Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: When are you Moving?  (Read 64200 times)

cathleeninnh

• FSP Treasurer
  • FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
Re: When are you Moving?
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2007, 12:44:05 pm »

We can't drive to Keene in midweek, but if you have dinner in Manchester or Nashua, we could make that. 7pm Wed or 6:30 on Thursday. Not earlier, due to work.

Cathleen

lordmetroid

« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2007, 07:25:15 pm »

I have planned to go through the paperwork. It freaks me out considering I will be plugged into the system. But at the same time if I don't go the official way. I can never be an activist or run for office if I so would like without being sent back to Sweden or fear of being sent back as I would become a visible target.
Why couldn't you be an activist without government paperwork? You can't run for office ... it's a feature.

Governments are temporary (I found it in the Dec of Ind :) ) .... the paperwork could change later .... or disappear.
I could be an activists I suppose without papers and I would like to settle down and make my domicil New Hampshire. But I would have more touble when I would get arrested for things such as for an example petitioning the government for greivance. Endagering all my property and giving them a strong cause for deporting me. I certainly don't want that. I know it truly is a dilemma. I don't want what government has to offer or rather force upon me by going the official way neither. My Aunt's husband asked me if I would come the undocumented way. Problem is if I do that I would probably be caught and I wouldn't be able to travel back and forth from USA to Europe or Asia and I like to travel back and forth for touristing or visiting family.

It is all so very difficult. I wish USA wasn't a fascist xenophobic nation. Then I could have immigrated in a couple of hours rather than it taking me a couple of decades and 10th of thousands of dollars later. Immigration truly is a problem. But not because it is to easy. I know your stance on how I should do and act, which I truly appreciate. I myself want to be as brave and principled as you. But my special situation of immigration doesn't allow it. I don't even dare to petition the Swedish government in case I would be black-listed and unable to immigrate.

It really is a difficult situation and I really would like to immigrate the undocumented way without government interference and not acknowledge the state as the anarcho-capitalist I have become. But I have to live in a world where people don't like my ideas and I will not be able to do what I wish if I follow my principals to hastily.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 07:32:45 pm by lordmetroid »

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2007, 12:50:11 am »

But I would have more touble when I would get arrested for things such as for an example petitioning the government for greivance. Endagering all my property and giving them a strong cause for deporting me.

It really is a difficult situation and I really would like to immigrate the undocumented way without government interference and not acknowledge the state as the anarcho-capitalist I have become. But I have to live in a world where people don't like my ideas and I will not be able to do what I wish if I follow my principals to hastily.
petitioning the government is overrated. It didn't work for the americans in 1700's with england. You yourself are afraid  to do it in Sweden even though you have all the government paperwork.

Are you an anarcho-capitalist ... if you don't live that way?

Thoreau talked about "There are nine hundred and ninety-nine patrons of virtue to one virtuous man"
I figure those of us in the FSP have to be that 1 man and let others follow us.
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

DreamerTheresa

« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2007, 10:15:51 am »

When are you moving?

NOT SOON ENOUGH!!!

Likely this year.

lordmetroid

« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2007, 11:26:15 am »

No I suppose I am not an anarcho-capitalist if I don't live accordingly. But what shall I do? I am afraid of dissapearing automagicly by the hands of the government if I try to pull such a stunt.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2007, 12:25:44 pm »

No I suppose I am not an anarcho-capitalist if I don't live accordingly. But what shall I do? I am afraid of dissapearing automagicly by the hands of the government if I try to pull such a stunt.
then you can call yourself "afraid" :)
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

error

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Department of Homeland Stupidity
    • U.S. Department of Homeland Stupidity
« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2007, 02:25:40 pm »

I'm moving this weekend!

LibertyforLife

« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2007, 11:59:27 am »

Lordmetroid,

You are in a sitituation from which there are very limited choices. First I want to say, I welcome anyone from anywhere by whatever means, including using force on those who try to stop you from exercising your Creator given rights. Having said that, if you want the benefit of being able to travel between two countries, you have to follow what both governments want you to do.

Just as if you want to be able to come on my land, you have to follow my rules, and give me your guns. My land, my rules. The government's land, their rules. Simply speaking of course.

Personally, I say let the terrorists in, they won't last long in those states that are well armed. You can't convict someone of a crime that haven't yet commited. I know it would be nice to prevent crime by arresting people before they commit a crime, but it just doesn't work that way. Ask anyone who's ever been to jail, a majority of them would rather die then to go back.

Personally, I wouldn't want to go back to a country where I'm from if they stop me from traveling because I disagree with the Government. All countries are protective of their borders, and some of them rightly so. I take offense to you calling the USA facist and xenophobic. Just because some people are so, doesn't make the country such, even if its laws are fascist and xenophobic. That's like saying white is black only because it has a bit of black in it, or is it the other way around, I forget about the color project I did in primary school forgive me. Attack the laws, not the people.

