Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: signed "intent"  (Read 3557 times)

dmgov

signed "intent"
« on: August 11, 2007, 04:49:55 am »

Decided to "sign" the intent to move for the FSP.

Hoping to be there in march(ish)

See you all soon! :D

David
Las Vegas, nv
“I am not primarily an advocate of capitalism, but of egoism; and I am not primarily an advocate of egoism, but of reason. If one recognizes the supremacy of reason and applies it consistently, all the rest follows.”
--Ayn Rand

LibertyforLife

Re: signed "intent"
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 09:17:58 am »

Your electronic signature is legal as a hand written one. Remember Bush helped sign that into law, he did it electronically too(pretty sure it was Bush, might have been Clinton).

Anyhow, you have some time before you have to move, unless you are part of the 1st 1000, then not so much. Anyhow, Welcome!
Live free or die!

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 11:05:20 am »

David, it's great to have you on board!  Welcome to the revolution!  :)  There have been alot of people moving lately, so you'll be in good company.  PM me if you ever have any questions or need anything.

So why'd you finally decide to take the plunge?  :)
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 11:09:05 am »

Your electronic signature is legal as a hand written one. Remember Bush helped sign that into law, he did it electronically too(pretty sure it was Bush, might have been Clinton).

Anyhow, you have some time before you have to move, unless you are part of the 1st 1000, then not so much. Anyhow, Welcome!

For two main reasons, the SOI is not contractually binding...that is, you can't sue someone in court for signing and not showing up, so I'm not sure what you're saying here.  Also, it was Clinton who signed that into law.

The SOI relies on people's honor and good faith to keep their word...plus the fact that people who sign want to move anyway.
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

dmgov

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 01:41:48 am »

David, it's great to have you on board!  Welcome to the revolution!  :)  There have been alot of people moving lately, so you'll be in good company.  PM me if you ever have any questions or need anything.

So why'd you finally decide to take the plunge?  :)

We (being my GF and I) decided we wanted a change and FSP was the perfect place.

Dave's video on nhfree.com was a insperation to me and how to use your rights and to flex them.

I will be in manchester (area) flexing my right to carry. I hope to have the nerves of steel such as David had when he was confronted.

Never had a bigger smile on my face.

“I am not primarily an advocate of capitalism, but of egoism; and I am not primarily an advocate of egoism, but of reason. If one recognizes the supremacy of reason and applies it consistently, all the rest follows.”
--Ayn Rand

LibertyforLife

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 10:13:12 am »

For two main reasons, the SOI is not contractually binding...that is, you can't sue someone in court for signing and not showing up, so I'm not sure what you're saying here.  Also, it was Clinton who signed that into law.

The SOI relies on people's honor and good faith to keep their word...plus the fact that people who sign want to move anyway.

I wasn't saying much, just talking about nothing as usual.
Live free or die!

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007, 05:22:38 pm »

I will be in manchester (area) flexing my right to carry. I hope to have the nerves of steel such as David had when he was confronted.

I can tell you from personal experience that after open carrying for awhile, you'll know the law about guns in your state better than anyone.  You learn quick...out of necessity.

OpenCarry.com is a good place to talk to other OCers in NH (or wherever).

Is your GF going to be a liberty activist too or are you still working on that?  ;) (you can tell me it's none of my business if it is)

---

A little off-topic... I found a great quote by Jefferson regarding carrying weapons.  You often hear "if you want to have a gun, fine, but why carry it around?"

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball and others of that nature are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks."

If that doesn't work, there's always Sigmun Freud: "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity"

Keyser Soce

• FSP Participant
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2007, 07:01:22 pm »

I can tell you from personal experience that after open carrying for awhile, you'll know the law about guns in your state better than anyone.  You learn quick...out of necessity.

Is your GF going to be a liberty activist too or are you still working on that?  ;) (you can tell me it's none of my business if it is)

---

A little off-topic... I found a great quote by Jefferson regarding carrying weapons.  You often hear "if you want to have a gun, fine, but why carry it around?"

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball and others of that nature are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks."

If that doesn't work, there's always Sigmun Freud: "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity"

Great quotes. Also keep in mind that the gun he was carrying was a musket. State of the art and exactly what the military of the time used. Makes me want to give up my pistola and start waking around with a stoner rifle.
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." -- Mark Twain

dmgov

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2007, 09:50:06 pm »

---

She is a much bigger activist then I am.

In all honesty you will see her at more rallys and protests.. you will most likely see me in jail cells for civil disobedience.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 09:54:39 pm by dmgov »
--Ayn Rand

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2007, 10:10:02 pm »

In all honesty you will see her at more rallys and protests.. you will most likely see me in jail cells for civil disobedience.

Sounds like quite a team  ;D  You'll fit right in!  The forum at NHFree.com may interest you.

KBCraig

• FSP Participant
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2007, 03:26:01 am »

Welcome, David. You sound like good folks.  ;D

Kevin

dmgov

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2007, 06:51:31 pm »

Sounds like quite a team  ;D  You'll fit right in!  The forum at NHFree.com may interest you.

Thanks. :)

I think I have a username on there.  thanks!

we are very excited to be moving.
--Ayn Rand

dmgov

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2007, 06:52:24 pm »

Welcome, David. You sound like good folks.  ;D

Kevin

We both grew up in small towns in the midwest. so we have that small town mentality...Which I believe is a good thing to have.
--Ayn Rand
Pages: [1]   Go Up