Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: When are you Moving?  (Read 61050 times)

"Hagrid"

• FSP Participant
  • We don't need 20K... we just need you to move now.
Re: When are you Moving?
« Reply #90 on: June 14, 2007, 10:37:13 pm »

As a web designer/developer though, I would think something like that could be automated.

Is that a volunteering to help?  IT always needs more people... critics, we have already plenty of those....

BTW, I keep getting calls from the recruiters for the Red Cross looking for Drupal developers. If you know any, they sound really desperate.

Call/msg me regarding this...

CA_Libertarian

• FSP Member 2007
« Reply #91 on: June 15, 2007, 02:55:22 am »

I have given up on the counter ... you outsiders will just have to listen to the stories about new guys that have moved. I can only keep up with the movers in our area. People are moving every week. 8)

I hope you don't give up on the counter.  It's a great way to keep peoples' minds on the goal, and to show that we're making progress toward that goal.

I'm not sure about automating, but it wouldn't be hard to make a thread where we ask each person to post when they move.
www.pledgebank.com/Next1000

The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it NOW deserves the love and thanks of man and woman.
~Thomas Paine (1737–1809)

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #92 on: June 15, 2007, 11:44:19 am »

I like the counter ... but I can't help with it or force people to update their info ... it is just getting crazier and crazier ... it is total anarchy here in the shire ;D
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

Free_Marketeer

• Ludwig von Mises Institute
« Reply #93 on: June 15, 2007, 06:19:13 pm »

I really think that if we can keep building momentum with the movers, we'll be in good shape. Every new mover is a little piece of encouragement to those who are think about it. Every person thinking about it who picks up and moves, is another piece of encouragement for the next guy.

That's true!!  EXCEPT: Us on the outside aren't able to measure this unless the counter moves!!!!!  So update your profile when you move...and remind others to do the same.

Hrm... I didn't even know the counter is connected to our actions.  I thought the FSP board controlled it.  I'll try to remember to update it when I move.

Anyway, I and my three Texas guys are moving within the next 2 weeks to a month (they aren't officially affiliated with the FSP, yet).  We still lack housing, and the few places I have found on Craigslist that would suit us - everybody wants.  Gads, today's been depressing.

Bald Eagle

• Is it time yet?
« Reply #94 on: June 15, 2007, 06:52:34 pm »

I'm not sure what it is, but more and more people I talk to here in VA are getting the feeling that something is up in the US, and a lot more people are receptive to the message of increased freedom, solid protection of natural Rights, and low low low taxes.

I've got a guy and his fiance and BOTH of their whole families planning on moving to NH later this year!  Once they've moved up and get themselves established, their EXTENDED families are planning on moving up!

This thing is snowballing, and I think that things in NH are get to a level of "interesting" that we've not yet contemplated. 

For those of you not moving in the immediate future, make the most of what you've got and rejoice in the fact that you can spread the message of Liberty and recruit people into the FSP.  I'm almost sorry I'm leaving because I never ever stop talking about tyranny and big government and freedom and the FSP. 

MAKE A BIG NOISE.  People who are paying attention (the ones we want) will listen.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #95 on: June 16, 2007, 09:27:19 am »

I really think that if we can keep building momentum with the movers, we'll be in good shape. Every new mover is a little piece of encouragement to those who are think about it. Every person thinking about it who picks up and moves, is another piece of encouragement for the next guy.

That's true!!  EXCEPT: Us on the outside aren't able to measure this unless the counter moves!!!!!  So update your profile when you move...and remind others to do the same.

You may want to post over on NHFREE.com about housing.
Also get those guys in the FSP... and then make sure you update your profile or email info@freestate....org when you get there.
The IT guys move the counter... and that encourages more people to move... Bigger number and more Free State Successes.  Also don't forget to join the NHLA when you get to NH (Just wanted to beat Denis to the punch)
nhliberty.org.

Hrm... I didn't even know the counter is connected to our actions.  I thought the FSP board controlled it.  I'll try to remember to update it when I move.

Anyway, I and my three Texas guys are moving within the next 2 weeks to a month (they aren't officially affiliated with the FSP, yet).  We still lack housing, and the few places I have found on Craigslist that would suit us - everybody wants.  Gads, today's been depressing.

FTL_Ian

• FSP Participant/First 1000
  • Golden Porcupine
  • Former FSP, still in NH.
    • Free Keene - NH's Liberty Activism Destination
« Reply #96 on: June 17, 2007, 11:40:04 am »

This thing is snowballing, and I think that things in NH are get to a level of "interesting" that we've not yet contemplated. 

<rubs hands together>   >:D
150+ Reasons to Move to Keene : http://move.FreeKeene.com

Join the *other* liberty activism forum in NH: http://forum.shiresociety.com

Denis Goddard

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Free the Mallocs!
    • Free State Blogs
« Reply #97 on: June 17, 2007, 02:46:59 pm »

Yeah, telling the Federal Government to FOAD should be good for some news :)
http://www.freestateblogs.net/node/1406

Henry

« Reply #98 on: June 17, 2007, 11:47:18 pm »

Yeah, telling the Federal Government to FOAD should be good for some news :)
http://www.freestateblogs.net/node/1406

awesome. Funny - I've never seen "FOAD" before now, but instantly knew what it meant.

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
« Reply #99 on: June 18, 2007, 12:02:38 am »

It’s official now—I’ve rented a place in Manchester, and I’m moving at the end of this month!

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #100 on: June 18, 2007, 12:46:05 am »

It’s official now—I’ve rented a place in Manchester, and I’m moving at the end of this month!

Congrats!! ;D ;D

And now my annoying and persistant "don't forget to update your profile after you move."  (I know there are at least a few of you that are really sick of hearing me harp on this)
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
« Reply #101 on: June 18, 2007, 01:12:56 am »

Congrats!! ;D ;D

And now my annoying and persistant "don't forget to update your profile after you move."  (I know there are at least a few of you that are really sick of hearing me harp on this)

You mean just changing my location field, or is there something that’s supposed to appear over in the left-hand gutter alongside the avatar, “First 1000” notice, &c.? I seem to remember people talking about this info being used to auto-update the counter…

I’m actually in the process of compiling a list of all the places at which I need to update my address. Disassociating all of my online and offline data from Massachusetts is going to be fun. :D

nativeprincess35

« Reply #102 on: June 19, 2007, 09:19:49 pm »

I hope to be out there by the end of the summer.  Just need to go through the rest our possesions and decide what to keep and what to toss.  Looks like I will be getting rid of most of it and and it will be a true "fresh start" for us.

My fiance is out there, he moved in May.  Unfortunately, he is stuck in a boarding house situation and with out transportation, making finding something more permanent very difficult.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  He is in Hampton Beach

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #103 on: June 19, 2007, 10:21:32 pm »

Congrats!! ;D ;D

You mean just changing my location field, or is there something that’s supposed to appear over in the left-hand gutter alongside the avatar, “First 1000” notice, &c.? I seem to remember people talking about this info being used to auto-update the counter…

I'm not really sure myself, but try to find out if you can. 

Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

FreeBoB

« Reply #104 on: June 20, 2007, 12:07:14 am »

The forum location field does not change your address in your membership record. To change your address please login: http://secure.freestateproject.org/

Yes, please join and please change you address when you move.  For people in the other 49, it's about progress and activity levels in NH, and those counters!

If you have any questions or trouble logging in please email info@freestateproject.org.

Brian
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 16   Go Up