Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: computer calling?  (Read 57520 times)

Elizabeth

• Former FSP Vice President
  • Someone has to ask the tough questions...
    • Free State Project
Re: computer calling?
« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2006, 05:05:13 pm »

Nobody in New Hampshire gives a damn about 20,000, Elizabeth. 

That is the stated goal and purpose of the FSP.  If the FSP hasn't met it, and won't meet it, it's a failure.

You're happy in NH - great.  The FSP is still a failure.

Who wouldn't want to hear from another Porc?  Even twice the same week

Kudo's to all you guys and gals doing something to advance the FSP, however craven.

Hey, more spam!  That's the spirit!

lloydbob1

« Reply #76 on: December 30, 2006, 05:05:29 pm »

The intention was only to call individuals who willingly provided their numbers for use by FSP purposes.

If robotcalls calls were included as part of the FSP contact purposes, I sure wouldn't have agreed.

And I'm pretty sure the FSP only has my husband's phone as a backup for when we had the big press week.

I've provided my phone number to certain organizations I trust not to abuse it - I thought FSP was one of those.
Who wouldn't want to hear from another Porc?  Even twice the same week

Kudo's to all you guys and gals doing something to advance the FSP, however craven.

Elizabeth

• Free State Project
« Reply #77 on: December 30, 2006, 05:05:44 pm »

Considering that within the first sentence of the call Mark (the guy who recorded the audio) gives out his personal CELL PHONE NUMBER, I don't think you can consider it spam.  Considering he invites the listener to call him personally for any reason, I don't think that's spam.

Considering that the first two calls came in as half-assed voicemail messages, with the beginning (and ends) cut off, that's not very helpful.

Considering that Nigerian princes invite me to email them, it's still spam.

Hey, more spam!  That's the spirit!

Elizabeth

• Free State Project
« Reply #78 on: December 30, 2006, 05:06:02 pm »

The intention was only to call individuals who willingly provided their numbers for use by FSP purposes.

If robotcalls calls were included as part of the FSP contact purposes, I sure wouldn't have agreed.

And I'm pretty sure the FSP only has my husband's phone as a backup for when we had the big press week.

I've provided my phone number to certain organizations I trust not to abuse it - I thought FSP was one of those.

lloydbob1

« Reply #79 on: December 30, 2006, 05:06:10 pm »

When it's time to publicly take a stand against the popular opinion, they shrink.

Um, if you think going on national TV and national and international radio and defending liberty isn't taking a stand, you can kiss my ass.  I've lost job opportunities because of people googling me and seeing what I've said in favor of the FSP.  I accept that as a consequence of my beliefs, but DON'T accuse me of not taking a stand.

Who wouldn't want to hear from another Porc?  Even twice the same week

lloydbob1

« Reply #80 on: December 30, 2006, 05:06:42 pm »

"If you give your phone number to the FSP, and expect that they'll never call you, then you're an idiot."

Not expecting spammy robotcalls is reasonable, I think.  Especially malfunctioning ones.

Elizabeth

• Free State Project
« Reply #81 on: December 30, 2006, 05:07:05 pm »

"If you give your phone number to the FSP, and expect that they'll never call you, then you're an idiot."

Not expecting spammy robotcalls is reasonable, I think.  Especially malfunctioning ones.

lloydbob1

« Reply #82 on: December 30, 2006, 05:07:15 pm »

"Elizabeth, if you mean to say that the FSP has failed in that it won't get to 20K within a couple years, you're right."

Yes, I am.

Another project has been started - fine, good luck.  But it's not the FSP as stated, as pledged to.

lloydbob1

« Reply #83 on: December 30, 2006, 05:07:47 pm »

I want to thank everyone who's working hard these last few weeks of the year to make these phone calls, whether they be personal or computer calls.  It is clearly making a difference and if we get the 1000 signers in the next 24 hours, that will be a huge, major success, and one that can be built upon in the future.

Yes, that 1000 looks mighty impressive.  You don't think someone might, um, notice the difference between 20K and 1K?

Elizabeth

• Free State Project
« Reply #84 on: December 30, 2006, 05:08:08 pm »

Also, the word is "kudos."

Watch out for those extra apostrophes - they multiply like SPAM.

lloydbob1

« Reply #85 on: December 30, 2006, 05:08:49 pm »

These numbers are destroyed and returned to the FSP with the results of the calls - contacted, no longer in service, etc.

Personally, I have little faith in that.  All of the original phone bank volunteers were told, both via email and via personal phone call from Varrin, that part of the agreement was that they were on their honor to return the private FSP membership data, along with any updates, to me.  Several failed to do so, including some now involved with the current robocall/calling for money project.   :P

That is SO f*cked up.Who wouldn't want to hear from another Porc?  Even twice the same week

(I'm getting tired.  I'll continue later.)

FreeBoB

« Reply #86 on: December 30, 2006, 05:31:32 pm »

That was a good out loud laugh!   ;D ;D

FTL_Ian

• FSP Participant/First 1000
  • Golden Porcupine
  • Former FSP, still in NH.
    • Free Keene - NH's Liberty Activism Destination
« Reply #87 on: December 30, 2006, 05:58:25 pm »

The FSP led to the creation of Free Talk Live which now reaches hundreds of thousands of listeners on the weekends, and the numbers are growing.

The first two claims in that sentence are false, for the record.
150+ Reasons to Move to Keene : http://move.FreeKeene.com

Join the *other* liberty activism forum in NH: http://forum.shiresociety.com

RichW

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #88 on: December 30, 2006, 06:27:13 pm »

Rich says in this thread his group could have made more human calls - why sell my number to a spammer?

Elizabeth, you misuderstood my post.  I am not a "group"...just another FSP participant.  Read my post again and Friday's response.  That should clear things up.

I understand why you are upset.  I get emotional about freedom and privacy issues too.  Come to think of it, that is why I am a participant in the FSP.  Don't forget though, that we are all just volunteers, and human.  We do the best we can but make mistakes.  Your time as Vice President probably taught you that there is often far more work than there are volunteers to do it.  That leads to communcation breakdowns and sub-optimal decision-making.

As far as I can tell, a computer snafu resulted in 4 robo-calls to your phone numbers.  The person that goofed apologized.  Please accept that apology.

In order to succeed as an organization, however, we must contact our members from time to time.  I suspect the new year will bring an opt-out decision for you and others that no longer want to be a part of the FSP.  Avail yourself of that option.  But, please stop berating us for being human.  Thank you!

"... it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds...."  ~  Samuel Adams

lloydbob1

« Reply #89 on: December 30, 2006, 07:06:06 pm »

Why do you still post here if the FSP is such an abject failure Elizabeth?

BECAUSE I GOT SPAMMED BY ROBOCALLS.

Which I've now found out were generated by my number being SOLD to the spammer.

OUTRAGEOUS.

Kudos  to all you guys and gals doing something to advance the FSP, however craven.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 13   Go Up