Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: When are you Moving?  (Read 58918 times)

error

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Department of Homeland Stupidity
    • U.S. Department of Homeland Stupidity
Re: When are you Moving?
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2007, 12:00:11 am »

If they keep up this whole ethanol as fuel bullshit, they might actually start switching from corn syrup back to sugar!

lordmetroid

« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2007, 03:20:47 am »

Okay, I decided... Sweden is passing an act that will make the military wiretap all electronic communication that passes Sweden's borders. Well that would be everything, DUH!
I have nothing to loose by moving. Just gonna earn some money(I don't even have enough for a plane ticket at the moment) so I can get a place to live in while I searches for my first job in New Hampshire.

LibertyforLife

« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2007, 04:34:14 am »

Depending on your time frame, I'd be more then happy to host any new FSPer while they get on their feet. Of course I have to get to New Hampshire first. That will happen Nov-Dec of this year.

Forrest
Live free or die!

error

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2007, 02:27:02 pm »

Okay, I decided... Sweden is passing an act that will make the military wiretap all electronic communication that passes Sweden's borders. Well that would be everything, DUH!
I have nothing to loose by moving. Just gonna earn some money(I don't even have enough for a plane ticket at the moment) so I can get a place to live in while I searches for my first job in New Hampshire.

If you're going to come here and not go back, and ignore all the stupid paperwork, be sure to buy a round-trip ticket.

lordmetroid

« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2007, 03:47:27 pm »

I have planned to go through the paperwork. It freaks me out considering I will be plugged into the system. But at the same time if I don't go the official way. I can never be an activist or run for office if I so would like without being sent back to Sweden or fear of being sent back as I would become a visible target.

error

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2007, 04:39:38 pm »

Don't worry TOO much about it. There are ways around pretty much every piece of the surveillance state. Stick around nhfree.com and you'll learn a lot. :)

FTL_Ian

• FSP Participant/First 1000
  • Golden Porcupine
  • Former FSP, still in NH.
    • Free Keene - NH's Liberty Activism Destination
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2007, 09:00:05 pm »

My friend-girl and I are driving up to New Hampshire from Philadelphia on March 7th-9th to have a look around. Any ideas anyone? How's Keene? We intend to drive around between Manchester and Nashua at the very least.

Don't miss Keene.  It's the best!   ;D
150+ Reasons to Move to Keene : http://move.FreeKeene.com

Join the *other* liberty activism forum in NH: http://forum.shiresociety.com

aaronjgardner

« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2007, 05:19:32 pm »

Hi, Ian. My friend is flying to Philly on Tuesday, then we're leaving for NH on Wednesday morning. We'll be spending at least that evening and the entirety of Thursday looking around and seeing the sites. We'll be stopping in Keene, too.

She lives in Santa Monica, CA and works/interns/works for The Reason Foundation. She offered to me the idea of interviewing FSP participants when we come to NH this week for the possibility (small? large?) of writing an article about the FSP. And we would both love to meet Free Staters, as I don't know any myself, and I will be moving this summer. Contacts would be great, and getting to know how the Project is going from the mouth of a participant would be a fantastic way to kill two birds with one stone. And I want to eat at this place in Keene called Luca's Mediterranean Cafe (or some such).

What say you all? Anyone interested in meeting us in Nashua, Manchester, Concord or Keene to show us around or talk to us about the face of things in NH? We'll be there Wednesday afternoon/evening and all day Thursday. Email me - aaron dot j dot gardner at gmail dot com.

Leah and I are both so excited about visiting New Hampshire!! I hear it's beautiful. And I need to take pictures of the state so my friend back home in Texas can get more excited about the FSP.

error

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2007, 09:37:44 pm »

Good idea. It's been a long while since Reason covered the FSP. Past time for them to do an update. :)

aaronjgardner

« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2007, 10:10:12 pm »

I didn't mean to give the impression that this would be a Reason supported endeavor. She means merely to write an article and submit it to her co-workers to see if Reason will publish it. If not, maybe LewRockwell.com will. And if not there, maybe anti-war.com or somewhere else. There are many many ways to publish. Reason, however, would be the most visible and probably the most widely read outlet. It would be fantastic if they wanted to publish anything that my friend and I write. But I just want to make it clear that it will have nothing to do with Reason unless Reason decides to publish it.

Just don't want to get people's (and my own) hopes up.

Only two more months of structured, one-size-fits-all, pseudo-authoritarian, crush-the-love-of-learning-out-of-you college for me!! Now THAT'S something to get my hopes up about.  ;D

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2007, 10:59:40 am »

I would like the availability of farmers' markets, Traders Joe's or Whole Foods Markets and so far I've found that Trader Joe's doesn't really exist in New hampshire (as far as I've looked), but I've found a couple of markets in Nashua that deal in Indian ingredients.
My friend-girl and I are driving up to New Hampshire from Philadelphia on March 7th-9th to have a look around. Any ideas anyone? How's Keene?
We have a farmers market, a specialty food store "Blueberry Fields" and our grocery stores are getting more and more "organic" food, but no trader joes or wfm here in Keene. I think it is similar in other cities.
If you want to live in a quiet small city, then Keene is great.
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2007, 11:03:11 am »

I have planned to go through the paperwork. It freaks me out considering I will be plugged into the system. But at the same time if I don't go the official way. I can never be an activist or run for office if I so would like without being sent back to Sweden or fear of being sent back as I would become a visible target.
Why couldn't you be an activist without government paperwork? You can't run for office ... it's a feature.

Governments are temporary (I found it in the Dec of Ind :) ) .... the paperwork could change later .... or disappear.
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2007, 11:32:04 am »

I think it would be good for Free Staters to trade, barter, or sell amongst each other when practical and cut out the government's take. This would be especially good for those growing their own- they can focus on growing one crop and trading the surplus for another. Bartering is becoming popular nationwide and it can help to reduce the cost of living. Maybe have a Craig's List like forum for trading?

We already do it on a small scale on the nh underground forum and in person at porcupine meetings and such.
I just use Craig's list so I don't have to reinvent the wheel. That is why the Keene Free Press doesn't do it's own classifieds. :)

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2007, 11:34:42 am »

I'm big on unprocessed food, but not thrilled at most organics. Try this sometime - go a week without eating corn syrup. It's harder than you think. Even some "organic" bread has it.
Yea ... you can go with raw fruits and veggies and then that corn syrup doesn't sneak in. :)

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2007, 11:37:46 am »

And I want to eat at this place in Keene called Luca's Mediterranean Cafe (or some such).

What say you all? Anyone interested in meeting us in Nashua, Manchester, Concord or Keene to show us around or talk to us about the face of things in NH?
We can probably meet you. Tell us which day and we can work it out. I have never been to that restaurant. There are a few nice places in downtown Keene I have not been in.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 16   Go Up