Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gov. Lynch signs ban on Real ID  (Read 2873 times)

TomAlciere

Gov. Lynch signs ban on Real ID
« on: June 27, 2007, 08:10:43 pm »

http://www.nh.gov/governor/news/2007/062707id.htm

Press Release

For Immediate Release    Contact:
June 27, 2007    Communications Director
Office of the Governor
603-271-2121

Gov. Lynch Signs Law Prohibiting New Hampshire From Participating in Federal Real ID System

CONCORD - Gov. Lynch today signed into law legislation prohibiting New Hampshire from participating in the federal Real ID system.

“Real ID is intended to make us all safer, which I think we can all agree is a laudable goal. However, I strongly believe Real ID’s proposed haphazard implementation and onerous provisions would have the exact opposite effect. The federal government obviously did not think this burdensome system through and that is why we in New Hampshire are right to reject it,” Gov. Lynch said.

Gov. Lynch continues to have many concerns regarding Real ID, including the cost, the impact on the privacy of our citizens and the burden it will place on state government employees.

“Today, we are sending a strong message to the federal government - we are not about to be coerced into another unfunded federal mandate, especially not one that we will pay for with our privacy,” Gov. Lynch said.

House Bill 685 was passed unanimously by the Senate and received overwhelming support in the House.

The legislation was sponsored by Reps. Neal Kurk, Jay Phinizy, Joel Winters, Lars Christiansen, Susan Almy, and Sen. Peter Burling.

Office of the Governor : State House : Concord, NH 03301

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
Re: Gov. Lynch signs ban on Real ID
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 06:35:11 pm »

Awesome news!!  We should really use it to the FSP's advantage.  I'd be willing to manage some Google PPC ads if the funds are available
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 08:35:37 pm by sjhipple »
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

FreeBoB

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 07:09:56 pm »

Oh yeah!  ;D  I've been waiting for this!

Spread it throughout all of your groups.

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 09:31:40 pm »

TomAlciere

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 07:10:14 pm »

Do note that Joel Winters, D-Manchester, a porcupine, was one of the co-sponsors.
Pages: [1]   Go Up