Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13]   Go Down

Author Topic: computer calling?  (Read 57588 times)

lloydbob1

Re: computer calling?
« Reply #180 on: January 01, 2007, 12:14:37 am »

It doesn't matter in WHAT you believe.  The fact that I came here and criticized your belief is why you attacked.  I criticized your revered leaders and you felt attacked, regardless of whether it was an attack.  This is similar to why certain religious groups bomb each other. 

I don't have leaders, sweetie.

Bow Down Before Shorty Dawkins!

nobanana

« Reply #181 on: January 01, 2007, 01:58:08 am »

Time to go celebrate the new year, and the "success" of First 1000, sponsored by Ian and his brilliant show. Bringing the message of freedom to the common man is no small task. It is one which I aspired to undertake long ago, and have sinced abandoned for earning money and supporting those who have the stomach for it.

I am pleased to have taken a small last minute part in the First 1000, and to have spent several minutes of my valuable time responding to the concerns of a ridiculously small minority of disgruntled parties. I will continue to apologize for the inconvenience. I hope you will continue to open your mind to modern methods of communication.

I'm all for modern methods of communication.  However, robot calling is only a modern method of telemarketing, not communication.

Communication is 2 way.  Robot calling is simply blasting your message at people.

nobanana

« Reply #182 on: January 01, 2007, 02:00:40 am »

It doesn't matter in WHAT you believe.  The fact that I came here and criticized your belief is why you attacked.  I criticized your revered leaders and you felt attacked, regardless of whether it was an attack.  This is similar to why certain religious groups bomb each other. 

I don't have leaders, sweetie.

Yes, you do.  It's the fsp with the goal of making the first 1000 succeed.  Anything that's done in the name of success is good and any questioning of methods is bad, which is why you attacked me when I questioned it.

nobanana

« Reply #183 on: January 01, 2007, 02:06:17 am »

Robocall spam = modern method of communication...?
So is email spam.

Both rude and unnacceptable.

Email spam is by definition unwanted emails usually by total strangers you did not opt in to.

These calls were made by a fellow FSP member who gave his personal cel phone number... did you call him to complain before you came here?  You opted into them by giving your phone number.  You've now decided to opt out.  Not spam.  Toodles!

This has already been argued.  Giving someone your email address doesn't mean that you want them to start blasting you with junk email.  It would still be spam. 

It's a matter of reasonable expectations.  If you give your address to a company, you can reasonably expect to receive junk mail.  If you give your email address to a company, you can reasonably expect marketing email from them only.  If you give them your phone number, you can reasonably expect their sales people will call you, LIVE.

Do you give your email address out to friends thinking that they would initiate spam on you?  No, because you have reasonable expectations that your friends wouldn't abuse your email address.

We gave the fsp our phone numbers with reasonable expectations of not having our numbers abused.

I, as well as obviously Elizabeth, consider robot calling something people would NOT reasonably expect.  It's a form of number abuse.

jhiggin

• FSP Participant
  • #libertarian (efnet, irc)
« Reply #184 on: January 01, 2007, 04:07:11 am »

i prefer the robo call rather than a person, maybe it's just me and my INTP personality =/.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #185 on: January 01, 2007, 10:16:24 am »

Damn  these are good threads.  Wow things go crazy when I am not in NH... the universe must not be balanced!  I am not leaving in JAN.
Sweet F1K made it.

(Lloyd if I was ever mad at you I apologize... I had tears coming out of my eyes.)

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13]   Go Up