Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Down

Author Topic: When are you Moving?  (Read 59348 times)

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
Re: When are you Moving?
« Reply #195 on: January 20, 2008, 01:45:38 am »

The FSP profile and forum profiles are not tied together, correct? (I think I remember reading this somewhere but can’t find it now.)

The NH Liberty Alliance has got their main site and the forum synchronized. Apparently Drupal can do this. Perhaps this is something to look into for the FSP site?

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #196 on: January 20, 2008, 03:52:25 am »

The FSP profile and forum profiles are not tied together, correct? (I think I remember reading this somewhere but can’t find it now.)

The FSP profile and this forum profile have nothing to do with each other
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #197 on: January 20, 2008, 04:41:30 pm »

Yeah, I guess I'll try another follow up.  It's quite a bit of work getting that ticker to change, sometimes.  Other people claimed to have looked at my profile, but I don't get to?  How do I know that other info is correct?
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #198 on: January 20, 2008, 05:03:47 pm »

Yeah, I guess I'll try another follow up.  It's quite a bit of work getting that ticker to change, sometimes.  Other people claimed to have looked at my profile, but I don't get to?  How do I know that other info is correct?

You can look at it.  Just go to www.freestateproject.org/user and login.  Then, click on "edit" and you can view and change your info.
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #199 on: January 20, 2008, 08:05:46 pm »

I've tried to do this a few times, but it doesn't accept maxxoccupancy as a user.  I'm not sure what userid it wants.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

error

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Department of Homeland Stupidity
    • U.S. Department of Homeland Stupidity
« Reply #200 on: January 21, 2008, 10:05:24 am »

I arrived on April 17 2006, and am currently a resident of Manchester.

Welcome! Be sure to drop by Taproom Tuesday sometime and meet your fellow freedom lovers!

CA_Libertarian

• FSP Member 2007
« Reply #201 on: March 09, 2008, 04:11:53 pm »

I should be arriving around Mar 1 and staying in Seabrook while I look for work, if not longer.

UPDATE:

As you may already know I didn't move Mar 1.  In fact my move is postponed while my wife deals with some serious health issues.  In a nutshell: she has a genetic heart condition that until recently wasn't an issue.  Now it is quickly becoming a serious problem.  The stress and financial strain of moving to NH right now could literally kill her.  So, until we get her condition under control, we're stuck in CA.  Her father was diagnosed a couple years ago and he has had a great deal of success with diet and medicine changes.  We hope our situation is the same.

I also haven't been posting here much; this situation is demanding all my spare time.  I will try to drop in from time to time.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 06:31:59 pm by CA_Libertarian »
www.pledgebank.com/Next1000

The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it NOW deserves the love and thanks of man and woman.
~Thomas Paine (1737–1809)

seamas

• FSP Participant
« Reply #202 on: March 09, 2008, 05:01:54 pm »

Thanks for this.  I logged on the my profile and tried to change my membership status to First 1,000 Participant but could not (if was a grayed out option).  Should I email Jean Alexander or someone else?  I'd like to update this but more importantly update my address when I move. 

I'll do the "chip in" for the web site because I suspect many people have moved but not let the FSP know because it's not obvious how to do so.  I'd write the FSP a letter or whatever it takes but suspect a lot of people didn't/won't.  Having visited NH a number of times, either there are a lot more FSP members than 500 or they are already being very effective in working with freedom minded New Hampshirites; probably both.

You can look at it.  Just go to www.freestateproject.org/user and login.  Then, click on "edit" and you can view and change your info.

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #203 on: March 10, 2008, 11:59:26 am »

Since the First 1000 finished recruiting 12/31/2006, you wouldn't be able to sign up for it now, but you should still be able to change your profile to indicate that you have moved. You can also choose one of the additional move triggers we've set up.

Thanks for this.  I logged on the my profile and tried to change my membership status to First 1,000 Participant but could not (if was a grayed out option).  Should I email Jean Alexander or someone else?  I'd like to update this but more importantly update my address when I move. 

I'll do the "chip in" for the web site because I suspect many people have moved but not let the FSP know because it's not obvious how to do so.  I'd write the FSP a letter or whatever it takes but suspect a lot of people didn't/won't.  Having visited NH a number of times, either there are a lot more FSP members than 500 or they are already being very effective in working with freedom minded New Hampshirites; probably both.

"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #204 on: March 10, 2008, 02:42:10 pm »

Since the First 1000 finished recruiting 12/31/2006, you wouldn't be able to sign up for it now, but you should still be able to change your profile to indicate that you have moved. You can also choose one of the additional move triggers we've set up.

All you have to do is go to http://www.freestateproject.org/user, click on "edit" and then change your address to your new NH address.

We really should have a prominent button for people to update their profiles.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #205 on: March 10, 2008, 07:17:19 pm »

I don't know about more than half of the movers nowadays.
I also doubt if half of them are counted by the official FSP counter.

It is happening too fast to track and it is all uncoordinated ... it is totally anarchy here. ;D
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

Ogre

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Llamas are fun!
    • Ogre's Politics and Views
« Reply #206 on: March 12, 2008, 01:23:37 pm »

It is happening too fast to track and it is all uncoordinated ... it is totally anarchy here. ;D

Now that's some good news!
___
Ogre's Views:
http://www.ogresview.com

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #207 on: March 12, 2008, 02:05:56 pm »

Now that's some good news!

Russell's being a tease. It's not total anarchy yet, but we're working on it!

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #208 on: March 12, 2008, 02:30:07 pm »

Russell's being a tease. It's not total anarchy yet, but we're working on it!
I have no control over you Dale .... it is total anarchy!

actually I was refering to the moving and how we have no idea how much is really happening 8)
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

flaherty

• Lattitude Zine
« Reply #209 on: March 14, 2008, 04:20:33 am »

hi all,
just wanted to note that i am finally job hunting in the area and ready to make the jump! see you soon... hopefully.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Up