Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: When are you Moving?  (Read 64123 times)

Bald Eagle

• Is it time yet?
Re: When are you Moving?
« Reply #150 on: August 09, 2007, 06:50:50 pm »

Just moved this past Sunday.

Profile is updated.

Stuff is about half unpacked.

Got new phone, new microwave, new washer/dryer is arriving tomorrow.

Now I just need a new - job.   ;)

spamghod

« Reply #151 on: August 15, 2007, 01:56:45 pm »

I've lived in Asia off pretty much since 1995. I'm 48 with a Masters in Education in Curriculum Design and have been teaching ESL since I came to Asia. I've been planning on returning to the USA in March, when my current contract expires. Most of what I own at this point are clothes, books, computer, some emergency food I've been buying online (and storing) and a fairly good sized stash of gold and silver. No kids, just a 10 year old divorce.

The thing is, where do I get started!?!?

Ogre

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Llamas are fun!
    • Ogre's Politics and Views
« Reply #152 on: August 16, 2007, 07:15:58 am »

Buy a plane ticket to Manchester, NH.  :)

Are you looking for a job in teaching?  There's lots of jobs in the government education system if you're looking there (but do require state licenses, etc).  Start by checking the internet job boards an apply!  March may be a tough time to start a new teaching job, but if you can make it through the summer, certainly you can pick something up for the fall.  Perhaps you could even grab a summer school session or something.
___
Ogre's Views:
http://www.ogresview.com

Ron Helwig

• FSP Participant
    • Shire Silver
« Reply #153 on: August 16, 2007, 02:40:15 pm »

hello everyone,
  i have finally started to put the wheels in motion and make this dream a reality :)  i have been packing up my essentials and getting rid of what i don't need.  i don't know where i will live and don't have a job yet but i'll figure it out :)  finding a job might be a bit of a challenge at first because my studies were geared toward feature film production/talent agent/talent management.  i decided to move within the next month or so because i will be driving from los angeles california and i don't want to be driving through winter storms if i can help it.  also if i need to camp out while i'm settling in i don't want to freeze to death. ;)  i've been following the fsp for quite some time now and am honored to join the fsp to work towards freedom in our lifetime.  i also want to thank those of you already living in new hampshire for welcoming us who love freedom with open arms to your beautiful state.  live free or die- Michael :)

Excellent! Be sure to let us know how we can help. Also let us know when the moving in and unloading will be so we can help with that.

If you really want to camp, I have a couple acres. I also have a room, but that costs money  :D
Are you a Next 1000 liberty activist?

Rebuild the precious metal economy with Shire Silver

error

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Department of Homeland Stupidity
    • U.S. Department of Homeland Stupidity
« Reply #154 on: August 16, 2007, 09:04:58 pm »

If you really want to camp, I have a couple acres. I also have a room, but that costs money  :D

Isn't that couple of acres a firing range?

Ron Helwig

• FSP Participant
    • Shire Silver
« Reply #155 on: August 17, 2007, 08:47:46 am »

Isn't that couple of acres a firing range?

Well, it doesn't fill the entire 2 acres.

There's also a pond (my deed states I own it to the shoreline, so if anyone has free fill...  >:D )
Are you a Next 1000 liberty activist?

Rebuild the precious metal economy with Shire Silver

LibertyforLife

« Reply #156 on: August 17, 2007, 10:49:19 am »

Looks like our move has been moved back by three months, damn human beings and their failacies. It would appear my wife's private technical college failed to advise her correctly and now the date for her graduation is in Feb `08 not Nov `07. So we will be staying in AK for a few more months.
Live free or die!

« Reply #157 on: August 17, 2007, 05:41:23 pm »

I'll be moving to the Econo Lodge, Manchester September 1st(ish). Sounds like a frightening place to stay but the price is right.

Maybe I can meet some folks at the Sep 4 Taproom Tuesday??

error

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Department of Homeland Stupidity
    • U.S. Department of Homeland Stupidity
« Reply #158 on: August 17, 2007, 06:45:15 pm »

Maybe I can meet some folks at the Sep 4 Taproom Tuesday??

You don't have to RSVP. Just show up.

telomerase

• FSP Participant
  • Live Free Or Die
« Reply #159 on: August 18, 2007, 08:49:52 pm »

Hi! I'm making a scouting/job hunting trip on Sept. 15-23. My wife and I are planning to move in October or November... as soon I find a job in NH or north MA. I'm a research technologist in an HIV vector lab at the Mayo Clinic now.

Hopefully I can meet a couple of you guys on the trip. -Bill

CA_Libertarian

• FSP Member 2007
« Reply #160 on: October 29, 2007, 02:12:12 pm »

This was one of my favorite threads.  Let's keep it going with talk about when we're moving!

I'm in talks with a national retailer to go into a 'manager training' program when I finish school this December.  I told them I was only interested in the job if they can put me to work in NH.  They said they'll talk to the regional coordinator for NH and see about putting me through the training school there.  Of course they couldn't make any promises, but it sounds like they're interested.

This means that I may have a decent job in hand by January (8-10 wk training school is paid at starting salary).  So, instead of March-July, I may be moving as soon as January.
www.pledgebank.com/Next1000

The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it NOW deserves the love and thanks of man and woman.
~Thomas Paine (1737–1809)

garthwaited

• Administrator
  • First 1000
« Reply #161 on: October 29, 2007, 02:47:03 pm »

8)

I had a sucessful interview for a telecommuting Linux Admin job.

Hard to believe they exist... such a dream job.  Wait till I sign the contract before I dream of counting chickens....

Evenstar

• FSP Participant
  • FSP Participant
    • My Blog
« Reply #162 on: November 01, 2007, 09:01:11 pm »

Haven't read all the responses, but I'll go back.  :)

Our current plan is to go up for the PorcFest next year (our first visit to NH) and attempt to make work/housing contacts.  We're hoping to settle somewhere rural on a big chunk of agricultural land, possibly in the vacinity of Keene (obviously, not in the city proper).  We've agreed that a temporary rental situation might be necessary to make the move happen and would be acceptable to both of us.

I'm able and willing to move whenever (I tend to jump first, look later), but hubby doesn't want to move without a safety net in place, and he's also attending college at the moment, due to graduate fall of '08.  So, possibly as soon as PorcFest 2008 (not very likely, unless it's just me), no later than spring 2009.
Searching for my place in "Life, the Universe, and Everything" one day at a time.
Maybe I've finally found it... in NH! (www.FreeStateProject.org)
Visit my blog.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #163 on: November 02, 2007, 07:53:39 am »

there is not much agricultural land around Keene and it can be quite expensive ... internet searches can give you an idea of prices

I hope to see you soon.
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

CA_Libertarian

• FSP Member 2007
« Reply #164 on: November 03, 2007, 05:49:48 am »

I'm able and willing to move whenever (I tend to jump first, look later), but hubby doesn't want to move without a safety net in place, and he's also attending college at the moment, due to graduate fall of '08.  So, possibly as soon as PorcFest 2008 (not very likely, unless it's just me), no later than spring 2009.

Has your husband looked into the universities in NH?  Maybe he could finish school there.
www.pledgebank.com/Next1000

The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it NOW deserves the love and thanks of man and woman.
~Thomas Paine (1737–1809)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 16   Go Up