Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who is a youth?  (Read 6392 times)

Matthew

• FSP Participant
Who is a youth?
« on: August 06, 2002, 01:57:39 am »

Just wondering, what type of youth is this board intended for?  Any one below 18 (the age were everyone automatically becomse intelegent, legally. Well it would actually be 21.  Well actually, acording to the "Leader" we never are intellegent unless we are a politician. ) or for certain groups like 8-14 or 16-21.

Just curious ;D
"And if Donald Trump delivered the mail, you could send letters for 12 cents, and also gamble with the stamps." Howard Stern

Mega Joule

Re:Who is a youth?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2002, 03:04:32 am »

Just wondering, what type of youth is this board intended for?  Any one below 18 (the age were everyone automatically becomse intelegent, legally. Well it would actually be 21.  Well actually, acording to the "Leader" we never are intellegent unless we are a politician. ) or for certain groups like 8-14 or 16-21.

Just curious ;D

We had in mind a gentle discussion area for the children of FSP members and other young people.  We felt that it would be beneficial to FSP kids to have a place were they can express themselves, their ideas, concerns, etc.  This is a place were kids and adolescents can talk about the issues that concern them like having to move away from friends and schools, educational issues, etc.

It is also our hope that this can be a learning environment for kids to learn about libertarianism and issues regarding freedom in the free state.  Adults are encouraged to respond to the kids’ inquiries but, we ask that patience, gentleness, and appropriateness be applied in those responses.

Older youth are welcome (there is no set age limit), just please remember some of the participants on this board may be younger, less experienced, and less sophisticated in their writing ability.  

Mega Joule  
"One essential of a free government is that it rest wholly on voluntary support.  And one certain proof that a goverment is not free, is that it coerces more or less persons to support it, against their will."  (Lysander Spooner, 1867)

foadi

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2002, 01:19:14 pm »

I am sixteen years old, but am not involved with the FSP...
The two highest achievements of the human mind are the twin concepts of "loyalty" and "duty." Whenever these twin concepts fall into disrepute -- get out of there fast! You may possibly save yourself, but it is too late to save that society. It is doomed.

Mega Joule

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2002, 08:19:19 pm »

I am sixteen years old, but am not involved with the FSP...

That just fine.  You are completely welcome.  This is not just for FSP members and/or their kids but also for other youth that want to talk about issues of the FSP.  There are no requirements for this section, just be aware that some of the kids on this board are quite a bit younger, so keep it clean, keep it simple.  It is good for the younger kids to have an opportunity to learn from older kids and adults so I encourage you to post here and help get this board going.

Again, welcome.

Mega Joule
"One essential of a free government is that it rest wholly on voluntary support.  And one certain proof that a goverment is not free, is that it coerces more or less persons to support it, against their will."  (Lysander Spooner, 1867)

LeopardPM

• FSP Participant
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2003, 07:45:39 am »

Regina, since you are not a member(yet) of the FSP, what is it you find interesting here?  Are you currently researching different political views?  Interested in Libertarianism?  Just for fun?

I ask because I know I wish I had access to the internet when I was younger, and I am sure I would have found the FSP and become involved....

michael
nothing to say...

ZuG

• FSP Participant
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2003, 02:21:49 am »

Michael,

Now being 19 (20 later this year), I'm not sure that I truly count as a kid anymore (or perhaps I do), but I've been on the internet since I was 12.

Being an abnormal child, not interested in drinking or drugs or shunning school or other typical social activities, the internet was a lifesaver for me. I could talk to people who felt like I did, who had my intellectual capibilities, and more importantly, is willing to use them, talk politics, sex, religion, computers, culture, etc etc.

From the age of 13-17, I spent probably 8 hours a day, every single day online. Learning, reading, occasionally getting into trouble, but I have no doubt that I would not be the person I am today without the internet. I get paid now for all those computer skills (and typing speed, lol), I picked up from such extensive use with computers. It's my hobby and my lifeblood while I work my way through college.

To this day, some of my closest friends are people scattered across the world that I've met on my travels on the internet. I've known some of them for 6 years now, and we know each other better than most people in face to face friendships do (after all, what can you do on the internet but talk... about your life, your goals, your hopes, your fears, current events, politics, etc).

I hope that answers your question a bit. Mine is not the typical story, but I am surrounded by coworkers who are just like me, around my age, who grew up on computers and are now making a living from the skills they've learned. Moreover, we all have a bond because we have something in common that we all enjoy.

Erica
Before you post that comment, think. The people you are talking to will soon be your neighbors. Would you talk to your neighbor in the way you are talking to those on the forum?

LeopardPM

• FSP Participant
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2003, 09:12:52 am »

Erica,
I certainly can see how the internet has influenced your life/lifestyle and congratulations on your upcoming birthday!  The questions I was asking were more along the line of 'how did you get interested in politics, libertarianism, and the FSP in general?' - Although I have been of the libertarian mindset forever, it wasn't until my 20's that I discovered Libertarianism and really my 30's until I started to really think about and flesh out my thoughts on a broad range of political issues.
nothing to say...

Jaytina

• why is everyone automatically a llama?
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2003, 09:51:51 pm »

The questions I was asking were more along the line of 'how did you get interested in politics, libertarianism, and the FSP in general?' - Although I have been of the libertarian mindset forever, it wasn't until my 20's that I discovered Libertarianism and really my 30's until I started to really think about and flesh out my thoughts on a broad range of political issues.

I have been lucky enough to have parents who raised me in the best way possible, as an adult. It has resulted in responsibility, clearthinking, and maybe a little ego  :P  (But that might be because most of my peers are sorely lacking in these departments)
  My father has said:
     "You've got to treat your children as that which you want them to become. If you want them to become adults, you must treat them as one"
  It is eternal wisdom - no bias here either  ;)

Jtina

Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything