Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can black people come too? (Please read and advise!)  (Read 22036 times)

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
Re: Can black people come too? (Please read and advise!)
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2007, 12:34:36 pm »

Yeah, but I'm "passing", and I'm used to living among foreigners who think any American is a space alien. ;) Of course, being passing I hear what whites really think, and I haven't heard any anti-black talk (Mexican immigrants are another story, but the whole US has gone insane on that topic). A good friend of mine who is black lives in New Hampshire. He loves it.
passing?
some people are nuts about mexicans taking over here .... not quite as bad as California ... but still silly
I did see one hispanic yesterday in Keene ... soon they will be up to 1% ;D
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

KBCraig

• FSP Participant
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2007, 10:54:04 pm »

Hey, one of our Board members is mixed-race!
Yeah, but I'm "passing",

Heh. I remember a discussion several years back, where someone asked, "Isn't Steve black?"

The general response went: A) "I dunno. Never asked him."; B) "I guess he could be."; C) "But who cares?"

KBCraig

• FSP Participant
« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2007, 10:55:10 pm »

I did see one hispanic yesterday in Keene ... soon they will be up to 1% ;D

We need to work on that, so real Coca-Cola (made with cane sugar) will be available in NH. Or is Canadian Coke made with sugar?

lloydbob1

« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2007, 07:04:31 am »

I Think the Kosher folks use the real sugar Coke during some holidays.  There is a Kosher market in CT, where   I have looked for the sugar Coke for Error since he first asked about it, but, I haven't found it yet.

error

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Department of Homeland Stupidity
    • U.S. Department of Homeland Stupidity
« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2007, 05:53:07 pm »

I Think the Kosher folks use the real sugar Coke during some holidays.  There is a Kosher market in CT, where   I have looked for the sugar Coke for Error since he first asked about it, but, I haven't found it yet.

Look during the spring for the yellow caps on the 2-liter bottles.

GregH

« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2007, 09:08:28 pm »

I know of a grocery chain which is oriented towards organic and other high-quality foods.  Appropriately-enough called "Whole Foods", their store-brand cola is made with cane sugar.  It's not exactly like Coke, but still pretty good.
I looked, there are no stores in NH, but there are many in MA and one in Portland, ME.
http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/index.html

Ward Griffiths

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Canvas and Quicklime
« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2007, 09:45:45 pm »

I know of a grocery chain which is oriented towards organic and other high-quality foods.  Appropriately-enough called "Whole Foods", their store-brand cola is made with cane sugar.  It's not exactly like Coke, but still pretty good.
I looked, there are no stores in NH, but there are many in MA and one in Portland, ME.
http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/index.html

Whole Foods' cola has cane sugar instead of corn syrup, but it lacks caffeine.  That is a key factor in my only trying it once.  But it is one of the few places I can find my preferred varieties of tea, Celestial Seasonings Morning Thunder and Twinings Lapsang Souchong.  They are planning to open a store in Nashua.  http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/newstores.html#nh
--
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd@comcast.net

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  (Denis Diderot)

Porcupine Realtor

• FSP Participant
  • Arrived in NH on 9/03/07!
    • Mark Warden - Porcupine Real Estate
« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2007, 10:18:29 pm »

Come on up here, Erika, and drag your husband with you.  You'll love it.

BTW, I love how a discussion on race relations morphed into one about organic food stores!  That just shows how little we care about race around here.  We care about freedom . . . and healthful food.

There is a very nice store in Manchester called A-Market.  I think the A stands for Alternative, although I'm not sure.  It's like a mini-Whole Foods Market.  It's just as expensive (probably a bit more so), but it has all the organic foods and hard-to-find brands that you'll find in WF and Wild Oats.  It's great.  They have things like Kombucha, live cultures, organic foods, hemp-based products, sprouted grains, gluten-free breads and spelt, free-range chicken eggs, Veganese, etc.  It's located on South Willow Street.  And they have plenty of kosher and GMO-free and cane sugar-laced products.
www.PorcupineRealEstate.com
Mover #491
Allison James Estates & Homes
163 Amherst St Nashua NH 03064

GregH

« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2007, 05:19:07 pm »

Come on up here, Erika, and drag your husband with you.  You'll love it.

BTW, I love how a discussion on race relations morphed into one about organic food stores!  That just shows how little we care about race around here.  We care about freedom . . . and healthful food.

There is a very nice store in Manchester called A-Market.  I think the A stands for Alternative, although I'm not sure.  It's like a mini-Whole Foods Market.  It's just as expensive (probably a bit more so), but it has all the organic foods and hard-to-find brands that you'll find in WF and Wild Oats.  It's great.  They have things like Kombucha, live cultures, organic foods, hemp-based products, sprouted grains, gluten-free breads and spelt, free-range chicken eggs, Veganese, etc.  It's located on South Willow Street.  And they have plenty of kosher and GMO-free and cane sugar-laced products.

Wow, being more expensive than Whole Foods is no small achievement (in my social circle it's known as "Whole Check") but I'm glad to hear there's something like that in Manchester.  And glad that there will be at least one WF in NH.

And as far as race goes, I can only speak for myself but I am interested in a person's beliefs, attitudes and behaviors, not how much melanin they have.

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2007, 08:06:45 pm »

I have been a resident of Manchester, and there is a lot more racial diversity here than other parts of the state.  In fact, the Merrimack Valley area (Manchester, Nashua, Goffstown, etc) is both the job capitol of NH and very cool with people in general.  There are tons of art stores, colleges, music stores, and bars around Manchester, and the city is very cosmopolitan.  If you find work is Mass, living in Manchvegas adds about 15 minutes to your commute versus Nashua.

Still, there are far more freestaters living in Manchester (probably half live within a 15 minute drive of the city) than any other part of the Live Free or Die state.  New England is not quite as tolerant as the west coast.  There are a few segregationists in this city, but they are not a hateful crowd.  That's not the New Hampshire Way.

--Max
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

mrsdevlugt

• One day trip 10 hours to meet Ron Paul @ PA Rally
    • NJ Mother for Ron Paul 2008
« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2007, 08:16:37 pm »

I sure hope so!

ny2nh

« Reply #71 on: December 30, 2007, 12:18:20 am »

Since I am white, I may not notice any prejudices as easy as a black person might.....but I would have to say that generally there isn't a racism problem here. I could care less if you are black or white, as long as you're a good neighbor - it really doesn't matter to me in the least. I actually think I saw more race problems when I lived in NY state where there was a much more diverse population than here in NH where statistically we are pretty much "white".

Good luck finishing your degree!!

MTPorcupine3

• Sovereign Solutions: Free State Project
« Reply #72 on: January 19, 2008, 09:32:51 pm »

What, you haven't moved yet? I just checked in after a few months away from the forum....and you're still having this discussion! What are you waiting for? If you're libertarian, you're welcome. Period.

NHArticleTen

• FSP Participant
  • Join The Ron Paul Write-In Revolution Today!
    • Adventures In Legal Land
« Reply #73 on: January 20, 2008, 06:40:32 am »

If you are a student/practitioner/advocate of the Non-Aggression Principle and the Golden Rule...

None of the "rest" of "it" matters to me...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up

anything