Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Publicity stunt  (Read 8960 times)

TomAlciere

Publicity stunt
« on: June 26, 2007, 09:11:35 am »

The FSP needs to discuss this and vote on it. That is, whether Free Staters should be encouraged to spend $2 FRN's when in New Hampshire, whether residing or pre-move. This would be a publicity stunt and these notes feature Thomas Jefferson and the Declaration of Independence. The newspapers would certainly take note of the abundance of $2 FRN's suddenly in circulation.

Naturally, nobody needs to get permission because $2 FRN's are legal tender so if you want, just do it.

The beautiful thing is, if "your" bank refuses to order $2 FRN's you can easily find another bank.

lloydbob1

Re: Publicity stunt
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 09:17:19 am »

The FSP will neither discuss, nor,  vote on this.  If individual members want to do this they can.  Some have been doing it for a while now.  Several hundred members just left the state the other day.

freedomroad

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 11:56:38 am »

Several hundred members just left the state the other day.

Oh, no!  Lloyd, why did they leave?  Were they run out of town?  Was it the bad weather?

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 12:10:00 pm »

Several hundred members just left the state the other day.

Oh, no!  Lloyd, why did they leave?  Were they run out of town?  Was it the bad weather?

I think he's talking about leaving NH after PorcFest.

As far as the $2 thing, it's not a bad idea, although it'd be hard to get enough that you'd get alot of attention.  Stamping FRN's is a better way I think.
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

TomAlciere

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 03:18:23 pm »

$2 bills are available in abundance at the Federal Reserve Bank to any bank that cares to order them. Most banks, however, choose not to order them.

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 05:27:07 pm »

$2 bills are available in abundance at the Federal Reserve Bank to any bank that cares to order them. Most banks, however, choose not to order them.

Whenever I go to the bank to get cash (so I can stamp it with the FSP URL), I always ask for all the 2's they have b/c they get noticed. 
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

lowen

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2007, 08:35:49 pm »

When you pay with 2's do the businesses give them out for change or do they go straight back to the bank? There may be far fewer stamped 2's in circulation than we think.

CA_Libertarian

• FSP Member 2007
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2007, 12:25:28 pm »

I think the best way to circulate them is for Freestater business owners to use $2 bills to give change at their businesses.
www.pledgebank.com/Next1000

The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it NOW deserves the love and thanks of man and woman.
~Thomas Paine (1737–1809)

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2007, 12:02:31 pm »

When you pay with 2's do the businesses give them out for change or do they go straight back to the bank? There may be far fewer stamped 2's in circulation than we think.

It's been my limited experience that cashiers give them out as change ASAP b/c they have no place to put them.  That or they hid them under the drawer with the 50's and 100's and never use them.  Either way, I only get 2 or 3 every time I go to the bank b/c they usually don't have many.

freedomroad

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2007, 12:09:12 pm »

It's been my limited experience that cashiers give them out as change ASAP b/c they have no place to put them.  That or they hid them under the drawer with the 50's and 100's and never use them.  Either way, I only get 2 or 3 every time I go to the bank b/c they usually don't have many.

Ask your bank to order them if you want them.  They order than in $200 stacks.

GhengisConrad

• I am human
    • My Resume
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2007, 07:41:20 pm »

Thats actually a cool idea to use alot of 2$ bills and stamp them. Because everyone who gets a 2$ bill looks at it alot, because they dont get one often.

So where does one obtain these stamps? Or should I just do it with pen?

I could put Ron Paul stuff on it too......... interesting.
"I will not help you to pretend I have a chance. I will not help you to preserve the appearance of righteousness where rights are not recognized. I will not help you to preserve an appearance of rationality by entering a debate in which a gun is the final argument. I will not help you to pretend that you are administering justice."- Hank Rearden page 443

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2007, 08:10:51 am »

Thats actually a cool idea to use alot of 2$ bills and stamp them. Because everyone who gets a 2$ bill looks at it alot, because they dont get one often.

So where does one obtain these stamps? Or should I just do it with pen?

I could put Ron Paul stuff on it too......... interesting.

People seem to be just making their own.
Pages: [1]   Go Up