At the moment we liberty seekers are in the minority so we don't have alot to say about how the country is run as a whole. I'm sure if we were in the majority, you would see a different kind of USA then you see today. My main issue right now is money, because without it nothing can be done. Change the money, change the world. You can't fight wars if you don't have the money. Wars cause the value of money to increase and thereby limit the ammount of damage one can do. If we change the money to a commodity backed system, I'm backing silver at the moment, then most of our other problems are solved.

Damn I can't post without going on a tangent. Simply put, if you believe you would be better here then there, which you obviously believe, then why would you want to go anywhere else once you are here. Trust your fellow man to help you if you get into a bind with the government. I'd be standing next to you with a gun to protect you, if that was your wish, and providing someone else is willing to share my belief of protecting the people from the government, you would be safe. I also don't believe that the government has the power to arrest you, another rant at another time.

Forrest
Live free or die!

garthwaited

• Administrator
  • First 1000
« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2007, 09:08:23 pm »

I had a burning desire today to pack up and move this weekend.   :(

I'm frustrated I haven't passively gotten any north-of-boston job leads in 2 months.  Guess I should stop being so passive about it.

Ogre

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Llamas are fun!
    • Ogre's Politics and Views
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2007, 06:39:55 am »

I'm right there with you.  I often want to move right now.  And I've been searching for jobs in NH that meet my requirements for over a year now.  My house has been on the market for 6 months now with zero leads.

Have patience.  I'm going to make it there.  Not today, but this year.  Somehow.
___
Ogre's Views:
http://www.ogresview.com

cathleeninnh

• FSP Treasurer
  • FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2007, 08:54:12 am »

I hear this over and over. Plenty of us have been there. I cannot stress enough that it can be done by being less passive. Houses that have had no offers for any length of time are overpriced for what is shown. Either drop the price to market or change how it is shown. A very good improvement is to put 50% of the furniture and stuff into storage. A sparse, clean house shows much better. Really a minor inconvenience or cost in the long run. As far as a job search, that is tough to do long distance. No easy answer. Consider coming without one, but have  means to support yourself or be flexible enough to "take whatever" while searching. For us, since we had a buyer for the house but no job, we decided to divest ourselves of everything possible. Had the proceeds from the sale of the house and furniture and came with 7 boxes, clothing, and a computer. It gave us flexibility to move around and look for work.

Cathleen

Ogre

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Llamas are fun!
    • Ogre's Politics and Views
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2007, 09:47:12 am »

Thanks for the ideas.  And yes, if either one of the two (job or house) move, the other will be moved.  In other words, if I find a job, I'll drop the house price a lot to sell it.  If I get an offer on the house, I'll show up and do whatever to survive.

Right now I'm still hoping for exactly what I want -- as the year progresses, my standards (for the job and the price on the house) will decline.  The house has been on the market in the winter, so that's been slow.  As spring approaches, if there's not action, I'll have to drop the price.  I'm glad that I can actually afford to drop the price, should the need arise.
___
Ogre's Views:
http://www.ogresview.com

garthwaited

• Administrator
  • First 1000
« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2007, 03:11:15 pm »

Thanks for the ideas.  And yes, if either one of the two (job or house) move, the other will be moved.  In other words, if I find a job, I'll drop the house price a lot to sell it.  If I get an offer on the house, I'll show up and do whatever to survive.

Right now I'm still hoping for exactly what I want -- as the year progresses, my standards (for the job and the price on the house) will decline.  The house has been on the market in the winter, so that's been slow.  As spring approaches, if there's not action, I'll have to drop the price.  I'm glad that I can actually afford to drop the price, should the need arise.

Damned economistic libertarians: Always so damned careful about their opportunistic costs.  :)

eightiesoid

« Reply #73 on: May 23, 2007, 08:12:30 pm »

Just wanted to let everyone know that my wife and I are officially here! I moved here March 8, 2007. Sorry about taking so long to post and for the short message as I work in Boston on a short term contract and the commute takes 3-4 hours a day. This place is so amazing! It is like night and day compared to the DC area! Definitely one of the best decisions of my life! Also, I have found far more culture, better ethnic restaurants, and access to fine foods than back home in the DC metro area. There is an entrepreneurial spirit that runs strong- like Galt's Gulch! The quality is better, the prices are lower, and the service is superb!

Quantrill

• First 1000
« Reply #74 on: May 23, 2007, 09:13:20 pm »

Welcome HOME!   

I moved here March 26.  It's great!
 ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 16   Go Up