Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: computer calling?  (Read 57617 times)

Elizabeth

• Former FSP Vice President
  • Someone has to ask the tough questions...
    • Free State Project
Re: computer calling?
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2006, 03:12:09 pm »

The intention was only to call individuals who willingly provided their numbers for use by FSP purposes.

If robotcalls calls were included as part of the FSP contact purposes, I sure wouldn't have agreed.

And I'm pretty sure the FSP only has my husband's phone as a backup for when we had the big press week.

I've provided my phone number to certain organizations I trust not to abuse it - I thought FSP was one of those.

citizen_142002

• Friend of the FSP
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2006, 03:16:20 pm »

The computer calling is working. Not that everyone here seems to care if First 1000 works or not. I'm glad Mark took the intiative and I'd say that if F1K makes it, we'll have him to thank. If you give your phone number to the FSP, and expect that they'll never call you, then you're an idiot. Giving a phone number to an organization is tantamount to giving that organization permission to call you.

Thank you Mark. :)

Elizabeth, if you mean to say that the FSP has failed in that it won't get to 20K within a couple years, you're right. If you mean to say that it has failed in not producing results, you're wrong. The folks in NH have gotten things done. The FSP led to the creation of Free Talk Live which now reaches hundreds of thousands of listeners on the weekends, and the numbers are growing.

Now we've almost got the 1000 people who'll give the FSP and MORE importantly the liberty movement in New Hampshire an enormous boost. One reason the FSP has flatlined is because a lot of the folks in charge have had the same narrow view of success that you have. Many have refused to engage in any activity besides looking for the remaing 13K. Once the F1K is done, there will be an opportunity to recruit with new fervor, and an emphasis on moving.

Once people know that there are 1000 porcs in NH, I think you'll find a lot of folks will be moving with less apprehension and forestalling.  

If you aren't willing to offend a handful of people by calling them, then maybe taking on the system isn't for you. A lot of libertarians talk a big talk, but then when it's time to publicly take a stand against the popular opinion, they shrink.

Elizabeth

• Free State Project
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2006, 03:20:32 pm »

When it's time to publicly take a stand against the popular opinion, they shrink.

Um, if you think going on national TV and national and international radio and defending liberty isn't taking a stand, you can kiss my ass.  I've lost job opportunities because of people googling me and seeing what I've said in favor of the FSP.  I accept that as a consequence of my beliefs, but DON'T accuse me of not taking a stand.

Elizabeth

• Free State Project
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2006, 03:21:38 pm »

"If you give your phone number to the FSP, and expect that they'll never call you, then you're an idiot."

Not expecting spammy robotcalls is reasonable, I think.  Especially malfunctioning ones.

Ogre

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Llamas are fun!
    • Ogre's Politics and Views
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2006, 03:23:35 pm »

I want to thank everyone who's working hard these last few weeks of the year to make these phone calls, whether they be personal or computer calls.  It is clearly making a difference and if we get the 1000 signers in the next 24 hours, that will be a huge, major success, and one that can be built upon in the future.
___
Ogre's Views:
http://www.ogresview.com

Elizabeth

• Free State Project
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2006, 03:24:51 pm »

"Elizabeth, if you mean to say that the FSP has failed in that it won't get to 20K within a couple years, you're right."

Yes, I am.

Another project has been started - fine, good luck.  But it's not the FSP as stated, as pledged to.

Elizabeth

• Free State Project
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2006, 03:26:54 pm »

I want to thank everyone who's working hard these last few weeks of the year to make these phone calls, whether they be personal or computer calls.  It is clearly making a difference and if we get the 1000 signers in the next 24 hours, that will be a huge, major success, and one that can be built upon in the future.

Yes, that 1000 looks mighty impressive.  You don't think someone might, um, notice the difference between 20K and 1K?

Friday

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • I'm a browncoat!
    • Shire Liberty News
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2006, 03:28:50 pm »

For the few people who will be offended, it's well worth it.  Fact is, we don't have enough volunteers to make 5,000 real calls.  I doubt you stepped up, as most people have not.  Congrats to Mark for taking the initiative and making this happen!

When I joined the Yahoo group and asked for some phone numbers,  Sandy replied that all of the phone numbers had been distributed.

