss my ass and get the money from the PD since they are the ones that asked them to tow my car. I didn't ask for the "service" so I'm not paying for it. It doesn't do my credit any good though.

We can keep them from making money by driving $500 dollar beaters. They'll never turn a profit that way because they won't be able to auction them to cover their costs.
"The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations." - Thomas Jefferson

FTL_Ian

• FSP Participant/First 1000
  • Golden Porcupine
  • Former FSP, still in NH.
    • Free Keene - NH's Liberty Activism Destination
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2007, 09:28:50 pm »

Video of the protest at Milford District Court:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZW9yE0RYBY
150+ Reasons to Move to Keene : http://move.FreeKeene.com

Join the *other* liberty activism forum in NH: http://forum.shiresociety.com

LibertyforLife

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2007, 10:27:29 am »

The only down side I see here is with the impounding of the car.  Either the fees get paid, or the car is auctioned (I may be wrong, but that's how it usually works).  So, either way the thugs are gonna make some money here.

The good old PD here in CA towed my truck because the tranny went out and I had it parked on the street for a week while I searched for a tranny I could buy online. I never paid the fees to get the car out of impound because the whole thing was completely ridiculous to me. When the tow company started sending me bills, I told them to kiss my ass and get the money from the PD since they are the ones that asked them to tow my car. I didn't ask for the "service" so I'm not paying for it. It doesn't do my credit any good though.

We can keep them from making money by driving $500 dollar beaters. They'll never turn a profit that way because they won't be able to auction them to cover their costs.

That would be an awesome, albeit expensive and perhaps not as effective, civdis idea. Buy some junkers, even if we have to tow them to a place to be towed away. Don't spend $500, spend less and have it towed to a location and push it into the way of traffic or something.
Live free or die!

Keyser Soce

• FSP Participant
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2007, 01:12:05 am »

You'd be surprised how much freedom a crappy car not registered in your name can bring.
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." -- Mark Twain

RidleyReport

• FSP Participant
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2007, 08:14:32 am »

The superintendent listed at Hillsborough Co. Dept. of Corrections is

James Omera

finally got around to calling him a second time and left this message to be delivered ver batem:

"Your detainee, Lauren Canario:  Who has she harmed?  Who has she threatened?"
(then my name and number)

you can reach his office at
603-627-5620
http://RidleyReport.com
http://NHexit.com - If Britain can do it, New Hampshire can do it

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2007, 09:01:54 am »

bonfire night outside Lauren's jail ... v-masks, candles, or torches encouraged
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

RangerProbst

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2007, 10:33:37 pm »

I have to say that although I do agree that it's ridiculous that we are required to have our papers with us at all times, I also think it doesn't hurt to explain to the police why you don't have your papers.

In the video, Lauren says that she does not have a license or registration on her but then doesn't even try to explain why. It's true that she has the right to remain silent. In the current, messed up world we live in, that is for sure a one way ticket to jail.

Is that the idea? Does she want to be sent to jail? Sure, she is being arrested for a crime in which there are no victims and I'm against that just at much as everyone else here but still, is going to jail the best way to change how things are? I do agree with non-compliance but I don't see why you should try to get yourself arrested.

I think it makes more sense to not comply, explain why you are not complying, get officer feedback (on video), and then go to jail if they still decide to arrest you. If an officer DID decide to let you go, you have that on video as well. Does this make more sense to anyone else? What do you all think?
"The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations." - Thomas Jefferson

FTL_Ian

• FSP Participant/First 1000
  • Golden Porcupine
  • Former FSP, still in NH.
    • Free Keene - NH's Liberty Activism Destination
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2007, 10:36:02 pm »

Yes, I think you should give it a try!   8)
150+ Reasons to Move to Keene : http://move.FreeKeene.com

Join the *other* liberty activism forum in NH: http://forum.shiresociety.com

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2007, 08:32:12 am »

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071025/NEWS01/310250118/-1/news

"Free Staters believe they should not have to pay taxes, register their cars or apply for driver's licenses."

:-\

I guess I'm not a Free Stater, because I believe I should have to register my car and apply for a driver's license if I want to drive on a public road. Hopefully they'll print a letter of response from Varrin or Irena clarifying that not all Free Staters believe such things.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2007, 10:43:37 am »

Its one of the problems the FSP will get used to. Instead of going to the source for the most precise information, the media around here is extremely sloppy. They do limited follow up on any facts, and are more in a rush to meet the printing deadline.

error

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Department of Homeland Stupidity
    • U.S. Department of Homeland Stupidity
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2007, 07:29:56 pm »

I'm always quite careful what I say to the press, but at the same time I'm starting to develop some good working relationships with members of the local press around here. Hopefully this strategy will pay off in the future.

In the meantime, if you need a press secretary, let me know...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 14   Go Up

anything