Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Down

Author Topic: When are you Moving?  (Read 59345 times)

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
Re: When are you Moving?
« Reply #180 on: January 13, 2008, 01:01:15 pm »

You might consider Ron Helwig's place up in Deerfield.  Deerfield is a small, inexpensive town 20 minutes from Concord (with high Ron Paul totals), with jobs available within commuting distance.  In fact, Manchvegas is only 25 minutes to the south of us, here.

I am buying a house in Seabrook, which is aboot an hour from Concord, but there certainly are jobs in the area.  I'll be spending the next couple of years attracting taxpayer's advocates to the town to help make sure that it remains a tax haven.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

jpk1nh

« Reply #181 on: January 13, 2008, 01:34:32 pm »

Can't wait to see the Peoples Republic of Md in the rear view mirror and live in a state where I have a CHANCE to make a difference.

There are a lot of folks that sound like they are quitting because they were unable to completely change things in just a year or two.

People need to realize that this is a long term fight and that New Hampshire is a state where you CAN make a difference! Its going to take time and effort but change IS possible in comparison to living in states like Kali, NJ, and Maryland where its more of a holding effort...a struggle to simply maintain the status quo.

One we start to make a difference in NH people of other states will hopefully take notice...it will hopefully become a tipping point and an example of the benefits of smaller/more responsible gov't.

I like the way you think!  :D

Its refreshing to meet like minded people for a change and one of the big reasons I'm coming to NH.

I'm very much Pro US, Pro US Constitution and believe strongly in our political system.....I just happen to believe that in the last few decades things appear to have taken a turn for the worse....to be more specific we have a larger percentage of really bad politicians getting elected term after term who think its ok to stomp on personal rights and individual freedoms and I just don't agree. We need to make sure they understand that its not ok with us that they keep passing bad law after bad law until you cant so much as FART without it being a chargeable crime.

I WILL work within the system to enable change.

I WILL work to educate others to the reality of the problems that we face and encourage them to write/call/e-mail their State and Fed Reps to make sure those critters understand that they WILL lose their cushy jobs if they don't start being responsible.

I WILL NEVER GIVE UP fighting to restore personal freedom and responsibility.

Anyone have any suggestions on where I can find a Cliff Notes version to the ins and outs of the NH Legislature?

I need to get myself up to speed on how the NH Legislature works and when its actually in session
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups...

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #182 on: January 13, 2008, 01:41:28 pm »

Wikipedia New Hampshire, then click on the leads.
Also check out the NH Liberty Alliance.

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #183 on: January 13, 2008, 02:48:36 pm »

And don't forget to sign up at www.pledgebank.com/Next1000
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #184 on: January 13, 2008, 05:00:40 pm »

I need to get myself up to speed on how the NH Legislature works and when its actually in session

One of the best places to start with that is New Hampshire Capitol Access, a weekly show broadcast on public-access TV, and also put online.
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #185 on: January 13, 2008, 11:39:30 pm »

Oh, and I thought I should mention...

If you want to get your feet wet, check out http://www.nhliberty.org/forum and see what's going on with the political fight for liberty in NH
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

cigarlover

« Reply #186 on: January 18, 2008, 09:03:19 am »

We need to make sure they understand that its not ok with us that they keep passing bad law after bad law until you cant so much as FART without it being a chargeable crime.

[/quote]

I beleive congress is working on a way to tax you on that unless you can recapture it and use it as an alternative fuel then they will give you tax credits :):)

Keyser Soce

• FSP Participant
« Reply #187 on: January 18, 2008, 03:26:11 pm »

We need to make sure they understand that its not ok with us that they keep passing bad law after bad law until you cant so much as FART without it being a chargeable crime.

I beleive congress is working on a way to tax you on that unless you can recapture it and use it as an alternative fuel then they will give you tax credits :):)
[/quote]

We could demonstrate with a sit in.... never mind, bad idea.
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." -- Mark Twain

Zefferon

« Reply #188 on: January 18, 2008, 11:39:42 pm »

I arrived on April 17 2006, and am currently a resident of Manchester.
Power attracts. The greater the power, the more corrupt and psychotic are the individuals attracted to it.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #189 on: January 19, 2008, 09:07:15 am »

I arrived on April 17 2006, and am currently a resident of Manchester.
cool... did you change your profile so that the counter clicked?

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #190 on: January 19, 2008, 07:22:47 pm »

I also testified against a gas tax/ toll increase that looks like it's going to pass.  This is another six (technically five) cent per gallon increase, followed by an increase in tolls.

I was surprised that there was no other opposition to this, added to the fact that there were so many porcs testifying against the income tax in the next room.

Zefferon

« Reply #191 on: January 19, 2008, 07:57:18 pm »

Which part of the profile do I change?
Power attracts. The greater the power, the more corrupt and psychotic are the individuals attracted to it.

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #192 on: January 19, 2008, 08:16:01 pm »

Which part of the profile do I change?

When people refer to updating your profile, they mean to update your address (i.e., a NH address now that you've moved).  That will show that you've made the move and the "already in NH" ticker will increase by one.  It's important for recruiting purposes.

Easiest way is to change it is to e-mail Jean Alexander your new address so she can update it for you.  You can e-mail her at jalexander@freestateproject.org and she'll take care of it

Or...

Click on the link below in my signature, login, click "edit" and then update your address.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 05:05:58 pm by sjhipple »

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #193 on: January 19, 2008, 10:55:33 pm »

I shot off an email ten days ago, and still haven't gotten a response.  For four years, I haven't known the status of my profile, or whether I'm even counted as a mover.

Not that I care, but I'd like to know that the number is accurate.

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #194 on: January 20, 2008, 12:43:09 am »

I shot off an email ten days ago, and still haven't gotten a response.  For four years, I haven't known the status of my profile, or whether I'm even counted as a mover.

Not that I care, but I'd like to know that the number is accurate.

Who'd you send an e-mail to?  Maybe you should follow up!  It's important.

Do you remember your login info?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Up