Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: I want to move but have no means!  (Read 8327 times)

lowen

Re: I want to move but have no means!
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2007, 12:21:45 pm »

2 - Why the heck do so many people have "I'm a llama" on their profiles?

If you were cool, you'd already know.

Ward Griffiths

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Canvas and Quicklime
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2007, 01:01:19 pm »

2 - Why the heck do so many people have "I'm a llama" on their profiles?

It's the default "Personal text" in every user profile.  I've reason to believe that it's a semi-not-too-polite way to call anybody who hasn't changed that text a lamer.

Click on "Profile" in the bar up under the search field, then on "Forum Profile Information" to your left.  Go wild.
--
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd@comcast.net

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  (Denis Diderot)

cathleeninnh

• FSP Treasurer
  • FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2007, 04:34:59 pm »

We don't have children living with us. If I still had them, I imagine it would mean more suitcases. Everyone does need a change of clothes or two. Maybe
I would have upped it to 5 plates, towels, etc. We did have a bank account for the eventual apartment deposit. The point is that day to day existance isn't all that bad if you can change clothes, open a can of food, lay your head with a loved one. The stuff we surround ourselves with is a convenience. The more things we consider necessary enough to pack and ship and store and maintain, the more complicated and costly life gets. I may buy and use furniture and appliances and books or tv, but I won't assign great value to it. It weighs you down.

Cathleen

Forastero

• It's like butter
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2007, 01:09:42 am »

Welcome to the FSP and the FSP forums my friend! I am in a similar position, wanting to move but not having the means of doing so. Still, we'll eventually get there, just gotta believe.
Yeah, freedom baby, I love it!

Kate

• Now in NH
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2007, 09:35:49 am »

If are willing to wait a little longer it may be possible to save up some money and do some planning to get to The Shire in much better shape.

Selling your stuff is a great idea.   This gives you so many more options for living arrangements.

No matter what your situation is you can start cutting your spending and build up some reserves.  This will take work to do.  Most people have a very hard time scaling back their life style.

I love the book Your Money or Your Life

http://www.yourmoneyoryourlife.org/

The book isn't a conventional book on saving and investing.  The idea of there plan is to track where your money goes, and then looking weather the money was spent on things of value to you.  When you do this all of a sudden you now know where your money is going and you can make changes.  The idea of the program is to change the way you look at money and how to use it as a means of achieving your goals. 
It is very easy to find used. 
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 09:38:22 am by Kate »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up