Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: computer calling?  (Read 57614 times)

Elizabeth

• Former FSP Vice President
  • Someone has to ask the tough questions...
    • Free State Project
Re: computer calling?
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2006, 01:17:02 pm »

"Spam would occur if the FSP provided your number to the LP and they used the number to contact you."

As far as I'm concerned, privacy has been breached.  Who knows who has my phone number and address info now?  Sounds like lists have been distributed to everyone and their brother for this bullsh*t marketing push.

UNACCEPTABLE.

And don't you DARE accuse me of not giving time and energy to the FSP, you self-righteous little man.

Ruger Mason

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2006, 01:24:34 pm »

You've got to be kidding me.  The FSP asks people to turn over their lives, sell their homes, take their kids out of school, quit their jobs and establish it all over again in another state hundreds of miles away, and there's bitching about a 30 second phone call to the point of threatening to call the government in on it.  Sorry for the inconvenience, but if you're that miffed by something so minor, then your understanding of the FSP's mission and the gravity of what it asks has been knocked way out of perspective.

Rocketman

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Statism Sucks
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2006, 01:30:13 pm »

She almost seems upset we're succeeding without her.   ???

5/13/06: I'M HOME!!!!!!!!!  #401!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elizabeth

• Free State Project
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2006, 01:32:52 pm »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah, succeeding, right.

You're going to get to that 20,000 - um, when?  With real signup numbers, please?

Elizabeth

• Free State Project
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2006, 01:34:08 pm »

You've got to be kidding me.  The FSP asks people to turn over their lives, sell their homes, take their kids out of school, quit their jobs and establish it all over again in another state hundreds of miles away, and there's bitching about a 30 second phone call to the point of threatening to call the government in on it.  Sorry for the inconvenience, but if you're that miffed by something so minor, then your understanding of the FSP's mission and the gravity of what it asks has been knocked way out of perspective.

I know INTIMATELY what the FSP is asking.  I also take privacy VERY seriously, and therefore handing out my phone number to god knows who for spam calls is both unnecessary and offensive.

Rocketman

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Statism Sucks
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2006, 01:42:33 pm »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah, succeeding, right.

You're going to get to that 20,000 - um, when?  With real signup numbers, please?

Nobody in New Hampshire gives a damn about 20,000, Elizabeth.  The ~175 who beat me to NH were all the incentive I needed, and I've done more actual winning here in 7 months (read about the Joel Winters campaign?) than I could have imagined in 10 years if I'd stayed in Kentucky.  Our lives are better here, and we feel like we're doing our part for the future of human liberty.  And we are being effective.  If that sounds like failure to you, crawl back into your cave.

Elizabeth

• Free State Project
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2006, 01:47:01 pm »

Nobody in New Hampshire gives a damn about 20,000, Elizabeth. 

That is the stated goal and purpose of the FSP.  If the FSP hasn't met it, and won't meet it, it's a failure.

You're happy in NH - great.  The FSP is still a failure.

Rocketman

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Statism Sucks
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2006, 01:51:58 pm »

If the New Hampshire freedom movement succeeds, the FSP achieves its ultimate goal.  Did you join for the excitement of getting signups or for the promise of liberty?

Elizabeth

• Free State Project
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2006, 02:12:42 pm »

Let me also clarify - aside from the privacy breach, had a live person called, it wouldn't have been half as offensive.  Robotcalls are lazy, and they're spam.

MengerFan

• FSP Participant
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2006, 02:35:07 pm »

This anger is seriously unwarranted. Only phone numbers were provided, with no names. These numbers were used to make calls for the FSP, not any other organization. These numbers are destroyed and returned to the FSP with the results of the calls - contacted, no longer in service, etc.

This again is not spam, by definition. If anyone, such as yourself, was contacted in error, then I am sure the FSP as well as myself do apologize without sarcasm. The intention was only to call individuals who willingly provided their numbers for use by FSP purposes. Any other contact was unintentional, qualifies as bona fide error by the letter of the law as well as by most reasonable persons.

Clearly you are disgruntled with the FSP for other reasons. I would ask that you not take out unrelated frustrations on any organization for employing an efficient, last-ditch effort promotional campaign. From our side, more calls can be made with fewer people. From the receiving side, it is much easier to hang up on a recording than a live person, if you do not want to hear what they have to say. I will also add that the FSP has an entire team of everyone they can find to make "live" calls for this whole past week, again acting in service of the FSP and not using those numbers for any other purpose.

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2006, 02:36:09 pm »

Hi Elizabeth....Nice to see you still have some interest in the FSP.  Personally
think if you had taken the time to really get to know some of the folks your
attitude might be a bit different. :)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 02:39:18 pm by Dave Mincin »
Please join us!
http://www.nhliberty.org/ New Hampshire Liberty Alliance.

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

Plug>>>>Realtor Lovejoy Real Estate!

FTL_Ian

• FSP Participant/First 1000
  • Golden Porcupine
  • Former FSP, still in NH.
    • Free Keene - NH's Liberty Activism Destination
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2006, 02:36:31 pm »

Let me also clarify - aside from the privacy breach, had a live person called, it wouldn't have been half as offensive.  Robotcalls are lazy, and they're spam.

Considering that within the first sentence of the call Mark (the guy who recorded the audio) gives out his personal CELL PHONE NUMBER, I don't think you can consider it spam.  Considering he invites the listener to call him personally for any reason, I don't think that's spam.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 02:17:57 am by Steve »
150+ Reasons to Move to Keene : http://move.FreeKeene.com

Join the *other* liberty activism forum in NH: http://forum.shiresociety.com

FTL_Ian

• FSP Participant/First 1000
  • Golden Porcupine
  • Former FSP, still in NH.
    • Free Keene - NH's Liberty Activism Destination
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2006, 02:39:31 pm »

When I joined the Yahoo group and asked for some phone numbers,  Sandy replied that all of the phone numbers had been distributed.

Am I to now understand that there are still phone calls to be made?  Are there 2 groups making calls?  The pledge is almost over.  But, if there are still participants that have not been called, let us know.  Post Mark's contact info here.  Some of us may have time to make some calls today or tomorrow.

941-356-3562 cel  mark@freetalklive.com

The original call set that Sandy had was the people who had said they'd move within 2 years.  Mark is in charge of calling everyone else.  I'm sure he'd appreciate your call.
150+ Reasons to Move to Keene : http://move.FreeKeene.com

Join the *other* liberty activism forum in NH: http://forum.shiresociety.com

RichW

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2006, 03:04:02 pm »

When I joined the Yahoo group and asked for some phone numbers,  Sandy replied that all of the phone numbers had been distributed.

Am I to now understand that there are still phone calls to be made?  Are there 2 groups making calls?  The pledge is almost over.  But, if there are still participants that have not been called, let us know.  Post Mark's contact info here.  Some of us may have time to make some calls today or tomorrow.

941-356-3562 cel  mark@freetalklive.com

The original call set that Sandy had was the people who had said they'd move within 2 years.  Mark is in charge of calling everyone else.  I'm sure he'd appreciate your call.

OK, thanks.
"... it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds...."  ~  Samuel Adams

Elizabeth

• Free State Project
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2006, 03:07:10 pm »

Considering that within the first sentence of the call Mark (the guy who recorded the audio) gives out his personal CELL PHONE NUMBER, I don't think you can consider it spam.  Considering he invites the listener to call him personally for any reason, I don't think that's spam.

Considering that the first two calls came in as half-assed voicemail messages, with the beginning (and ends) cut off, that's not very helpful.

Considering that Nigerian princes invite me to email them, it's still spam.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13   Go Up