Am I to now understand that there are still phone calls to be made?  Are there 2 groups making calls?  The pledge is almost over.  But, if there are still participants that have not been called, let us know.  Post Mark's contact info here.  Some of us may have time to make some calls today or tomorrow.

Rich, in answer to your question:  Varrin took F1K out of my hands after I made that statement.  Yes, there are two groups making calls. There are people who did it out of a sense of volunteerism; and there are people who are now getting paid to do it.  I had nothing to do with the decision either to pay people for signups, or the decision to use robocallers (which I find creepy and irritating).  I regret any association of myself as so-called "First 1000 Project Manager" with these decisions. 
Shire Liberty News - spotlighting activism in New Hampshire: the frontier of freedom
http://www.shirelibertynews.com

citizen_142002

• Friend of the FSP
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2006, 03:34:24 pm »

Why do you still post here if the FSP is such an abject failure Elizabeth? If someone wants to jump ship because they honestly believe that the FSP is done for, that is fine by me. However, I can't stand when frustrated folks who claim to be doing good for the project sit around and snipe. If you think we've failed then clear out your desk and do something else for liberty. Why would you waste your time on a "dead project"? Honestly and without malice, I suggest that you ought to go do something else, because you are only serving to divide and discourage those who are trying to get thing done.

Anyway, why are we even on this thread? There is a little more than a day left and as of the most recent count, we need 33 more signers. If you know anyone who was unsure as to whether they would sign the F1K, then call or e-mail them and encourage them to sign today. Why not pop over to other liberty friendly forums and let everyone know that it's last call on this thing?

I for one am done wasting my time here today. Those who wish to stay and complain about how far away 20K is are welcome to do that for a few years.

Friday

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • I'm a browncoat!
    • Shire Liberty News
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2006, 03:35:14 pm »

These numbers are destroyed and returned to the FSP with the results of the calls - contacted, no longer in service, etc.

Personally, I have little faith in that.  All of the original phone bank volunteers were told, both via email and via personal phone call from Varrin, that part of the agreement was that they were on their honor to return the private FSP membership data, along with any updates, to me.  Several failed to do so, including some now involved with the current robocall/calling for money project.   :P
Shire Liberty News - spotlighting activism in New Hampshire: the frontier of freedom

Elizabeth

• Free State Project
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2006, 03:37:14 pm »

These numbers are destroyed and returned to the FSP with the results of the calls - contacted, no longer in service, etc.

Personally, I have little faith in that.  All of the original phone bank volunteers were told, both via email and via personal phone call from Varrin, that part of the agreement was that they were on their honor to return the private FSP membership data, along with any updates, to me.  Several failed to do so, including some now involved with the current robocall/calling for money project.   :P

That is SO f*cked up.

Friday

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • I'm a browncoat!
    • Shire Liberty News
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2006, 03:38:15 pm »

When I joined the Yahoo group and asked for some phone numbers,  Sandy replied that all of the phone numbers had been distributed.

Am I to now understand that there are still phone calls to be made?  Are there 2 groups making calls?  The pledge is almost over.  But, if there are still participants that have not been called, let us know.  Post Mark's contact info here.  Some of us may have time to make some calls today or tomorrow.

941-356-3562 cel  mark@freetalklive.com

The original call set that Sandy had was the people who had said they'd move within 2 years.  Mark is in charge of calling everyone else.  I'm sure he'd appreciate your call.

Incorrect.  I had volunteers making calls beyond the "move within 2 years" group as well. 

Elizabeth

• Free State Project
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2006, 03:38:37 pm »

Why do you still post here if the FSP is such an abject failure Elizabeth?

BECAUSE I GOT SPAMMED BY ROBOCALLS.

Which I've now found out were generated by my number being SOLD to the spammer.

OUTRAGEOUS.

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2006, 03:40:53 pm »

Wow, this thread really blew up... The FSP's privacy policy has never been breached as far as I can tell; I just want to clarify that. From everything I've been told about this new operation, it seems that limited contact information was given to FSP volunteers, not to anyone outside the organization, just as we have always done for local groups, for the big calling project we did during the state vote, and for the earlier (human) calls for the F1K project, which were targeted mostly at people who had indicated on the website that they expected to move within two years.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

Elizabeth

• Free State Project
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2006, 03:41:43 pm »

pay people for signups

SERIOUSLY?  The FSP is paying people to get F1K signups?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 13   Go Up