Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: I just signed up  (Read 5441 times)

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
Re: I just signed up
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2007, 07:44:11 pm »

There was once a concern that, once a large number of people had moved, the effort would fizzle out.  The FSP has a lot of problems, but there are more people moving in now.  Just as important, some of us have been recruiting people in the New York-New England area (I have had success with this), and I have also been able to identify potential activists within NH.  This kind of in-state recruiting has been overlooked, but I think that we have garnered more in state supporters than out of state movers.

Amongst the FSP's problems (like the trade unions) has been the tendency to mistreat junior members, to reject worthwhile ideas, and to discount the contributions of these members.  New members must be welcomed in, helped with housing and initial employment, and offered encouragement, rather than the disparaging remarks.  Our message to fellow members and potential supporters should be positive and optimistic.

--Max
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

FreeBoB

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2007, 08:54:58 pm »

Max,

If anything such as what you describe has happened, it has not come to my attention and I apologize if something like that happened to you. Volunteers come and go. Some are more courteous and diligent than others and some have let responsibilities slip. The various people who volunteer to operate the FSP do need help - all the time. The FSP is very transparent and easy to get involved with. Indeed, there seems to be almost no bureaucracy at all! A person can prove themselves to other volunteers by their actions and make significant individual contributions to the FSP goals. The door to contribute to the FSP is wide open. http://www.freestateproject.org/volunteer

Brian

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2007, 10:45:14 pm »

I just learned of 4 new movers all of whom have been in NH for at least 3 months... people are coming every day.

Max is right we are also meeting many natives that love Liberty and are happy that we are here.

error

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Department of Homeland Stupidity
    • U.S. Department of Homeland Stupidity
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2007, 04:25:02 pm »

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up