Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Down

Author Topic: When are you Moving?  (Read 59332 times)

cathleeninnh

• FSP Treasurer
  • FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
Re: When are you Moving?
« Reply #210 on: March 14, 2008, 08:17:11 am »

Terrific! Keep us posted on your plans.

seamas

• FSP Participant
« Reply #211 on: April 03, 2008, 10:06:30 pm »

I wasn't clear that I was a First 1,000 member before the pledge closed.  I was just looking to update my status to reflect this but it's not a big deal if that is not possible; nor would I expect it to be automatic (especially as it didn't happen automatically).  Am I correct in assuming that when I update my address to NH the counter will automatically update?  My concern is that early movers are being under counted both because because it's not obvious how they should be counted and because they are focused on getting their lives started in NH.

Since the First 1000 finished recruiting 12/31/2006, you wouldn't be able to sign up for it now, but you should still be able to change your profile to indicate that you have moved. You can also choose one of the additional move triggers we've set up.

Thanks for this.  I logged on the my profile and tried to change my membership status to First 1,000 Participant but could not (if was a grayed out option).  Should I email Jean Alexander or someone else?  I'd like to update this but more importantly update my address when I move. 

I'll do the "chip in" for the web site because I suspect many people have moved but not let the FSP know because it's not obvious how to do so.  I'd write the FSP a letter or whatever it takes but suspect a lot of people didn't/won't.  Having visited NH a number of times, either there are a lot more FSP members than 500 or they are already being very effective in working with freedom minded New Hampshirites; probably both.

Yeah, I guess I'll try another follow up.  It's quite a bit of work getting that ticker to change, sometimes.  Other people claimed to have looked at my profile, but I don't get to?  How do I know that other info is correct?

You can look at it.  Just go to www.freestateproject.org/user and login.  Then, click on "edit" and you can view and change your info.

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #212 on: April 04, 2008, 06:54:38 am »

Definitely a lot of early movers aren't counted. I updated I believe, but only after a couple of months when I got an email reminding. I'm not even signed onto the first 1000 and yet I am here. There are a lot more than people think.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #213 on: April 04, 2008, 08:11:36 am »

I wasn't clear that I was a First 1,000 member before the pledge closed.  I was just looking to update my status to reflect this but it's not a big deal if that is not possible; nor would I expect it to be automatic (especially as it didn't happen automatically).  Am I correct in assuming that when I update my address to NH the counter will automatically update?  My concern is that early movers are being under counted both because because it's not obvious how they should be counted and because they are focused on getting their lives started in NH.

Yes when you update your profile (to show NH)the counter gets moved.
Yes there are probably a few dozen people here in NH who have not updated their profile.

anon37268573

• First1000
« Reply #214 on: April 04, 2008, 02:15:28 pm »

When are you moving?

I'm planning to move to Nashua, Plaistow, or Salem, on June 1st.  Right now, it looks like Salem.

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #215 on: April 07, 2008, 12:43:44 am »

Literally half the people I've talked to at liberty events (for one reason or another) aren't counted on the Already Moved Counter.  I'm not saying that we have a thousand people here already, but there are tons of these folks.

When doorbelling, I've also noticed that aboot 5-6% of people I've talked to said that they moved here at some point as part of an unofficial effort years ago.  I try to invite some of those folks to events and get them involved in liberty activism.  It helps to know the dates for upcoming CNHT and NHLA meetings--though I rarely know anything other than MVP and Seacoast meetups.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

Denis Goddard

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Free the Mallocs!
    • Free State Blogs
« Reply #216 on: April 07, 2008, 11:45:41 pm »

I rarely know anything other than MVP and Seacoast meetups.
The NHLA Calendar has lots of stuff on it:
http://www.nhliberty.org/forum/index.php?action=calendar

NinjaHero

« Reply #217 on: May 13, 2008, 08:42:14 am »

We'll be moving just as soon as our house sells! The market is very slow in Tennessee so it might take a while. :-\

FTL_Ian

• FSP Participant/First 1000
  • Golden Porcupine
  • Former FSP, still in NH.
    • Free Keene - NH's Liberty Activism Destination
« Reply #218 on: May 13, 2008, 02:18:29 pm »

We'll be moving just as soon as our house sells! The market is very slow in Tennessee so it might take a while. :-\

If you lower the price enough, it will sell.   ;)
150+ Reasons to Move to Keene : http://move.FreeKeene.com

Join the *other* liberty activism forum in NH: http://forum.shiresociety.com

Evenstar

• FSP Participant
  • FSP Participant
    • My Blog
« Reply #219 on: May 14, 2008, 09:52:20 am »

Though our financial situation is a major hinderance (we're below poverty level and behind on all of our bills, strongly considering bankruptcy), my husband has finally commited that regardless of everything, we will be living in New Hampshire by no later than July 1 of next year.  That gives us some time to try to clean up our financial mess, some time to try to get some money saved, some time to make the connections we'll need to survive.  But the "regardless" portion of it means that there is finally a light at the end of the tunnel.

Depending on our situation at that point, we may get a camping trailer and be looking for space to connect it (free or virtually so) and bathroom facilities (my husband's a touch claustrophobic and camping trailer restrooms are difficult for him).  I have a portable job, but he'll be looking for work as we get closer to that date.

I just wanted to share my happy news, that we've finally got a "drop dead" date, and we WILL be moving to New Hampshire!
Searching for my place in "Life, the Universe, and Everything" one day at a time.
Maybe I've finally found it... in NH! (www.FreeStateProject.org)
Visit my blog.

Denis Goddard

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Free the Mallocs!
    • Free State Blogs
« Reply #220 on: May 14, 2008, 02:59:50 pm »

we've finally got a "drop dead" date, and we WILL be moving to New Hampshire!

8)

Jacobus

« Reply #221 on: May 14, 2008, 08:06:38 pm »

Our condo in MA is on the market.  If it sells we will be looking for a single-family home in NH.  I am optimistic that this will be by the end of the year.

Keyser Soce

• FSP Participant
« Reply #222 on: May 15, 2008, 11:38:51 am »

Four more freedom fighters! The reinforcements are coming!

Are you guys part of the "next 1,000"?
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." -- Mark Twain

Evenstar

• FSP Participant
  • FSP Participant
    • My Blog
« Reply #223 on: May 15, 2008, 11:43:20 am »

I actually signed up as part of the first 1000, but we're going to be a little late.

And at the moment we're a family of three... (been discussing expanding that with my husband).  Three in our family, two roommates (who may or may not go with us), two dogs, and a cockatiel.
Searching for my place in "Life, the Universe, and Everything" one day at a time.
Maybe I've finally found it... in NH! (www.FreeStateProject.org)
Visit my blog.

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
« Reply #224 on: May 15, 2008, 02:42:49 pm »

Welcome to all the new people! ;D

Are you coming to PorcFest this year?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Up