Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Saturday afternoon "Outside the political system activism" workshop ideas please  (Read 3442 times)

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.

I am organizing the Saturday afternoon "Outside the political system activism" workshop. Does anyone have requests for panelists and/or topics you would like to see covered?
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

Ward Griffiths

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Canvas and Quicklime

Unfortunately, my first choice Lee Harvey Oswald is dead.  I really wanted to know how you make a magic bullet.
--
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd@comcast.net

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  (Denis Diderot)

NHArticleTen

• FSP Participant
  • Join The Ron Paul Write-In Revolution Today!
    • Adventures In Legal Land

I'll have some magic bullets also please...lol.

Bald Eagle

• Is it time yet?

Russell - I would be interested in hearing about the history of effective outside the system tactics, and the philosophy and rationale of completely non-violent protest.

NHArticleTen

• FSP Participant
  • Join The Ron Paul Write-In Revolution Today!
    • Adventures In Legal Land

Some of us are going to have a round table discussion on the merits of Unintended Consequences and Enemies Foreign and Domestic...

And perhaps some merits of other volumes also...

Bring paper and pen to take notes and have a reading list that will last til next Porcfest...lol.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.

Russell - I would be interested in hearing about the history of effective outside the system tactics, and the philosophy and rationale of completely non-violent protest.
I can cover some of this ground, but it would take a while.
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

lloydbob1

I am organizing the Saturday afternoon "Outside the political system activism" workshop. Does anyone have requests for panelists and/or topics you would like to see covered?

Maybe you can get Ron Paul to attend

Porcupine Realtor

• FSP Participant
  • Arrived in NH on 9/03/07!
    • Mark Warden - Porcupine Real Estate

Russell,
This may be a stretch, but perhaps someone could speak to using your business, if you're the owner, to actually use libertarian and free-market principles among employees and departments.  Charles Koch of Koch Industries has written about this in his book "Science of Success" or some such title.  Also using libertarian-inspired techniques are John Mackey at Whole Foods Markets and Chris Rufer at the Morningstar Company in No. California, a produce canning operation.

Another idea for outside the system is to teach children pro-liberty ideals.  But since I don't have or plan to have children, that wouldn't really interest me.

Another is utilize a FSP or libertarians yellow pages-type clearinghouse for goods and services that would profit our fellow activists.  Your porcs helping porcs forum is a minute example of such an alternative to the marketplace.
www.PorcupineRealEstate.com
Mover #491
Allison James Estates & Homes
163 Amherst St Nashua NH 03064
Pages: [1]   Go Up