Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: When are you Moving?  (Read 64185 times)

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
Re: When are you Moving?
« Reply #135 on: July 14, 2007, 12:21:10 pm »

I’m here—escaped from Massachusetts and moved to Manchester last week. Anyone want to get together at the Taproom on Saturday?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Welcome... make sure you change your profile so that the counter clicks one more in NH.

I updated all my profiles (here, NHfree, the secure.freestateproject.org member site, &c.) as soon as I got my DSL working in my new place. The FSP counter is automated from the member site one, not the forum one, correct?

Yes, that's right. 
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

JonM

• First 1000
  • Administrator
« Reply #136 on: July 14, 2007, 12:53:08 pm »

Right now the counter is in limbo while we review the data ported over from the secure.freestateproject.org site.  There were a few duplicate accounts and I've spent a bit of time tracking which dupe got to stay.

In the mean time update via http://www.freestateproject.org/user if you want to have us know.

Berg_the_Barbarian

• FSP Participant
  • fsp participant, first 1000 pledge
« Reply #137 on: July 16, 2007, 06:49:08 pm »

I think the main attraction is the "organic" stuff they sell. I've just recently begun considering organic foods as a practical source of nutrition or hygiene. But I hear that organically grown/raised foodstuffs are rather hard on the environment; taking more acreage to produce equivalent yields and producing more unhealthy/dirty runoff than standard methods. That's just what I've heard. And then there's the bit about no appreciable difference being found between organically raised foodstuffs and our standard, modern alternatives.

Toodles,
AJ
while i know i am really late replying to this, i feel the need to inform you that your info on organic gardening and its impact to the environment is dead wrong.

the differences are appreciable, but not detrimental. organically raised foods are whole and all natural with no artificial fertilizers, or chemical pesticides. from a health standpoint, its like comparing pure spring water to raw sewage.

as for runoff. if you have it, you are watering the garden too much. or aren't using proper ground cover. and even so, there sure aren't any chemicals in it. i would think this is far better for the environment than big agra-business.

take a few 5-gallon buckets and get some soil from a "conventional" farm in one, and some soil for a "real" "organic" farm in the other. (preferably small family farm). then compare the two samples for life. you will find the organic soil full of life, worms, beneficial bacteria etc. the other stuff will be dead. that witch kills the soil will surely kill us too.

yes, ,there is  more loss and (comparably) lower yields with organic, but with organic foods you also don't consume as much for nutrients, and you are not killing yourself with chemicals.

sorry for the hijack, this stuff just razzes me.
every man dies, not every man truly lives.

gir

« Reply #138 on: July 17, 2007, 12:52:49 am »

im moving sept first, ill be in my truck for months to live in though :(
cali sux nh here i come!

FTL_Ian

• FSP Participant/First 1000
  • Golden Porcupine
  • Former FSP, still in NH.
    • Free Keene - NH's Liberty Activism Destination
« Reply #139 on: July 17, 2007, 10:32:37 am »

Have you ever lived in your truck while it's freezing cold outside?   :o
150+ Reasons to Move to Keene : http://move.FreeKeene.com

Join the *other* liberty activism forum in NH: http://forum.shiresociety.com

citizen_142002

• Friend of the FSP
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #140 on: July 17, 2007, 10:52:31 am »

Just bring a really good sleeping bag. ;D

On a serious note, I'd try to find someplace to stay. Sept/Oct would be doable, but after that, it would be very very unpleasent living in a vehicle.

CA_Libertarian

• FSP Member 2007
« Reply #141 on: July 17, 2007, 12:37:47 pm »

im moving sept first, ill be in my truck for months to live in though :(

You mentioned you're a trucker.  Am I correct to assume you're talking about that kind of truck?  Or do you mean you're going to be sleeping in the cab of your pickup?
www.pledgebank.com/Next1000

The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it NOW deserves the love and thanks of man and woman.
~Thomas Paine (1737–1809)

gir

« Reply #142 on: July 17, 2007, 01:23:05 pm »

in my pickup, i wish i had a peterbuilt tho!  ;D but if i can handle sleeping in nothing but a shelter half in snow at 5 degrees when i was in the army, i can handle 12 in my truck and i have a really really good sleeping bag eheh.
cali sux nh here i come!

CA_Libertarian

• FSP Member 2007
« Reply #143 on: July 17, 2007, 01:28:27 pm »

in my pickup, i wish i had a peterbuilt tho!  ;D but if i can handle sleeping in nothing but a shelter half in snow at 5 degrees when i was in the army, i can handle 12 in my truck and i have a really really good sleeping bag eheh.

Well, either way I hope you won't have to live in your truck too long.  Once you find a job you can find a room to rent for around 450 or so a month.
www.pledgebank.com/Next1000

The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it NOW deserves the love and thanks of man and woman.
~Thomas Paine (1737–1809)

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #144 on: August 06, 2007, 02:25:59 pm »

I moved a few days ago. I don't frequent this message board as much so I don't think I mentioned it here. I'm in Amherst VERY temporarily but I'm looking for a more permanent room in Nashua, Merrimack, or Manchester. Give me a heads up if you hear of anything.

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #145 on: August 06, 2007, 10:32:18 pm »

I moved a few days ago. I don't frequent this message board as much so I don't think I mentioned it here. I'm in Amherst VERY temporarily but I'm looking for a more permanent room in Nashua, Merrimack, or Manchester. Give me a heads up if you hear of anything.

I'm getting very jealous.  ;D  Can't wait to join you.  Have you hooked up with any other Free Staters yet?

*cough* *cough* did you update your status for the counter yet?
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #146 on: August 07, 2007, 01:16:06 am »

I'm getting very jealous.  ;D  Can't wait to join you.  Have you hooked up with any other Free Staters yet?

It's like wildfire. There are lots of FSPers and they're really active and I get along fantastically with them so it's like instant close friends.

Yes, I updated my status on the site.

NHArticleTen

• FSP Participant
  • Join The Ron Paul Write-In Revolution Today!
    • Adventures In Legal Land
« Reply #147 on: August 07, 2007, 09:20:22 am »

It's like wildfire. There are lots of FSPers and they're really active and I get along fantastically with them so it's like instant close friends.

Yes, I updated my status on the site.

Yes!

Dale "hit the state" running and he has been to at least three of the events that I have attended!

A very welcome addition to our Porcupine Freedom Family!

And Dale's mention of "wildfire" reminded me of "Rebelfire: Out of the Gray Zone" by Claire Wolfe and Aaron Zelman.

If you haven't been to their website(http://www.rebelfirerock.com/) or read the book, you are in for a treat!

JonM

• First 1000
  • Administrator
« Reply #148 on: August 08, 2007, 02:14:41 pm »

There is now a login link on the right sidebar at www.freestateproject.org

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #149 on: August 08, 2007, 06:17:07 pm »

There is now a login link on the right sidebar at www.freestateproject.org

aha
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 16   Go Up