FSP Community > Miscellaneous

Robert Anton Wilson shuffles off the mortal coil

(1/1)

"Hagrid":

--- Quote ---Robert Anton Wilson Defies Medical Experts and leaves his body @4:50 AM on binary date 01/11.

All Hail Eris!

On behalf of his children and those who cared for him, deepest love and gratitude for the tremendous support and lovingness bestowed upon us.

(that's it from Bob's bedside at his fnord by the sea)

RAW Memorial February 07
date to be announced

--- End quote ---

http://www.10zenmonkeys.com/2007/01/11/robert-anton-wilson-1932-2007/
for more.

RAW, co-author of the Illuminatus trilogy and author of many other books, was certainly an anarchist and pro-freedom on most everything.  He will be missed.  At least his last days were spent in comfort, thanks to generosity of many (including myself, who considered the little bit I sent to be just a fractionall payback for being one of many 'Bobs' to influence my life.)  Got to meet him once, years ago in NY, and when I asked about the extensive edits to one trilogy reprint, he replied "Dell buys books by the pound."

IGNORE THE MOVING FNORD! NOTHING TO SEE HERE!

Ward Griffiths:
Bob was a great guy.  I credit him more than any other author (and I include Heinlein and Rand) for turning me against government.  Only met him the once (Octocon, 1978, Santa Rosa CA).  I guess I'll be spending the weekend rereading Illuminatus! (bought my first Dell set at a base exchange at Travis AFB) and Cosmic Trigger.

Hail Eris.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version