Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PF '07 Seminar Idea: "Property, Privacy, & Maximizing Pro Liberty Activism"  (Read 3457 times)

Power Penguin

• LG Coordinator / First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • I know where (some of) you live!
    • Protect your property from theft!

Hellow fellor Porcs! I'm thinking of putting together a seminar/round-table discussion about privacy, asset protection, and effective activism techniques. I envision it covering not only the actual skills you can use to become more effective at persuasion, but also gain insights into minimizing the threat posed by detractors and/or political entities that dislike you. It is my strong belief that many of you want to get more involved, but may fear reprisal or rejection. This is a concern for almost everyone, I would imagine, but you can have confidence, especially if you have a good strategy.

This event may be broken down into four major discussion topics:

1. You matter! - An into to the seminar and some discussion about why each individual and our movement as a while is important. The 80/20 rule, the Spiral of Silence, etc.

2. What if they hate me? - The truths and myths about political reprisal from family, politial enemies, and law enforcement. What threats are (or aren't) out there, and how can I protect myself and others from them as much as possible?

3. Security is Sexy. - A discussion of internal security for sucessful activist groups (such as the FSP!). Tips on how to maximize confidence and effectiveness in community outreach while minimizing common problems suffered by various organizations.

4. Finally, a question-and-answer session and/or discussion of your own experiences/suggestions.

Does this sound like a good idea to you?
What do you think of this basic outline, and how long should it take? I'm thinking one hour, 1.5 hrs at the most.
Does anyone want to directly help with organizing and/or co-hosting this event with me?

Muchas Gracias.
Concerned about privacy? If so, check out the official Asset Protection Crash Course. How can you afford not to?

Power Penguin

• FSP Participant

This could also be broken down into a couple of independent in depth events as well, with fun related activities! :D
Concerned about privacy? If so, check out the official Asset Protection Crash Course. How can you afford not to?

Rich Goldman

• FSP Participant

I agree.  Sounds like a good event for PorcFest.

If you'd join (and repost to) the Yahoo Group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/porcfest2007/ we can start dealing with the details.
  -Rich
--
Rich Goldman
Head Organizer, PorcFest 2007 & 2008

Klaus

• FSP Participant
  • (The Swiss) are most armed and most free.

Nice idea and one that deserves perhaps more than one session or seminar.  For example computer security is a topic by itself, and physical security another.

I'd say flesh it out and definitely join the PF2007 yahoo group.

We need more good ideas like this for PF!

Nik
All the armies in the world are not so powerful as an idea whose time has come.
- Victor Hugo

Power Penguin

• FSP Participant

I was thinking that this could include cool activities as well, such as a participatory demo of my "Tor Couriers" methods (think cops & robbers kiddies!), and perhaps a class on self defense/small firearms use? This could be a cool tie-in for the firearms buffs.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.

"BTW, Russell, have you seen my thread about the privacy & activism seminar(s) I want to set up for PF'07? I think you're the man to work with on this, as you have so much CD experience, etc. You're one of the experts for sure."

Sounds like a decent topic. I don't know how I am an expert though. We have been standing up to "the Man" but with mixed results. I also have chosen to not hide from the evil government. Many in our gang have had better success by being open. :)
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

Ward Griffiths

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Canvas and Quicklime

"BTW, Russell, have you seen my thread about the privacy & activism"
Russell tends to keep his activism public, and G-D's grace to him for that.

I'm a private sort of guy. You don't want to draw attention when your polling place is the roof of a building.  (I hope to kick that habit once I move to New Hampshire).
--
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd@comcast.net

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  (Denis Diderot)

Rich Goldman

• FSP Participant

Is this still happening?  If so, please post a preferred date, time and duration.
--
Rich Goldman
Head Organizer, PorcFest 2007 & 2008
Pages: [1]   Go Up