Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: When are you Moving?  (Read 64210 times)

leeannwantstoleaveflorida

Re: When are you Moving?
« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2007, 04:05:21 pm »

End of 2010.  I say this because once the child support for my youngest child stops, there is nothing really holding me here to Florida.  I have one in college now, one that will start in a year, and then the youngest graduates high school in 2010 and child support for her stops 5 months later.  They are what is holding me here now.  Besides, with the way that prices are rising here in South Florida, I won't be able to live here anymore anyway.
Lucky for me I am starting a new job in just over a week, that has their Corporate Offices in Woburn, MA, which won't be too much of a commute from NH.  Not only that, they have at home workers also, so I can do that if the drive is too much. This was actually something that I discussed with them in my initial interview.
YAHOO....

I can't wait to make the move, I just wish the time was now.

Bald Eagle

• Is it time yet?
« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2007, 10:09:24 pm »

August 5th, 2007.  Ready or Not.

We got no jobs lined up, a few tenuous housing offers, and a few boxes piled up in the corner of the apartment.

Good thing we got lots of camping gear.  :D

So, anyone who wants to hire us or rent us a place until we're fabulously wealthy and can build a house on 15 acres....

See y'all soon!

Ron Helwig

• FSP Participant
    • Shire Silver
« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2007, 09:18:31 am »

August 5th, 2007.  Ready or Not.

We got no jobs lined up, a few tenuous housing offers, and a few boxes piled up in the corner of the apartment.

Good thing we got lots of camping gear.  :D

So, anyone who wants to hire us or rent us a place until we're fabulously wealthy and can build a house on 15 acres....

See y'all soon!

How many is "we"?

I have a large room in the basement, suitable for use as a bedroom+.
Are you a Next 1000 liberty activist?

Rebuild the precious metal economy with Shire Silver

CA_Libertarian

• FSP Member 2007
« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2007, 06:22:45 am »

Just signed up tonight (after looking into things pretty thoroughly over the last week).  I'm hoping to move in about a year, as soon as I finish my Bachelor's degree.  However, it looks like most jobs there require some work experience, so I may have to stay here in California for a couple extra years to get experience.  (Here the companies recruit out of the college & university.)  One of my teachers works for a local subsidiary of Parker, which also has a subsidiary in Hollis, NH.  Maybe I'll be able to get on there and transfer...

So, best-case scenario, I'll be seeing you all next summer.

I'm also going to be talking to friends and family to try to recruit them.  I'm not close to much of my family, but the ones I am close to I would miss greatly.  However, I've decided that it won't stop me if they don't want to come with me.  We are all liberty-minded, so, I am hopeful at least a few of them will be willing.

It's gonna be a tough year (or two or three...), but at least now I can see a light at the end of the tunnel.
www.pledgebank.com/Next1000

The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it NOW deserves the love and thanks of man and woman.
~Thomas Paine (1737–1809)

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #79 on: June 09, 2007, 12:14:22 pm »

Just signed up tonight (after looking into things pretty thoroughly over the last week).  I'm hoping to move in about a year, as soon as I finish my Bachelor's degree.  However, it looks like most jobs there require some work experience, so I may have to stay here in California for a couple extra years to get experience.  (Here the companies recruit out of the college & university.)  One of my teachers works for a local subsidiary of Parker, which also has a subsidiary in Hollis, NH.  Maybe I'll be able to get on there and transfer...

What's your field?

--

UPDATE: Ok, I found it on another message.  You're studying Computer Information Systems and Operations Management.  As I understand it, NH has a high concentration of tech jobs.  You may be able to get some help from some of the other computer programmers on the board....there are a good many.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 12:21:06 pm by sjhipple »
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

CA_Libertarian

• FSP Member 2007
« Reply #80 on: June 10, 2007, 04:51:07 am »

What's your field?

--

UPDATE: Ok, I found it on another message.  You're studying Computer Information Systems and Operations Management.  As I understand it, NH has a high concentration of tech jobs.  You may be able to get some help from some of the other computer programmers on the board....there are a good many.

