Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Oneg Shabbat - Friday 8 - 10 pm  (Read 13517 times)

yeahitsmejp

Oneg Shabbat - Friday 8 - 10 pm
« on: February 12, 2007, 09:43:16 am »

Join other Jewish Porcupines on Friday evening from 8 pm - 10 pm for an Oneg Shabbat!

An Oneg Shabbat is an informal gathering of Jews to express outwardly the happiness inherent in the Sabbath. Join us for some traditional Jewish snacks, Kiddush, and singing and socializing! All Jewish Porcupines and friends of Jewish Porcupines are welcome!

Rich Goldman

• FSP Participant
Re: Oneg Shabbat - Friday 8 - 10 pm
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 09:49:20 am »

Cool.  Good idea.  I'll definitely be there for at least part of it.  It's dependent on what my official responsibilites will require of me.
--
Rich Goldman
Head Organizer, PorcFest 2007 & 2008

Ward Griffiths

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Canvas and Quicklime
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 12:19:19 pm »

Well, that fills one hole in my calendar.

I can have a batch of chili that will be Kosher in most regards.  I don't know where there's a (reasonably priced) Kosher meat market in New Hampshire and I won't have a set of cooking gear that has never been used with treif foods.
--
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd@comcast.net

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  (Denis Diderot)

yeahitsmejp

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 12:31:18 pm »

Well, that fills one hole in my calendar.

I can have a batch of chili that will be Kosher in most regards.  I don't know where there's a (reasonably priced) Kosher meat market in New Hampshire and I won't have a set of cooking gear that has never been used with treif foods.

Tell me what you need Ward and I'll pick it up when I am in Brookline, MA.

Power Penguin

• LG Coordinator / First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • I know where (some of) you live!
    • Protect your property from theft!
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2007, 12:24:58 am »

I'm not Jewish but I've participated in Shabbat a couple of times. If my religion hating SO wasn't coming with me to PF I'd do it for sure, but I'd say I'm 50/50 at best given current circumstances. Either way, good luck and I know this will go well.
Concerned about privacy? If so, check out the official Asset Protection Crash Course. How can you afford not to?
Pages: [1]   Go Up