Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: About the Stossel Ticket  (Read 2838 times)

lloydbob1

About the Stossel Ticket
« on: February 26, 2007, 11:14:16 am »

Now that me and my governmentaly unacceptable car are safe at home, I'll tell you about the Ticket.  The two forum auctions were dragging and someone suggested putting a notice on the by the registration tale.  I did adding the high bid.  I didn't (in any way) make  it clear people were to add their bids to the notice.  A while later I returned to the lobby to find my notice covered by something else, for some unknown time.  Speaking of time, it  was speeding by for me all weekend.  Whenever  I checked my cell  it was later than I thought.  I was up in the LP suite jawing with some early party members when Mincin shows up and informs me that:  its 5:05 and theres a bunch of women down in the lobby looking for Lloyd, and, he was going to go hide.  I went to my room and checked the forum auctions (even knowing anyone that could use the ticket had to be in the hotel)....nothing....... then went downstairs where there were only two women after my (questionable) scalp. A woman I didn't know and the good Porcfest friend who was the high bid on the notice.  I explained ( to strange woman) that she was supposed to have added her bid to the notice.  She said something about wanting to talk to me and I was late.  Had me there.  My Porcfest friend said their name was on the notice, the other lady's wasn't and I was late.  Had me there.
I asked the lady how much She was offering.  $150.00!  I had to err.  I erred on the side of 150 bucks for the LSF.  My friend was clearly upset by this outcome and I felt like shit.  Still do.

I was telling people I was on my way to get some traffic cones and going to Kevin's to block out some parking spaces to auction them off for the LSF.

Later, at the party, I saw my friend and made the silly hide my face with my hand gesture.  She asked me what the woman had paid ( she didn't use the word woman). I told her and she said 'Good!' and indicated that  she might not hate me.

Saving some tickets and auctioning them of is a good idea for future Keynote diners, but, should be done by someone more responsible than I.

freedomroad

Re: About the Stossel Ticket
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 05:02:40 pm »

You did good work. That money will do good things.  Thanks for your work.

lloydbob1

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 05:55:27 pm »

Thanks Keith

garthwaited

• Administrator
  • First 1000
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 07:25:26 pm »

We didn't realize our plans would change, but it ended up that Kevin's Stossel ticket went unused. (well, after the food was consumed)

Pages: [1]   Go Up