Thanks for the advice.  It's comforting to know there is a support network there to help with this HUGE transition.
www.pledgebank.com/Next1000

The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it NOW deserves the love and thanks of man and woman.
~Thomas Paine (1737–1809)

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #81 on: June 10, 2007, 08:12:25 am »

End of 2010.  I say this because once the child support for my youngest child stops, there is nothing really holding me here to Florida.  I have one in college now, one that will start in a year, and then the youngest graduates high school in 2010 and child support for her stops 5 months later.  They are what is holding me here now.  Besides, with the way that prices are rising here in South Florida, I won't be able to live here anymore anyway.
Lucky for me I am starting a new job in just over a week, that has their Corporate Offices in Woburn, MA, which won't be too much of a commute from NH.  Not only that, they have at home workers also, so I can do that if the drive is too much. This was actually something that I discussed with them in my initial interview.
YAHOO....

I can't wait to make the move, I just wish the time was now.

Uncertain of were you will be working, however Dover, and Portsmouth offers train service to Boston.
Please join us!
http://www.nhliberty.org/ New Hampshire Liberty Alliance.

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

Plug>>>>Realtor Lovejoy Real Estate!

garthwaited

• Administrator
  • First 1000
« Reply #82 on: June 11, 2007, 01:47:17 pm »

Really!  I didn't know that.  I was convinced I'd live in the Nashua/Manchester area if I was working around Boston.  (*blech*)

citizen_142002

• Friend of the FSP
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #83 on: June 12, 2007, 10:40:51 am »

I've heard a lot of folks saying they will be here this year or next. It's good to know folks are coming.

To all you who are still on the fence, FOLKS ARE COMING!

I really think that if we can keep building momentum with the movers, we'll be in good shape. Every new mover is a little piece of encouragement to those who are think about it. Every person thinking about it who picks up and moves, is another piece of encouragement for the next guy.

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #84 on: June 12, 2007, 09:05:05 pm »

I really think that if we can keep building momentum with the movers, we'll be in good shape. Every new mover is a little piece of encouragement to those who are think about it. Every person thinking about it who picks up and moves, is another piece of encouragement for the next guy.

That's true!!  EXCEPT: Us on the outside aren't able to measure this unless the counter moves!!!!!  So update your profile when you move...and remind others to do the same.
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #85 on: June 14, 2007, 06:33:20 am »

I have given up on the counter ... you outsiders will just have to listen to the stories about new guys that have moved. I can only keep up with the movers in our area. People are moving every week. 8)
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

error

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Department of Homeland Stupidity
    • U.S. Department of Homeland Stupidity
« Reply #86 on: June 14, 2007, 12:24:54 pm »

It's going to get to the point where people are moving every day. And then multiple people per day.

shyfrog

• FSP Participant
  • Fear is the foundation of most governments
    • Shyfrog Media
« Reply #87 on: June 14, 2007, 12:33:42 pm »

I moved!  ;D

"Counter? We don't need no steenkin' counter"

As a web designer/developer though, I would think something like that could be automated.
I even changed my location in both the forums and the main site accounts.

BTW, I keep getting calls from the recruiters for the Red Cross looking for Drupal developers. If you know any, they sound really desperate.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 12:35:41 pm by shyfrog »

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #88 on: June 14, 2007, 04:04:10 pm »

I have given up on the counter ... you outsiders will just have to listen to the stories about new guys that have moved. I can only keep up with the movers in our area. People are moving every week. 8)

Well, "us outsiders" aren't going to have an easy time getting new people to move if we can't show that others are moving with them.  That's the whole idea of the FSP: to ensure people that move that they won't be alone.  My personal assurances won't be enough; neither will yours.  It takes 3 minutes to update the profile.

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #89 on: June 14, 2007, 04:06:03 pm »

As a web designer/developer though, I would think something like that could be automated.
I even changed my location in both the forums and the main site accounts.

IT is working on getting the "moved to NH" counter automated...although they may be a little busy right now working on the server issues.

As long as you updated your profile, that's the important thing
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 16   Go Up