Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alternatives Expo version .8 at Porcfest 2007  (Read 6531 times)

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
Alternatives Expo version .8 at Porcfest 2007
« on: February 27, 2007, 05:48:56 pm »

Alternatives Expo  at Porcfest 2007

version 0 was held successfully at the NHLF in february in Concord .... now it is almost time for version .8 ( computer geeks are going to have to determine the proper version numbers for Jack and I )

We are thinking that we can have some variety in our speakers and entertainment at porcfest. We might need to hold this event at the "Stockade". I need to check prices and then beg for donations. If no one donates, then the market has spoken. :)
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

Neal Conner

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Republica Neo Hantoniensis
Re: Alternatives Expo version .8 at Porcfest 2007
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 01:39:09 pm »

What new topics do you have in mind for AltExpo Beta? (AltExpo at the NHLF being the Alpha version.)

Wasn't the AltExpo's release originally planned for PorcFest? If so, that would make it version 1.0 in my mind.
"To get things done, you must love the doing, not the secondary consequences. The work, not the people. Your own action, not any possible object of your charity." – Howard Roark

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 05:35:49 pm »

I don't know all the topics that could be covered. Maybe we will do this under the sun/moon and have everyone with a topic set up a time. :)

I was thinkin we could also have an altexpo paper like the Keene Free Press with recent articles from all the speakers.
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

"Hagrid"

• FSP Participant
  • We don't need 20K... we just need you to move now.
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 09:55:18 am »

version 0 was held successfully at the NHLF in february in Concord .... now it is almost time for version .8 ( computer geeks are going to have to determine the proper version numbers for Jack and I )

My suggestion to Jack for the next one was  #B
followed by similarly confusing numbers like #23d, #666, #XL #4.3, #Phi, etc

#.8 is a good one, I like that.

lloydbob1

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 10:14:11 am »

Call the next one 02, 'owt' 2.  Then you can celebrate your Fifth Anniversity at Alt Expo #1

Denis Goddard

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Free the Mallocs!
    • Free State Blogs
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 09:18:32 pm »

I think these AltExpos should be numbered so as to asymptotically approach unity (1.0)

Maybe PF/07 could be AltExpo 0.2112 (after a great Rush album dedicated "to the genius of Ayn Rand")

"Hagrid"

• FSP Participant
  • We don't need 20K... we just need you to move now.
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 09:56:43 pm »

I think these AltExpos should be numbered so as to asymptotically approach unity (1.0)

Maybe PF/07 could be AltExpo 0.2112 (after a great Rush album dedicated "to the genius of Ayn Rand")

Or .1776
or .1984
I think we need a few others before 2112 if it's approaching 1...  but I like the idea.

Insurgent

• FSP Participant
  • The Paradigm is the Enemy
    • Jeremy's MySpace--be my friend!
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2007, 10:44:58 pm »

What new topics do you have in mind for AltExpo Beta? (AltExpo at the NHLF being the Alpha version.)

Wasn't the AltExpo's release originally planned for PorcFest? If so, that would make it version 1.0 in my mind.

I think it would be great to get Steve Goodale back, or someone else who is knowledgable about the topics he covered such as: 9/11 truth, deep politics and who really owns the country, government-sponsored terror, economic collapse, Peak Oil. There are other big name speakers who cover these topics but they would probably want to get paid more than donations sould cover  :-\
"The Matrix is a documentary--deal with it"  (unknown)

"We change NOTHING until we change the way that money works" (Michael Ruppert)

"For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth, to know the worst and provide for it." (Patrick Henry)

JaqEboy

• the Alternatives Expo
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2007, 09:15:57 pm »

Uh, okay, I just found this thread, thanks to Insurgent.

Hey, we're welcoming all suggestions (and all volunteer organizers!). Here's the list of topics that we originally came up with in our wild-eyed wish sessions: http://www.altexpo.org/programs.htm - we just listed all the "wish" items and then started calling around to find speakers and then copied and pasted them into a schedule matrix. When we filled up the schedule we stopped and what was left over and wasn't copied and pasted into the schedule at the top remains on the list at the bottom of the page.

[Boy, do we need web design help!]

JaqEboy

• the Alternatives Expo
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2007, 10:20:37 pm »

I was thinkin we could also have an altexpo paper like the Keene Free Press with recent articles from all the speakers.

Now, that is a cool idea. Sort of a "Proceedings of AltExpo" kind of thing. It should be much more loose and not stuffy, tho'. Us PorcuPirates ain't no wussy stuffed shirts, ya know.   Arrrrr!

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2007, 10:52:19 am »

Us PorcuPirates ain't no wussy stuffed shirts, ya know.   Arrrrr!

Puffy shirts not stuffed shirts.

Rich Goldman

• FSP Participant
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2007, 04:20:40 pm »

FYI, if AltExpo orgs are/were planning on getting vendor table space, do so soon.  We're down to it looks like 3 tables for Fri & Sat. and about 5 for just Friday.

http://freestateproject.org/festival/vending
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 04:37:35 pm by Rich Goldman »
--
Rich Goldman
Head Organizer, PorcFest 2007 & 2008

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2007, 10:23:56 pm »

I don't think alternatives guys buy official table space. 8)

Power Penguin

• LG Coordinator / First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • I know where (some of) you live!
    • Protect your property from theft!
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2007, 12:22:48 am »

This isn't 100% related to Alt Expo, but it could be if people wanted it to be: I've been working on a "Porc Privacy Guide" on a very intermittent basis for the last year or so. Some of you may remember reading one of my early versions of it from last summer. Anyway, is anyone here interested in, and more importantly *skilled* in network theory, attack vectors, and operational security issues? I need someone to help check/build on my work who actually knows what he/she is doing (no offense to the typo finders!). What is the relevance to AE? That I could turn my model of a (nearly) unbreakable courier network into a fun cops & robbers type game at PF. The "making this official" boat has long sailed away (before the end of last year) for various reasons, but it might be cool to do on the fly, assuming that at least 10 or so people A) understand what's going on and B) actually give a crap about it :D.
Concerned about privacy? If so, check out the official Asset Protection Crash Course. How can you afford not to?
Pages: [1]   Go Up