Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What town in NH should I move to?  (Read 5164 times)

mrsdevlugt

• One day trip 10 hours to meet Ron Paul @ PA Rally
    • NJ Mother for Ron Paul 2008
Re: What town in NH should I move to?
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2007, 08:16:12 pm »

I plan to move in Jan and I was told some of the best places are Manchester and Concord areas. I plan to go with a meetup next month I will tell you what I think.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2007, 06:59:07 pm »

I plan to move in Jan and I was told some of the best places are Manchester and Concord areas. I plan to go with a meetup next month I will tell you what I think.
You can come up and work on Ron Paul stuff and meet many of us and check out the area all at once if you want.
We may even have a place for you to stay for free (check out www.operationlivefreeordie.com) for the weekend.

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2007, 08:27:42 pm »

Just at the moment, there are aboot 15 newly finished homes in Epping that are just sitting around waiting for a buyer.  Epping is only 20 minutes from Manchvegas by 101, and offers good access to the Seacoast.  Unfortunately, it benefits little from the ocean effect in the winter.

There are also some great deals (aboot 20% off) for houses on the coast, especially Seabrook, which is right on the border with Mass, and would otherwise be impossible to get into.  There are tons of jobs in that part of Mass, which keeps much of the coast economy going.  Seabrook keeps everything open in winter because there are so many shoppers coming up to avoid the sales tax.  SB also has the lowest property taxes and the lowest overall burden on the coast, along with fairly libertarian zoning and housing restrictions.  Permits are comparatively cheap.

You should consider getting a house on the inland side of 1 (the main highway) to avoid traffic there in the summer, and to keep down the cost of the land... if you are considering the coast.  Perhaps the best thing to do now, is take advantage of the cheap rent on the seacoast (even next to the beach) and just tour the state getting a feel for things.  Apartments and rooms can be had month to month and you can stay almost anywhere until the end of April, went demand starts to kick up.

If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2007, 01:54:33 pm »

There are numerous towns attracting porc's.  If you want to move somewhere where there are a lot of porc's already, many are spread around the Seacoast.  I am looking at homes in Seabrook, right now. The obvious benefit to the seacoast region (esp Seabrook) is that the winter lows are 5-10 degrees higher than the Merrimack Valley (area surrounding Manch).

Manchester has attracted the largest numbers because of the availability of housing and jobs, and because so many have already settled there.  Manchester is definitely the center of political activism at the moment, though that activism is not being focused as much at the aldermanic and school board campaigns.

This is where the real action is, and where you can have the greatest impact.  Dover and Keene have absorbed quite a few people, and I think there may be a few others.  It depends on what you want to accomplish.  If state politics is your think, you may want to look at something near Concord.  Deerfield and Manchester are close and both offer lots of available housing.

I would recommend renting a place for a couple of months, then driving around NH to see what you like.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up