Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Perpetual Tourist  (Read 2068 times)

edsmith

• I'm a llama!
Perpetual Tourist
« on: February 25, 2003, 12:34:46 am »

Hi:

I just signed up but I checked ALL of the states as places I wouldn't want to live. They are ALL to damn cold.

However I have no objection to being a resident of any of them for voting purposes so long as I can drag my RV to a warmer clime when the snow falls. I've done this before when I was a "resident" of Oregon while physically in SOCAL.

Any problems with this?

Edwin

anarchicluv

• FSP Participant
  • Semper Liber
    • Strike The Root
Re:Perpetual Tourist
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2003, 04:12:30 am »

Oh it is possible to get involved, just be very careful about the way you do it. Otherwise...

From watching politics in this town for over eighteen years and seeing how summer or seasonal or second home people are regarded when they start writing letters to the editor, making statements at county or city board meetings, etc....

That’s sage advice, Joe.  You're definitely welcome, but we need to tread lightly into the state.  I can see where the locals might develop animosity towards part-timers.

Jeremy
If a thousand men were not to pay their tax-bills this year, that would not be a violent and bloody measure, as it would be to pay them, and enable the State to commit violence and shed innocent blood.
~Henry David Thoreau

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re:Perpetual Tourist
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2003, 08:07:11 am »

Hi Ed--

What I'll do is put you down as a "Friend" rather than "Member."  That way we stay in touch, and you'll know when the state is chosen.  This is the normal procedure for those who sign up & opt out of all states.  Also, our FAQ addresses your situation in one section:
http://www.freestateproject.org/faqs.htm

Welcome!
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything