Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Visiting NH  (Read 1964 times)

MikeHz

Visiting NH
« on: January 30, 2007, 11:19:45 pm »

My wife and I intend spending a couple weeks in New Hampshire next fall, when her vacation comes around. We'll probably be staying in a resort for a week, then spend another week traveling around. We'll be using a rental car.

What sort of weather can we expect in September? What sights should we be sure to see?

My wife will be retiring in a couple of years, and we're seriously considering moving to NH. I'm already retired. (Sort of; kind of.)

cathleeninnh

• FSP Treasurer
  • FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Visiting NH
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 01:21:46 pm »

Gotta see the montains in September. Do the touristy thing, North Conway. Shop, walk downtown Potrsmouth. Shaker Village in Canterbury.

Cathleen

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 02:09:58 pm »

Great weather. Around here (Keene) the leaves are great in late Sept and all of October .... up north ... sooner.
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

citizen_142002

• Friend of the FSP
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 04:09:15 pm »

The leaves may or may not be turning depending on when in September you come. It can be quite warm through September i.e highs in the 70's & 80's. It can also be cooler 50s & 60s. Generally September is characterized by mild weather, clear skies, and the beggining of foliage.

It's not a bad time to hit the resorts. Summer season is pretty much over and the Fall leaf crowd doesn't really start coming until later in October.

lloydbob1

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 06:52:37 pm »

The leaves start to turn about the 3rd week in September in the northernmost parts of NH.  I've seen them 25% turned in the 4th week in neighboring VT ( Island Pond) along with some snow.
Pages: [1]   Go Up