Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16]   Go Down

Author Topic: When are you Moving?  (Read 60084 times)

Evenstar

• FSP Participant
  • FSP Participant
    • My Blog
Re: When are you Moving?
« Reply #225 on: May 15, 2008, 02:50:35 pm »

I wish we could.  But I'm really not sure the budget will allow.  :(

And given the choice between the move next July or PorcFest this year, I know where my priority is.
Searching for my place in "Life, the Universe, and Everything" one day at a time.
Maybe I've finally found it... in NH! (www.FreeStateProject.org)
Visit my blog.

Keyser Soce

• FSP Participant
« Reply #226 on: May 15, 2008, 10:23:53 pm »

I actually signed up as part of the first 1000, but we're going to be a little late.

And at the moment we're a family of three... (been discussing expanding that with my husband). 

Were you considering another husband, or a wife?
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." -- Mark Twain

Evenstar

• FSP Participant
  • FSP Participant
    • My Blog
« Reply #227 on: May 15, 2008, 11:01:12 pm »

Actually, another child... though we are in a semi-open relationship...
Searching for my place in "Life, the Universe, and Everything" one day at a time.
Maybe I've finally found it... in NH! (www.FreeStateProject.org)
Visit my blog.

Keyser Soce

• FSP Participant
« Reply #228 on: May 16, 2008, 03:39:11 pm »

Well good luck with that. I would like to mention that if you are coming to NH in a trailer (as are we) I would get there as early as possible in the summer. By Sept it will be too cold to stay in the RV. Since we will arrive in a few weeks, that gives us time before we have to find more permanent lodging. Perhaps aiming for June 1st wouldn't be much of a hardship but you would benefit greatly from the extra month of nice weather.
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." -- Mark Twain

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #229 on: May 16, 2008, 04:24:09 pm »

Yeah, everyone who isn't part of the First 1,000 should sign up for the Next 1,000.  The way it's worded, you could technically have lived here before the vote, but become active since then.  For outreach purposes, though, we're targeting folks who've moved because of the FSP.

BTW, we're in need of volunteers for the Next 1,000 table at PorcFest and a Board of Directors thereafter to come up with ways to reach more people.  If anyone has any ideas, feel free to contact any of the Next 1,000 organizers.  There are about a dozen folks working on this one right now.  We could sure do a lot more with 2,000 activists, eh.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

Dave25

« Reply #230 on: May 23, 2008, 07:31:05 am »

1000 Days

Keyser Soce

• FSP Participant
« Reply #231 on: May 23, 2008, 08:16:41 pm »

1000 Days

That's an oddly round number. We'll see you 2.7378507871 years.  ;D

Dave25

« Reply #232 on: May 24, 2008, 09:12:46 am »

See you then ;)

10stateswithnh

• Liberty Lover on New Hampshire seacoast
« Reply #233 on: November 17, 2009, 04:57:15 am »

Seems like a good thread to keep going.
I've posted this elsewhere, but I will repost here since it is more on topic here.

I plan to move to NH in fall 2011 (I am considering the next 1000 but not sure yet, just found out the deadline a couple of days ago). I am trying to pay off all my debts by fall 2010, with a brief hiatus to fly out for Porcfest 2010. Then I want to save up a bunch of money before moving. I work for a large store and can transfer to almost anywhere in NH, but will have a big drop in wages when I do (my store location has higher pay than most other locations because there is a labor shortage in my town, also I have a night shift position with a high shift differential). So when I move there will be a job but it won't pay much. But without any debt and some substantial savings I will be able to afford the low wages temporarily while I look for something better.
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:
PA, DE, WA, ME, SC, NY, GA, UT, CO, NH as of Sep 2011!

Shamrock

« Reply #234 on: November 19, 2009, 01:05:01 pm »

Looking at Feb 2011, upon kicking my 12 year military career to the curb. I like freedom way more...

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #235 on: November 21, 2009, 12:40:45 pm »

Seems like a good thread to keep going.
I've posted this elsewhere, but I will repost here since it is more on topic here.

I plan to move to NH in fall 2011 (I am considering the next 1000 but not sure yet, just found out the deadline a couple of days ago). I am trying to pay off all my debts by fall 2010, with a brief hiatus to fly out for Porcfest 2010. Then I want to save up a bunch of money before moving. I work for a large store and can transfer to almost anywhere in NH, but will have a big drop in wages when I do (my store location has higher pay than most other locations because there is a labor shortage in my town, also I have a night shift position with a high shift differential). So when I move there will be a job but it won't pay much. But without any debt and some substantial savings I will be able to afford the low wages temporarily while I look for something better.

Sweet plan!

Looking at Feb 2011, upon kicking my 12 year military career to the curb. I like freedom way more...

Welcome!  My dad was in the Marines 11 years.
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16]   Go Up