Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Camp site reservations  (Read 13363 times)

Mike Brady

Camp site reservations
« on: April 02, 2007, 10:45:51 pm »

Is there are particular area to ask for when calling Gunstock to make a camping reservation?  Are they going to group the Porcs together?

Mike Brady

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
Re: Camp site reservations
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 06:14:10 am »

Until Friday and Saturday ..... we will almost be by ourselves.

My family is probably going to camp in the upper part by the pond, playground and buildings.

The party area will be down at the bottom ... at the boardwalk.

The honeymoon area is up on the breezy knoll.

The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 02:03:26 pm »

I realize I'm responding to questions about last year's Porcfest. Just thought I would point out that the party area has moved this year (2008) and won't be in the boardwalk area. I think it's the area across the road from the two shower buildings. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Rich Goldman

• FSP Participant
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 09:41:27 pm »

The FSP has reserved sites for PorcFest attendees congregate  Details are at http://www.freestateproject.org/festival/lodging .  A map of the sites is found at http://www.freestateproject.org/files/CampgroundMap_0.pdf .

When you call Gunstock, tell them you are with PorcFest and want one of our sites.

There is no Boardwalk area like last year.  During the weekdays, evening socializing will be spread out throughout people's individual campsites and/or camping areas.  On the weekend, partying will be in the Bowl Area of Gunstock outside of the camping area (non-campers will not be allowed in the camping area).

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
   -Rich
--
Rich Goldman
Head Organizer, PorcFest 2007 & 2008

lloydbob1

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 08:03:28 am »

When are we moving back to Rogers?

Rich Goldman

• FSP Participant
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 09:04:20 am »

If/when whomever is running PorcFest thinks it appropriate to do so.
--
Rich Goldman

castle_chaser

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 09:54:08 pm »

I realize I'm responding to questions about last year's Porcfest. Just thought I would point out that the party area has moved this year (2008) and won't be in the boardwalk area. I think it's the area across the road from the two shower buildings. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'll be camping in Poplar field and will be looking forward to a party at my place  ;D

error

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Department of Homeland Stupidity
    • U.S. Department of Homeland Stupidity
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2008, 02:35:52 am »

I'll be camping in Poplar field and will be looking forward to a party at my place  ;D

I'll be there! Woohoo!

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2008, 02:37:11 am »

There is no Boardwalk area like last year.  During the weekdays, evening socializing will be spread out throughout people's individual campsites and/or camping areas.  On the weekend, partying will be in the Bowl Area of Gunstock outside of the camping area (non-campers will not be allowed in the camping area).

What if you have a pass?  What exactly will non-campers not be allowed to do and when?
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

freedomroad

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2008, 03:22:55 am »

I'm sure you can sneak by.  Infact, I could empty out a bag, put you in it, and carry you to the camping area.  I don't the government camp managers will be able to effectively counteract that approah.

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2008, 04:59:33 am »

Hey you will party were and when you are told to!!

What do you think you're free or some thing.
"It's not all gonna be candy and blow-jobs"-Dale

Jason Osborne ‎"Fighting for reduction of government" is kind of like smashing your dick in a car door to reduce the pain of smashing your dick in the car door, and then getting pissed at the folks who don't want to smash their dicks in car doors as if it is their fault that your dick hurts.

"I don't recommend looking towards a government building if you don't want to see indecent behavior."  --Russell Kanning

Rich Goldman

• FSP Participant
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2008, 08:57:21 am »

What if you have a pass?  What exactly will non-campers not be allowed to do and when?

If you have a pass, there's no problem. You pick them up at the Gunstock check-in desk.  The issue is that because of Bike Week, starting on Friday, only campers will be allowed in the campground area.  This is why the Bowl Area (the big field at the entrance to Gunstock) will be used.  There'll be music, bonfires, food, and other things going so that the party is all in the public area.  The only limit on non-campers will be going into the campground on the weekend and needing a pass on the weekdays.
--
Rich Goldman

KJM

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2008, 05:01:51 pm »

Can someone familiar with Gunstock tell me whether the reserved Poplar Field and Brookside Campsites are under canopy or in the open air? I need a site with electricity but I'd prefer one under trees. I tried comparing the campground map with satellite maps, but I couldn't tell for sure.

Rich Goldman

• FSP Participant
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2008, 06:18:26 pm »

I believe there is one (or two) sites in Brookside that have tree cover. Best bet though is to call Gunstock directly (603) 293-4341 x155 to ask. 
--
Rich Goldman

error

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Department of Homeland Stupidity
    • U.S. Department of Homeland Stupidity
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2008, 08:10:04 pm »

Can someone familiar with Gunstock tell me whether the reserved Poplar Field and Brookside Campsites are under canopy or in the open air? I need a site with electricity but I'd prefer one under trees. I tried comparing the campground map with satellite maps, but I couldn't tell for sure.

The Brookside sites have partial tree cover, though are still exposed to the sun most all of the day. The Poplar Field sites are open, though those closest to the treeline are in shade for most of the day due to Poplar Field being right up against the hill.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up