Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will be in Keene area scouting 1/4 to 1/7  (Read 2272 times)

jhall11068

Will be in Keene area scouting 1/4 to 1/7
« on: December 16, 2007, 03:16:09 pm »

Hey everybody, The decision has been made. I'm moving from Syracuse by early February and will be concentrating efforts in Keene and surrounding area. I'm a 51 single{straight} old hippie with a Springer Spaniel that plans on coming to the free state in hopes of working in one of the car dealerships in the area as a parts guy. I hope to find a place to rent in a house outside of the city where I don't have to chain my dog and just enjoy the country life when not working. I love golf and fishing and enjoying life outdoors. I was hoping to connect with some folks when I get into town that might be able to give me a few pointers. New York has finally become too much to bear both financially and in personal freedoms. There is a fee or tax for everything you can think of. I sure would like to keep some of my paycheck someday. Any help appreciated.   Thanks, Jeff

FTL_Ian

• FSP Participant/First 1000
  • Golden Porcupine
  • Former FSP, still in NH.
    • Free Keene - NH's Liberty Activism Destination
Re: Will be in Keene area scouting 1/4 to 1/7
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 08:47:16 pm »

Excellent! A bunch of us will be at Social Sundays: http://newhampshireunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=11661.0
150+ Reasons to Move to Keene : http://move.FreeKeene.com

Join the *other* liberty activism forum in NH: http://forum.shiresociety.com

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 09:37:09 pm »

and many of us will be at the Liberty Forum:

www.freestateproject.org/libertyforum

Welcome to NH.. we can't wait until you are here.

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 10:01:36 pm »

Welcome home. ;D

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 12:25:50 am »

Welcome, Jeff!  Have you signed the pledge and everything?
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

jhall11068

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2007, 08:47:57 am »

Thanks everybody !!! I will double check whether I signed or not but I now feel much more comfortable about the move. I have lived here outside Syracuse my whole life so this is huge for me and I'm both nervous and exited at the same time. When I move{and I'm sure I will} I will be loading as much as I can in my car and going. It looks like I won't be wandering aimlessly around Keene when I visit next month. I guess the first thing is to find an affordable hotel to stay at for 2 nites and then go to the meeting and get as much input as I can. Thank you everyone, I look foreward to meeting all of you!   Thanks again,  Jeff

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2007, 02:06:16 pm »

Hotel?  Crash with a porc, and give them the money.

Porcors are packing into houses like rats joining a ship in port.  Join the crowd, more the merrier.

Also, don't forget to check out the seacoast region.  The area is absolutely gorgeous, and the winters are much milder than inland.  I have purchased a house in Seabrook, which has the lowest tax burden in the coastal area, and also the highest winter temps.  It's right on the border with Mass, making for an easier commute than other parts of the state can offer.  I've been pushing for Seabrook as a smaller free town project because of the people there, the sheer quantity of Ron Paul signs, the small population (less than 7,000), relatively lax zoning rules, and Grafton-level tax rates.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 01:14:25 pm by maxxoccupancy »
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."
Pages: [1]   Go Up