Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Should I Join?  (Read 3079 times)

dstock_76

• I'm a llama!
Should I Join?
« on: February 27, 2003, 02:35:30 pm »

Hello everyone,

I have been paying attention to this project since around October of last year.  I haven`t signed on because of uncertainty in what direction I wanted to go in my life.  I have been reading a lot in the forums, yahoo groups, and on the website.  At this point, from the information I have seen and from my own opinion, I believe any of the eastern states would be a poor choice and do not want to commit to them until I can learn more.  I live in Omaha, Nebraska and I really am sick of this place.  The local LP party is a joke and will never accomplish anything with their strategy and denials of reality.  The national LP isn`t any better.  I have totally lost any hope of them producing any tangible results in my lifetime.  Today marks another year added to my life and I feel like I am getting old and am losing patience in the way this country is going.  I truly would like to breathe as a free man someday.  So, I have gone back to school to obtain skills in an area that I believe will make it much easier to obtain a job in almost any state.  I will be finished with school in December of '04 and will be looking to move out of Nebraska ASAP!!!   I really wish 5000 members would be reached and the vote could take place.  The wait to see which state will be chosen is killing me!!!  My idea was to sign up and opt out of all the eastern states and encourage other like-minded individuals I know to do the same so the 5000 mark would be reached sooner.  Now, I would most likely move to any state chosen but do not want to commit to the eastern states just yet.  Would anyone have a problem with this?

-Dan

anarchicluv

• FSP Participant
  • Semper Liber
    • Strike The Root
Re:Should I Join?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2003, 06:05:42 pm »

Hello everyone,

I have been paying attention to this project since around October of last year.  I haven`t signed on because of uncertainty in what direction I wanted to go in my life.  I have been reading a lot in the forums, yahoo groups, and on the website.  At this point, from the information I have seen and from my own opinion, I believe any of the eastern states would be a poor choice and do not want to commit to them until I can learn more.  I live in Omaha, Nebraska and I really am sick of this place.  The local LP party is a joke and will never accomplish anything with their strategy and denials of reality.  The national LP isn`t any better.  I have totally lost any hope of them producing any tangible results in my lifetime.  Today marks another year added to my life and I feel like I am getting old and am losing patience in the way this country is going.  I truly would like to breathe as a free man someday.  So, I have gone back to school to obtain skills in an area that I believe will make it much easier to obtain a job in almost any state.  I will be finished with school in December of '04 and will be looking to move out of Nebraska ASAP!!!   I really wish 5000 members would be reached and the vote could take place.  The wait to see which state will be chosen is killing me!!!  My idea was to sign up and opt out of all the eastern states and encourage other like-minded individuals I know to do the same so the 5000 mark would be reached sooner.  Now, I would most likely move to any state chosen but do not want to commit to the eastern states just yet.  Would anyone have a problem with this?

-Dan

Of course not Dan!  In my opinion, there is no shame in opting out of any state you can't move to, or don't think would be a good prospect for the FSP.  

I have been following this project for a long time as well, but have yet to sign.  I too am concerned about which state is chosen.  But given my concern, I want to make sure I'm signed in before we hit 5,000-so my vote counts.  

I have been spending lots of study time on the state choice question.  I've decided that I truly feel the Western states are our only truly feasible options.  Of the Western states, I have decided that WY really is the best choice.  When I sign up, I will most likely opt out of all states but WY.  

I may still move to the FS if a different state is chosen, but I won't commit to it right now because I honestly feel WY is the best option for our success.

Jeremy
If a thousand men were not to pay their tax-bills this year, that would not be a violent and bloody measure, as it would be to pay them, and enable the State to commit violence and shed innocent blood.
~Henry David Thoreau

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2003, 06:38:39 pm »

Nope, there's no problem with that at all!  We even have a few people who've opted out of 9 out of 10 states.  You can always opt back into any state later.

P.S. Welcome to the forum. ;)
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

dstock_76

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2003, 11:48:24 pm »

Well, I joined!!!  Feels great to be a Porcupine :)

Now I need to convince family and friends to join!
Thanks for the responses!

Dan :) :) :)

ShrineGuard

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2003, 09:28:17 pm »

For those who do happen to have been opted out for those chosen state, will their numbers be taken away from the membership figure directly after the vote, or will there be a process in which they are contacted and asked if they are still opting out?

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2003, 08:40:48 am »

They will be removed after the vote, and then we'll send them a letter containing the revised Statement of Intent and listing all the great things about the state we've chosen and asking them to please sign up again. ;)
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism
Pages: [1]   Go Up