Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: When are you Moving?  (Read 64042 times)

CA_Libertarian

• FSP Member 2007
Re: When are you Moving?
« Reply #120 on: June 29, 2007, 02:31:43 am »

I wish I could have made it to PorcFest... But the time I first read of the FSP was less than a month before, so I didn't have enough time to arrange the time off work (not to mention funds, etc).  Then again, if I had come to PorcFest, I have a feeling I wouldn't have been able to return to CA.

I feel like I'm in jail and out the little, barred window I see NH... and there's beer & BBQ... and all I've had is PB&J for the last 17 years.  And even though I thought PB&J was good, now I hear about steak and beer.  And even though I've just heard about how good it is, I'm ready to bust out of this joint.  The anticipation is making me lose a lot of sleep.

On a related note, I'm considering dropping one of my majors (to a "minor") to finish my degree one semester sooner.  Which would mean I could come to NH in January (instead of July) next year.  I'm still mulling how this might affect my job prospects... but it's only a difference of 2 classes (and about $2,500 in tuition).
www.pledgebank.com/Next1000

The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it NOW deserves the love and thanks of man and woman.
~Thomas Paine (1737–1809)

Menno

• First 1000
« Reply #121 on: June 29, 2007, 08:19:09 am »

Hi CA...

As someone who has attended PorcFest twice, and just made the move to NH, I can assure you that your instincts are right on... and you will not be disappointed in the least bit.  Being surrounded by like-minded freedom lovers and principled activists is an indescribable feeling, especially after spending years living among folks who at best tacitly support the freedom message.
When I returned to Florida after last year's PorcFest (and self-led tour of NH), I felt like I was 'back in the USSR'!
Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.   - General John Stark

Menno

• First 1000
« Reply #122 on: June 29, 2007, 08:43:13 am »

Hi Dale... ditto to that, I'm glad I got to meet you at PorcFest.  You are a first-class activist... looking forward to seeing you soon in the Free State! 
If you are still looking for a room, there is a fellow porc with a room for rent in Amherst (near Manchester), and I saw a sign at the circle in Keene advertising studio and 1- and 2-bdrm apts for rent.  I will try and get the details to you ASAP.
See you around!
Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.   - General John Stark

daveneu

• You have no idea! But I do...
« Reply #123 on: July 03, 2007, 03:03:41 pm »

Hopefully Fall of '09. I have the land / septic / well / elec all setup. Just need to put up the house (live part-time in a trailer). The house (a manufactured home) will get ordered in the Spring along with a basement :D. Then - whenever it's ready.

Dave N.
Dave N.
The world of me in an easy-to-take capsule

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #124 on: July 04, 2007, 08:09:33 am »

I feel like I'm in jail and out the little, barred window I see NH... and there's beer & BBQ... and all I've had is PB&J for the last 17 years.  And even though I thought PB&J was good, now I hear about steak and beer.  And even though I've just heard about how good it is, I'm ready to bust out of this joint. 
In the jails of this police state .... pb&j is one of the better meals

see you at porcfest or moved here .... soon :)

It has been great to see the crowd that has moved around this years porcfest.
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

liberkaos

« Reply #125 on: July 07, 2007, 09:51:56 pm »

this is dan from porcfest in FL, i said i would be moving in 2 months and it is looking a little longer now, but nothing can keep me away from the movement.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #126 on: July 08, 2007, 06:35:10 am »

this is dan from porcfest in FL,
did I meet you Dan?
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #127 on: July 09, 2007, 10:31:37 am »

Just yesterday another family officially 'made the move'.  Lots of us to help move them in.

ibedi

« Reply #128 on: July 09, 2007, 07:05:41 pm »

I love this thread. I'm leaving for NH on Thursday. I'll be sleeping in my car and showering at the truckstops to preserve my cash. I think I'll make Nashua home base temporarily and explore the state from there. I used to drive a truck and can easily get 800-1000 miles under me each day, so I estimate three days of travel time if everything goes well.

Is there anyone in the Nashua area who would be willing to meet me for lunch or dinner on Monday or so? I don't want to set anything in stone until I'm closer, 'cause who knows what can happen in the meantime. I'd sure love to meet a freestater or two when I get there.

Diane in AZ (for now)

error

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Department of Homeland Stupidity
    • U.S. Department of Homeland Stupidity
« Reply #129 on: July 09, 2007, 07:34:11 pm »

Welcome home! Don't forget to drop by Taproom Tuesday in Manchester. :)

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
« Reply #130 on: July 12, 2007, 12:57:33 pm »

I’m here—escaped from Massachusetts and moved to Manchester last week. Anyone want to get together at the Taproom on Saturday?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

error

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Department of Homeland Stupidity
    • U.S. Department of Homeland Stupidity
« Reply #131 on: July 13, 2007, 09:28:53 pm »

I’m here—escaped from Massachusetts and moved to Manchester last week. Anyone want to get together at the Taproom on Saturday?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Er, it's Taproom Tuesday. There's a nice concert at Ed and Elaine Brown's place Saturday though.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #132 on: July 13, 2007, 10:17:20 pm »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Welcome... make sure you change your profile so that the counter clicks one more in NH.

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
« Reply #133 on: July 13, 2007, 11:19:27 pm »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Er, it's Taproom Tuesday. There's a nice concert at Ed and Elaine Brown's place Saturday though.

Blargh. See, this is what happens after I move and adjust to a commuting schedule where I’m waking up at 5:00 in the morning…
I’ll be over there on Tuesday. ;D

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
« Reply #134 on: July 13, 2007, 11:23:59 pm »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Welcome... make sure you change your profile so that the counter clicks one more in NH.

I updated all my profiles (here, NHfree, the secure.freestateproject.org member site, &c.) as soon as I got my DSL working in my new place. The FSP counter is automated from the member site one, not the forum one, correct?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 16   Go Up