Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which state do you like?  (Read 11911 times)

Childe Folly

• FSP Participant
  • Born Free... Taxed to Death
Re:Which state do you like?
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2002, 09:36:16 pm »

I dunno if I'm in the minority on this aspect, but I'd go wherever it was decided was best.  I don't have any particular ties to any geographical region, and the weather is a lot less important to me than the political climate and the people.

I agree with martel here. Our country is beautiful all over. Our founding fathers knew how to make a living from an undeveloped area, so no matter where we go we should find jobs.

No matter where we go - it doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is the chance to taste true liberty in our lifetime.  
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
- Ayn Rand

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
- George Santayana

poptabbin

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2002, 08:36:30 pm »

MONTANA!!!!!!!!!!!   i have dreamed of living there well before the fsp, and because to me it was the embodiment of freedom.  I would move anywhere for the idea of freedom but to me it already lives in Montana!

Moz

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2002, 12:45:59 pm »

My advice: be wary of New Hapmshire.

NH has the first presidential primary, which draws massive amounts of media attention for both major parties. If someone new came there and threatened a serious stomping ground of theirs, might complicate things.

WarforLiberty

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2003, 11:52:22 am »

New Hampshire does have the first Pres primary, but her in NH the FSP is getting a warm reception.  In the summer there is a 10 day long camping thing that is goin on up here for FSP'ers.  We are even going to meet Gov. Benson, which I think is ballsy, meeting an organization that wants to break the 2 party system.  But NH owns, its so warm in the summer, we have lots of snow in the winter, its awesome in the fall because of the fauliage.  Plus the father north you go, the less people/regulation there is, plus we are so close to everything, canada, boston, new york.  But any state that wins liberation, im going to live there.  Liberty should be themost important aspect of this project.

Neo-Jeffersonian

• Life Boy Scout and NRA Sharpshooter.
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2003, 03:19:32 pm »

Howdy, people!

I, personally, would not choose an Eastern state; they're to close to D.C. and that's not to comforting.  I would rather be as far away from the District of Columbia as I can get.  Montana would be an okay state to go to.  I would go to Montana, Idaho, or Wyoming.  Those states have far better gun laws then most states.

Mithrandir, Gandalf the White
"I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"--Patrick Henry, 1776

"It is the path of least resistance that makes rivers and men crooked." --Unknown.

arclight

• FSP Participant
  • Constitutionalist!
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2003, 09:50:49 pm »

Howdy, people!

I, personally, would not choose an Eastern state; they're to close to D.C. and that's not to comforting.  I would rather be as far away from the District of Columbia as I can get.  Montana would be an okay state to go to.  I would go to Montana, Idaho, or Wyoming.  Those states have far better gun laws then most states.

Well Mr. the White,
What does the physical distance to Washington D. C. have to do with any of the considerations for the Free State? Vermont has no gun regulation at all, and New Hampshires is as it stands now, as less restrictive as Wyoming. The western states are pretty and all, but good luck finding a job in the middle of the forest.
New Hampshire, Delaware and Vermont are all realistic candidate states, and I would encourage you to research thouroughly before voting, if you are a member. Very creative handle, by the way!
Ciao.
" The harder I work, the more luck I seem to have"   Thomas Jefferson

Ceol Mhor

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a porcupine!
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2003, 10:47:32 pm »

What does the physical distance to Washington D. C. have to do with any of the considerations for the Free State?
DC gives off bad vibes. And it smells bad, too.  :D

Seriously, there are some valid reason to being further away from the DC/NY/Boston areas. Close proximity increases the likelihood that one or more major news services will make a big deal out of us and motivate nearby statists in bordering states to oppose us.

The western states are pretty and all, but good luck finding a job in the middle of the forest.
I'll take the middle of the forest over the middle of the city any day of the week. 'Course, there are plenty of cities in the west and plenty of forests in the northeast, so it's not really the conflict you make it out to be.

Neo-Jeffersonian

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2003, 08:46:02 pm »

I'll take the middle of the forest over the middle of the city any day of the week. 'Course, there are plenty of cities in the west and plenty of forests in the northeast, so it's not really the conflict you make it out to be.

I agree, Ceol Mhor.  I would much rather live in the forest than in the city, seeing as how there's far more crime in a city of 300,000 than in a small forest town of 30,000.  And there are larger towns and semi-big cities in the North-Western states.  By the by, arclight: I shall indeed do some research about the states, for the subject is very interesting to me.  

Very creative handle, by the way!

I thank thee.

"I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"--Patrick Henry, 1776

"It is the path of least resistance that makes rivers and men crooked." --Unknown.

Harrypotter

• Founder of the Midukon Challengers
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2003, 08:03:30 pm »

I would want to live in Montana because of the wide open space and the mountains. ;)

Neo-Jeffersonian

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2003, 08:52:22 pm »

Harry,
Nice to see you on the boards again.  You havent posted at all in about a year and a half.  Good to see that you've returned.

Mithrandir, One-Who-Wears-White-Robes

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up