Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Two-Way Radio Network for PF 2007  (Read 7993 times)

Bald Eagle

• Is it time yet?
Re: Two-Way Radio Network for PF 2007
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2007, 10:52:01 pm »

I've got my crappy old CB radio that we used driving up to PF '05.
We've also got 2 Motorola Talkabouts that seem to work reasonably well - when we remember to turn them on/back on.
Or when the batteries haven't died.
Or when we remember to unpack them and carry them around.

Can't I just get one of those ultra-convenient RFID chips planted in my head?  Then you guys will be able to find me and come get me when I pass out drunk in the woods while trying to take a pee.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2007, 06:15:03 am »

All likely true.  But if this is the 'official' FSP communication network, we don't want the FCC to have any reason to fine the FSP.
how about not having anything "official"

by the way .... I am officially part of a revolution that is overthrowing the current evil regime in washington dc
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

lloydbob1

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2007, 07:33:09 am »

AH!  Pound's Laundry!

error

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Department of Homeland Stupidity
    • U.S. Department of Homeland Stupidity
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2007, 08:16:13 am »

Bahahaha!  Free Staters getting licenses for GMRS?  I don't need a license to buy one, and I don't expect the FCC will be staking out the campground.

I'll have my GMRS radio in my pocket. Though I might buy another one; this one seems to go through charge on the batteries a bit too fast. :(

Rich Goldman

• FSP Participant
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2007, 03:02:02 pm »

How many devices do we think we'd need for PorcFest?  I'm thinking at least one for me, one for the registration desk, one atthe main lodge, one atthe stockade lodge, and atfor the boardwalk area.  Can you think of any people or places I might be missing? What's the marginal cost per device?

Either way, can someone volunteer to take the lead on having PorcFest communications setup?
--
Rich Goldman
Head Organizer, PorcFest 2007 & 2008

NHArticleTen

• FSP Participant
  • Join The Ron Paul Write-In Revolution Today!
    • Adventures In Legal Land
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2007, 10:24:03 am »

I think I have 3 or 4 older FRS radios that worked well for me...they have rechargeable batteries and chargers...I'll have to dig them out and see if they still work...if they do I'd be willing to lend them to the cause...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up