Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Signup  (Read 2787 times)

MikeLindgren

New Signup
« on: January 16, 2008, 09:41:43 pm »

After several days of distracting contemplation, I have signed up for the FSP. I will sacrifice just about anything in my life for this.

As of current, I have been trying my damndest to find an employer in N.H. willing to acknowledge my willingness to fly in at personal expense for a job interview in my field, Land Surveying.

I would gladly be in the "Next 1000" if I knew that I could procure some sort of employment in my career path. I can't believe that N.H. doesn't need Land Surveyors, considering every other state is currently facing a deficit in said field...

If I could obtain a job offer tomorrow, I would be in N.H. next week...

This FSP is one of the most beautiful things I have seen in my entire life, and I have been moved to almost tears, reading many of the things I have on this forum. I believe that the majority of the people on here are honest, sincere, and unlike the majority of folks I've met in my 27 years on this earth, upstanding people who have a sense of integrity.

I don't believe N.H. is a utopia, but I believe the population of deceitful snakes is far lower than any other state in the nation, and if the people here are any indication, it is Freedom's last chance.

I believe that no other place on planet earth is more in touch with the principles of the Founding Fathers, than the FSP.

Commendations to everyone who voted for N.H. as the location to be home to the FSP.

Please inform me of any events in 2008, whether I am currently residing in N.H. or not, in which I should attend. If I can't permanently be in N.H. I would at least like to attempt to build a foundation and network with those who embrace freedom, liberty, and TRUE patriotism.

Many of you have been gleaming examples of a level of stoicism, patriotism, and decency of a calibre unmatched. My sincerest commendments for being a beacon of light in an otherwise darkened world.

And despite the cliche that "talk is cheap", much of what I have read here has been both insightful and inspirational. My sincerest gratitude for being motivational, and pivotal in bringing someone who was completely in the dark about this project, into being a full-fledged believer, supporter, and someone willing to "throw it all away" in the name of "Freedom".

Thank you ALL!

Sincerely,
Michael Lindgren
Atlanta, Georgia
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 09:58:40 pm by MikeLindgren »

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
Re: New Signup
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 10:22:19 pm »

Please inform me of any events in 2008,

WELCOME

You should come to Porcfest:
www.porcfest.com

MikeLindgren

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 10:29:48 pm »

I do believe you have piqued my interest!

Porcfest should be a rollicking good time. I will request time off for at least some of Porcfest, and try and bring some friends/family with me.

Best wishes,
Mike

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 10:34:31 pm »

You can signup at pledgebank.com/Next1000 as long as you intend to make the move by September 2011.  One of the challenges we found with the First 1,000 was that people wanted to sign, but weren't yet 100% sure if they could make it.  Who is?

For jobs here:
jobsinnh.com
craigslist.com
and network with folks here.  Make sure that you mention any job that you're qualified for and willing to do.  A lot of people in NH like being indepent, so many of these activities are handled like an independent contractor or business owner.  There's no reason that you can't go into business for yourself, is there?

I would recommend taking your time with the move.  Put as much as you can into savings first, then start coming up during your vacations to actually see the state and get a good idea of where you would like to live and what kind of business you want to start.  It's generally best to build up multiple sources of income.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 10:36:15 pm »

While you're up here, try and get to some of the other porcupine meetings, like Merrimack Valley Porcupines, Seacoast Porcupines, maybe even Burning Porcupine.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2008, 11:09:26 pm »

Mike, it's great to hear that others on this forum have been an inspiration.  For me, like you, the thing I look forward most besides living freer is being around responsible freedom-loving people
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

CA_Libertarian

• FSP Member 2007
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2008, 11:46:57 pm »

...I will sacrifice just about anything in my life for this. ...

How about risking a short-term hit to your standard of living?

I've found that most employers don't even bother giving a response to my out-of-state apps.  I've heard from numerous people that you need a NH return address and the ability to meet face to face if you want to be considered for a job.

Don't assume that the lack of interest is a lack of demand for your skills.  It's simply that most employers won't take you seriously.

My solution: I'm going to move before I have a job in hand.  I started my first 'real' job on Monday this week.  It doesn't pay exceptionally, but the potential for promotion is phenomenal.  I'm giving it up to move to NH.  I figure I can live off minimum wage when I first arrive to NH, if I have to.
www.pledgebank.com/Next1000

The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it NOW deserves the love and thanks of man and woman.
~Thomas Paine (1737–1809)

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2008, 12:09:46 am »

That depends on if you want the master bedroom or will take a room upstairs, wink wink.

You're right, though, about some companies giving out of staters the cold shoulder.  It could be worth it just to spend a month up here getting acquainted with the state and meeting with employers.

CA_Libertarian

• FSP Member 2007
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2008, 12:14:24 am »

That depends on if you want the master bedroom or will take a room upstairs, wink wink.

That's why I'm bringing along my wife!  She knows how to work.
www.pledgebank.com/Next1000

The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it NOW deserves the love and thanks of man and woman.
~Thomas Paine (1737–1809)

error

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Department of Homeland Stupidity
    • U.S. Department of Homeland Stupidity
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2008, 01:53:57 pm »

While you're up here, try and get to some of the other porcupine meetings, like Merrimack Valley Porcupines, Seacoast Porcupines, maybe even Burning Porcupine.

Or the unofficial meetings where things really happen, like Taproom Tuesday.

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2008, 04:49:10 pm »

You're welcome to crash at my place (month by month for a room, or $12 a night to crash in the basement), and there are others at porcmanor.com

Summer's a good time to come up and take your vacation time and look for work in person.  Some of us are even looking at fsp businesses to start up, so maybe a few people can get together and start a land surveyor biz.
Pages: [1]   Go Up